Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all

+6
Snubby
jazzycat
Loki
longshot
Grey Man
cripster
10 posters

Go down

Hi all Empty Hi all

Post by cripster Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 am

Hi my name is Graham, i'm a disabled person, who loves playing games, i have all CoD and SMNC MOONBREAKERS plus a few others.
I'm from New Zealand, i spend most of my day in my wheelchair, playing games and watching TV. I have a Toshiba Laptop which the graphic's suxs, i'm trying to save up to buy a better computer Smile

On my website www.artwheels.net you can see a video of me at my computer, which shows how i play most games.

Please feel free to ask my anything if you need to know something.

Regards...........

Cripster
aka Graham.
cripster
cripster

http://www.artwheels.net

Back to top Go down

Hi all Empty Re: Hi all

Post by Grey Man Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 am

Welcome cripster! I'm pretty sure I've seen you in game. Which server you usually fly on?

Grey Man

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:06 am

Hey cripster, welcome aboard!
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by cripster Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:29 am

Mostly Aus cos of lagg on other servers.
cripster
cripster

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:10 am

Welcome!
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 am

Heya Cripster! Dude, so glad you made your way over here!

First of all, welcome aboard Pilot! Secondly... I'm a failboat and never got around to posting that post I said I was going to post (I actually have it still half-written on another browser tab, but then I lost my FOCUS, as Snubby likes to keep telling at me in varying volumes of vocal frustration, and got distracted by something else - probably a steam message, or Vent, or dinner, or 9gag...).

*deeeeeep breath*

But! I'll finish it up and see how it goes. Your own introduction thread will probably end up devolving into a chat-thread as well, like some of the others' have, lol.

Have also checked out the vid of you gaming to see what sort of setup we're looking at; if you haven't already I'm already thinking of getting your default game-keys changed to something more stick-friendly, and more info about what sort of mouse you're using, any extra mouse-buttons you're able to get to on the sides?, do/can you use the mouse-wheel easily in that hand-position etc. (I'm more of a hand-grab/mouse-palmer person myself).

Also, might see if altering the zoom-view to give you more peripheral vision does anything (you may have to get used to shooting things allover again due to the slightly altered perspective of the ship but I have faith you'll be able to adapt to that no probs); but I'm not sure if that'd increase the graphics load? Anyone know?

Other questions I have: What sort of connection do you have? DSL? Wireless? Cable? Phone-line? Satellite? If it's via a dedicated phone-line does there tend to be crackling/static (this can affect connection quality intermittently).

Oh duh, laptop, probably wireless; signal strength? If/When you get onto vent, what sort of ping do you get (I usually average about 220, ouch!).

/brain-dump
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Snubby Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:27 am

cheers
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by cripster Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:05 am

jazzycat wrote:Heya Cripster! Dude, so glad you made your way over here!

First of all, welcome aboard Pilot! Secondly... I'm a failboat and never got around to posting that post I said I was going to post (I actually have it still half-written on another browser tab, but then I lost my FOCUS, as Snubby likes to keep telling at me in varying volumes of vocal frustration, and got distracted by something else - probably a steam message, or Vent, or dinner, or 9gag...).

*deeeeeep breath*

But! I'll finish it up and see how it goes. Your own introduction thread will probably end up devolving into a chat-thread as well, like some of the others' have, lol.

Have also checked out the vid of you gaming to see what sort of setup we're looking at; if you haven't already I'm already thinking of getting your default game-keys changed to something more stick-friendly, and more info about what sort of mouse you're using, any extra mouse-buttons you're able to get to on the sides?, do/can you use the mouse-wheel easily in that hand-position etc. (I'm more of a hand-grab/mouse-palmer person myself).

Also, might see if altering the zoom-view to give you more peripheral vision does anything (you may have to get used to shooting things allover again due to the slightly altered perspective of the ship but I have faith you'll be able to adapt to that no probs); but I'm not sure if that'd increase the graphics load? Anyone know?

Other questions I have: What sort of connection do you have? DSL? Wireless? Cable? Phone-line? Satellite? If it's via a dedicated phone-line does there tend to be crackling/static (this can affect connection quality intermittently).

Oh duh, laptop, probably wireless; signal strength? If/When you get onto vent, what sort of ping do you get (I usually average about 220, ouch!).

/brain-dump

My vent is ok around the same as you, i'll get on tomorrow Saturday, i have a logitech mouse and i can use the wheel to slow down and speed up which i was doing tonight Smile, i could never work out when to fire a missile, but have tonight, and once i get use to things i think i'll get more kills as i go along. i'll catch up with you on vent tomorrow as its midnight here and i need sleep lol.
cripster
cripster

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

Welcome to the party!

thanks for coming, hope you enjoy yourself.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:05 am

Excellent! Using the mouse-wheel up/down to throttle is good; and from what I could see tonight you've already got a handle on leading your targets to fire.

The missiles you've got in the FH-250 are the SR Tracking ones. To use SRTMs, your target has to be within the grey circlular-outline mid-screen for the 2-3 seconds it takes to lock-on, as indicated by beep-beep-TONE. On tone, it's locked, fire-away. It is also possible to fire the SRTMs without locking on, but unlike a rocket they can be shot-down/intercepted.

Avoid flying in a straight line at *anything* especially near the enemy carrier; one of your deaths last night was due to enemy carrier fire. The turrets are slow - they'll lock onto your current position and then fire before re-aligning (ie. they aren't intelligent enough to lead their target), so if you happen to be flying towards one that's already pointed at you, watch out!

Try flying in a "drunken stagger" style just mouse-steering and watch the carrier fire adjust this way and that; also boost - do you use it often? And when? In which situations? Not a trick-question, finding out what you already know.

Hopefully you've already messed around in the Options > Controls > Key-bindings and made the Roll Left/Roll Right buttons something else more accessible; look up some posts in the Game Play area for more details on counter-rolling when you turn/drifting.

The square brackets control ship-perspective so you can zoom out a bit more to give yourself more peripheral vision. So set that and see how that feels.

BTW I've only just recently started flying in a Heavy (FH-200 Pirahna) so I don't feel I know enough to give you any definite tips on how to adjust flying-style for this class (much less that ship in particular); hopefully one of the other guys can fill in something more specific than "PEW PEW PEW WHEEEEE" Rolling Eyes
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyxy Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 am

jazzycat wrote:

BTW I've only just recently started flying in a Heavy (FH-200 Pirahna) so I don't feel I know enough to give you any definite tips on how to adjust flying-style for this class (much less that ship in particular); hopefully one of the other guys can fill in something more specific than "PEW PEW PEW WHEEEEE" Rolling Eyes

I've you've ever flown a FH-250, then you would know that this is all the advice you'll ever need. But you did forget. "Zoooooom Zoooooom Zooooom!!!11111one"
Nyxy
Nyxy

http://www.wix.com/nicholasderosa/homepage

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 am

Hey cripster, not sure if you want any advice, or that I'm the best person to give it, but from the little I saw tonight you need to work on a couple of things - (a) tapping the afterburner now & then, and (b) constantly changing direction. Flying at a steady speed in straight or gently curving lines = lots of dying ... keep at it you'll improve in no time!
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by cripster Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Thank you all for all the info, i know i fly straight, and i will start trying to move abit more, i'm not sure when is the best time to use my boost, that is something i'll practice over the next few days and see if i get better, my best last night was only 5 kills Crying or Very sad not good really. but working out my missiles was a plus.
cripster
cripster

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:29 pm

you should always keep some boost fuel to escape or outmaneuver a fast adversary a good tactic i use often is a short boost and then a sharp 180° turn then throw everything you have at them!, the speed of the initial boost alone will act as a natural brake augmenting the turn rate of your ship also some oponents will think that you are fleeing and would never expect that sudden counter attack move

EDIT:also if you are flying a heavier ship than your opponent's you should consider ramming as one of the best options, keep in mind your shields too as no matter if you are dogfighting a light fighter if your shields are low you or both are going to blow

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by cripster Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Not having a good day no kills yet Crying or Very sad but i'm a fighter i'll get there once i work out my keys and the best way for me to do things, do you know if they are going to setup a practice map, cos that would help alot?
cripster
cripster

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 pm

cripster wrote:Not having a good day no kills yet Crying or Very sad but i'm a fighter i'll get there once i work out my keys and the best way for me to do things, do you know if they are going to setup a practice map, cos that would help alot?

The Devs have said they're working on a practice map.

Think of drifting as strafing in an FPS and that'll help. Try drifting around your own carrier's turrets while shooting at them. They won't fire back and they are stationary, so it's good practice. If anybody asks what you're doing, just tell them you're practicing Smile
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 am

cripster wrote:Not having a good day no kills yet Crying or Very sad but i'm a fighter i'll get there once i work out my keys and the best way for me to do things, do you know if they are going to setup a practice map, cos that would help alot?

The server regions Australia, South America or South Asia are empty sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull 23 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

Welcome to the party, cripster!
Skull 23
Skull 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: