Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I went to the naval aviation museum

+3
SuPerKen
Nyxy
hunter5991
7 posters

Go down

So I went to the naval aviation museum Empty So I went to the naval aviation museum

Post by hunter5991 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Well, I'm down here in sunny alabama, decided the naval aviation museum was just a stones throw away, and BOY was it worth it! It's funny how some of those carrier based planes resemble our beloved birds, and how tactics are very similar (watched a bunch of episodes of "dogfights" while I was there) but overall I had a good and educational time. I have some pictures I'll put up later once I'm home and can upload them (I return Saturday night) until then I shall continue to forum lurk with my phone. Also, I kicked tail in the simulator there (in the name of DMHS) and gave my copilot motion sickness, but we were top plane overall so him puking in the trash was a worthy sacrifice.

QUIS MORTIER PRIMUM VULT

hunter5991

Back to top Go down

So I went to the naval aviation museum Empty Re: So I went to the naval aviation museum

Post by Nyxy Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:11 pm

+1 for representing DMHS

Well done!
Nyxy
Nyxy

http://www.wix.com/nicholasderosa/homepage

Back to top Go down

So I went to the naval aviation museum Empty Re: So I went to the naval aviation museum

Post by SuPerKen Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:12 pm

ROCK ON!!! That's Awesome Hunter
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter5991 Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Yea, I'm a sucker for old military planes Smile we saw the blue angels practicing, all that fun stuff. Overall it was awesome!

hunter5991

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Awesome, i love that stuff,

My GF is pushing me to do another day trip to DC so i'm thinking about hitting up the Smithsonian Air & space in the near future. coudl be interesting in light of my most recent 'air' combat based obsession
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter5991 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Last time I was up in DC I went there as well, awesome place, I must say.

hunter5991

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:01 am

Also, I kicked tail in the simulator there (in the name of DMHS) and gave my copilot motion sickness, but we were top plane overall so him puking in the trash was a worthy sacrifice.

Well done Pilot! Yer a menace to society, kid! Very Happy

Sounds amazing, can't wait to see the pics!
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Man Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:43 am

Agent, Hunter, have you been to the udvar-hazy center near Dulles airport? It's run by the smithsonian and is an excellent place to visit. Basically a hanger full of planes. If you have seen the second transformers movie its where they find the blackbird. Also, they recently swapped out the enterprise for the discovery.

Grey Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Snubby Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:07 am

Well done Pilot! Yer a menace to society, kid!

LoL , Agreed
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:00 am

Grey Man wrote:Agent, Hunter, have you been to the udvar-hazy center near Dulles airport? It's run by the smithsonian and is an excellent place to visit. Basically a hanger full of planes. If you have seen the second transformers movie its where they find the blackbird. Also, they recently swapped out the enterprise for the discovery.

I have not thanks for the tip, i'll look into it. I have however been to the bone yard out in Arizona (I know it's in the Mojave Desert just where is what i can't remember) I think, while i was stationed out there. For you guys on the west coast it's a massive retirement field for decommissioned military aircraft, i'm not sure if it's still open to the public but it's pretty damn amazing to see those aircraft.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter5991 Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 pm

No pics of the simulator pownage, but the 2 of us (me flying with my co-pilot being the weapons officer person) swept ground targets in a simulated operation desert storm then dealt with aerial targets (flown by humans), ironically lessons from moon breakers helped, but I believe the best trick had to be the "long cork screw designed to make the other pilot lose his brekkars" Very Happy

hunter5991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum