Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Question

3 posters

Go down

Small Question Empty Small Question

Post by cripster Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi all can you tell me something please, yesterday i was playing a few games sometimes by myself, a player would join about half way and that team wins, when i had taken out most of the taunts and stuff.
cripster
cripster

http://www.artwheels.net

Back to top Go down

Small Question Empty Re: Small Question

Post by Loki Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:57 pm

cripster wrote:Hi all can you tell me something please, yesterday i was playing a few games sometimes by myself, a player would join about half way and that team wins, when i had taken out most of the taunts and stuff.

Hi Cripster,

There is no draw or tie condition at the end of the match; if neither team has the lead (as described below), as far as I know, the game picks a team and that team wins and the other loses. This means a difference of 500 bonus creds (500 for losing team, 1000 for winning team) and frustrated questions. Certain game types grant bonuses for specific actions (as below), though bounties apply as normal, though are earned for different things in different game types.

Carrier Assault; whoever's carrier has more health at the end wins, not whichever has more turrets left. Sometimes all it can take is 1 torpedo hit or some dedicated machine gun fire against the carrier itself.
Bonus creds are assigned for torpedo hits and time remaining on the clock when the carrier is destroyed. Bounties are gained for torpedo hits and destroying turrets, and enough consecutive player kills can eventually get you a bounty, though I think it's at twice the rate of S&D. Kills vs players & turrets don't mean anything for victory conditions.

Search and Destroy; it's most kills and that's all. Turrets and carrier health mean nothing except a few extra creds and slight tactical advantage. Bounties are assigned for player kills.
If you were in a S&D game by yourself and a new player joins, they can score a kill against you if they hit you once with a single bullet and get credit for your death if the carrier kills you (before your shields recharge). This can allow them to win, even if you ignore each other for the rest of the match.

Capture the Flag; all it takes is one more flag capture than you have and they win. Bounties are assigned for flag captures and killing the flag carrier. Kills vs players & turrets don't mean anything for victory conditions.

If you're practicing alone against turrets, I recommend vetoing the gametype and maptype until you get Carrier Assault on Broadsides; might as well earn some creds while you're practicing.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by cripster Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks Loki i understand now and yes i do the veto thing lol
cripster
cripster

http://www.artwheels.net

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Actually CTF just needs one more flag pickup, if the captures are equal.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down