Accessories

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Accessories

Post by Kackling Kobold on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

eh hem.

That gave me quite a chuckle that did...

I'd like to peruse the schematics for your plastic engine... could be onto something there.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 am

I had this wild idea of putting a ram scoop on my own rig, to suck in the ion trails of other ships in an effort to extend my A-80's pitiful boost capacity.

I brought it up with the techs, but they would have me believe that a ram scoop is a delicate piece of equipment, and reminded me that they spend an hour after each of my flights just scraping mamba parts out of the grill.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Vonstapler wrote:Now ya see, here's where my previous modifications come into play. My replacing nearly every metal part on my ship with plastic in order to reduce weight, not only did I weaken the ships structural integrity by about 45%, I also insulated the engine entirely. That bolt of electricity that strikes my ship does nothing more than scramble my instruments and char the paint, and really, have you seen me fly? I'm not using the instruments even when they do work.

LOL
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I applied to have an AI installed into my A-80 to help with firing solutions... the tech's told me it was too expensive so I dug around for one privately. I thought I'd found a pretty good one, but it turned out to be an augmented game AI for a fantasy sim Kobold.

So now "Scratch" is my co-pilot.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 pm

I don't know about what the techs think of my nighthawk after I bring it back... with or without bits of Merlin in the grill. But I do know my doctor says I should wear industrial strength sun screen because of Beam Cannon light over exposure. Bullshit, Beams never hurt anyone... well except the people they hit.
Hey' check out this wicked ass mole I've got on my neck, it's the third one that's popped up this week.
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:12 pm

The light exposure isn't the main danger of Ion cannons... ever notice that not one Nighthawk pilot has augs?

You think one of those fancy cyber eyes might help you hit with a nighthawk? well it might; once.

Meanwhile, what do you think that magnetic field is doing to your head. There's a reason 'lucidity' is not on the medic's checklist for nighthawk pilots.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vonstapler on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:25 pm

To be fair, each ship has it's fair share of brain damaging effects: Bomber pilots tend to experience multiple concussions per flight due to the "bomber bouncing" and sidewinder pilots... well, let's just say that Gforce induced brain hemorrhages aren't a pretty sight. Also, some of the older model singrays are still built with an an asbestos fire retardant layer. So if you fly one and end up with mesothelioma, just remember, you signed away your right to sue by flying the ship.
Vonstapler

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Eye's? I don't use my eyes when shooting, I use a complex system of dice rolls to determine my firing vector based on how many letters my targets name has, that seems reasonable right?
I'm not sure about all that ion stuff... but my piss has been glowing as of late, I though it was just the Martian import shroom vodka I've been drinking.
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:02 am

Maybe the martian shroom vodka pickles your bladder into the perfect filter for catching stray ions.

We should run a few tests, you may have just struck upon a solution for many of our fuel shortage woes. (pun intended)
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:03 am

Vonstapler wrote:To be fair, each ship has it's fair share of brain damaging effects: Bomber pilots tend to experience multiple concussions per flight due to the "bomber bouncing" and sidewinder pilots... well, let's just say that Gforce induced brain hemorrhages aren't a pretty sight. Also, some of the older model singrays are still built with an an asbestos fire retardant layer. So if you fly one and end up with mesothelioma, just remember, you signed away your right to sue by flying the ship.

If you fly a stingray and survive long enough for mesothelioma to be a concern, you've had a pretty damn good run.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:06 am

Xron wrote:I don't use my eyes when shooting, I use a complex system of dice rolls to determine my firing vector based on how many letters my targets name has, that seems reasonable right?

Very reasonable. I'm thinking about using tarot cards for target selection myself; scratch sure as hell aint getting the job done.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:50 am

I had this great idea for mounting a third missile launcher on my A-80, but when I went into the hangar the techs started throwing wrenches at me before I even said anything.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vonstapler on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:36 am

After playing some warhammer 40K, I've decided to paint my sidewinder bright red in the hopes that it will make it faster.
Vonstapler

Back to top Go down

Post by ratcharmer on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:22 am

Kackling Kobold wrote:I had this great idea for mounting a third missile launcher on my A-80, but when I went into the hangar the techs started throwing wrenches at me before I even said anything.

Who needs techs? This is exactly why I do all my ship upgrades myself.

P.S.-- does anyone know where the little tuning fork shaped thingy goes in a rapid cannon? The sergeant is really after me about having working guns on my G5 . . . next he'll tell me I should be able to turn my afterburner off . . .

ratcharmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 am

Vonstapler wrote:After playing some warhammer 40K, I've decided to paint my sidewinder bright red in the hopes that it will make it faster.

It might be wiser to paint it blue to make it luckier. In a sidewinder; you need all the luck you can get.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:12 am

In world war II, the first Kamikaze pilots were given a face to face sake toast with the emperor himself.

I think the least we can do for our mamba pilots, in irreverently similar spirit, would be to put a brothel in the carrier. Brought this up with the skipper and got KP duty for a month.

...and they wonder why pilots go cheap merc for the pirates.
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:11 am

maybe we could give the mamba pilot an achievement like shooting down a number of enemies or reaching a 1000 cred bounty, the reward for the achievement could be creds,he3 or an extra upgrade point in the upcoming update

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am

FoxHound wrote:Nothing fancy here, just an expired cab license and a Corbin-Dallas-Multipass.

Fifth Element?
You. Are. My. Hero.
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 am

Viking Jack wrote:marvin what did i told you last time about picking stray animals from chernobyl....

the last time was that chimp that got away and now its brainwashing the entire female teen population with that thing called pop music.

Justin Beiber is a chimp?

Somehow, that makes sooo much sense...
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

Vonstapler wrote:So I've decided to add just a little weight to my sidewinder, I've outfitted it with a 12 gallon tank of water and a mister that fires out the back. In the event that I can't evade a chaser I just vent a few gallons and the ice crystals tear the pursuing ship apart. Also, if I ever get thirsty mid missing, I have some drinking water within easy reach!

Why use water? You could 'do your business' into the tank, and when an enemy pops in behind you, voila! you can dump the equivalent of a septic tank into their intakes!

That would be tough to explain... "Why were you shot down?" "Some idiot decided to take a dump in my engines!" "In space? Wouldn't that cause them to freeze their @$$3$ off?"
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:19 am

Nightwing wrote:
Viking Jack wrote:marvin what did i told you last time about picking stray animals from chernobyl....

the last time was that chimp that got away and now its brainwashing the entire female teen population with that thing called pop music.

Justin Beiber is a chimp?

Somehow, that makes sooo much sense...

Sigh...that guy's hometown is about 20 min from my house...the local population is torn between dismembering him or worshiping him.
Loki
Admin

http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Brodur on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Well... all I could afford was an ejection seat, and boy has it saved my *** time and time again while ramming them pesky ace's. Thank you for the bount-KABLAM-pshhhhhhhhewwwwww-BANG-Ow....
Brodur

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 pm

well... you have to do some damage with weapons at most 30 seconds before you love-bump someones bounty... may as well get out onto the front of your ship, steering with brooms, mops and ropes like Mr. Bean riding a chair on top of his mini with an outstretched fist...

edit - now that i think of it... throw on 2 beam cannons and its pretty much my nighthawk to a tee.

Last edited by the-anger on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Brodur on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Meh, I much rather my method.
Ram.
Spin off randomly.
Fire ze guns! ALL OF THEM!
Brodur

Back to top Go down