Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag

+7
jazzycat
juice
longshot
Cmdr. McBragg
Agent of Change
Nyxy
Self-Inflicted Wound
11 posters

Go down

Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag Empty Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag

Post by Self-Inflicted Wound Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 am

Just saw WJ's post about this site over on the official forums and decided to say hello and introduce myself. I've vaped and been vaped by most of the folks here and it has been a fun experience. Maybe I'll even dust off the mic and hit up the Vent channel. As many of you know, my Moon Breakers and overall gaming philosophy is heavily influenced by Vic "Mel" Tayback; "The best defense is a good offense". I play every game to win and I play with ruthless abandon. Hopefully, I haven't run off to many first timers. I started MB early in the first week of the Steam launch. I don't normally pay any attention to Free to Play games, but for whatever reason I decided to give MB a try. It didn't take long before I was hooked. I slowly started building credits and finally realized that the ships could actually be upgraded. After 2 weeks, I had the Mamba fully upgraded and became a CTF terror. Then, the Prestige lust started. I had to have the heavy hitters, so I went ahead and bought 2500 HE points for $13 and got the 7day/10x boost on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. For 5 days straight, MB was my life. (This is the shout out and apology to my loving and understanding wife for putting up with my gaming addictions). Over the course of those 7 days, I racked up over 350 games and over 100 million creds. Now that I've got everything unlocked I play a little after work and in the evening before turning in.

In case you're wondering, S-I-W isn't an emo reference. Back when I first started playing Counter Strike in the early days, I needed a new online handle as it was time to retire the old LP-MUD handle. Oh yeah, I'm getting old. Anyone else remember those MUD/MUSH/MUSE glory days? Anyway, I was a pretty decent player but could never get the handle of the grenades. I had a very bad habit of rushing the right Dust map entrance as CT and having the grenade bounce off the doorway and explode in my face. Thus, Self-Inflicted Wound was born. To this day, I charge hard into virtual battle, oblivious of the consequences.

[F8S] = Fates Minions. Joined somewhere between 10 and 15 years ago. Played competitively in CPL and other leagues in CS, BF1942, BF DC, and so on. Once a Minion, always a Minion. Awesome group of guys and gals.
[RKDS] = Rabid Koala Death Squad. Founded this as our local Austin, TX gaming clan around the same time.

BTW, any fellow RockBand junkies on 360 out there? Always looking for new band mates.

Self-Inflicted Wound

Back to top Go down

Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag Empty Re: Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag

Post by Nyxy Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 am

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you enjoy the game. I haven't seen you on before. What servers do you play on?

The vent crew is a lot of fun. They swear like drunken sailors though; which is highly appropriate if you ask me.
Nyxy
Nyxy

http://www.wix.com/nicholasderosa/homepage

Back to top Go down

Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag Empty Re: Self-Inflicted Wound is coming for your flag

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:42 am

Welcome to the club.

I'm seen you out there SiW, it's good to see you here.

Keep flying and i'll keeping hunting you.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmdr. McBragg Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 am

Self-Inflicted Wound wrote:
[RKDS] = Rabid Koala Death Squad. Founded this as our local Austin, TX gaming clan around the same time.

BTW, any fellow RockBand junkies on 360 out there? Always looking for new band mates.

Wow, what a coincidence! I'm an Austinite as well - send me a message maybe we can find a time to hook up somewhere.

Rockband? Oh yeah. And while playing with my kids is great, it would be nice to have a drummer who is older than 6. Very Happy

Welcome to the forums, and I personally have enjoyed flying with you (and against you) in game.

Watch your six!

Cmdr. McBragg
Cmdr. McBragg

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 am

Hey SiW, welcome aboard! I've seen you (and died at your hands) several times lately, looking forward to many more Smile
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by juice Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 pm

hi there

saw u a couple times..... u're a tricky one to catch

welcome =)
juice
juice

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Welcome aboard SiW! Glad to have another avid supporter of the game and giving 'em hell before they give it right back at ya; definitely drop by the Vent, and fair warning - yer ears shall be blistered Twisted Evil
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by SuPerKen Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:14 pm

LOL good to have you here, it was fun playing with you yesterday.
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:18 pm

welcome to the jungle, i believe we already met out there in rock fields and broken moon hehehe

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Welcome!
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull 23 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 am

Hi SiW!

See you in the the sky!
Skull 23
Skull 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down