Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing

5 posters

Go down

Marketing Empty Marketing

Post by SuPerKen Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:56 am

Hi all,

Do you love Moon Breakers?

Are you addicted like me?

Do you want to see the game progress?

ACT NOW!!!

In the marketing world there is a rule called "The Rule of Seven" Essentially, its word of mouth. It is estimated that on average, a person who is pleased with a product or service will talk to their acquaintances, friends, and loved ones about it. That they will pass it forward. So, what I'm proposing is simple. For the most part everyone here uses a social networking site like Facebook or Google+; if everyone here were to share information about the game to their contacts it may very well beef up sales for WJ and thus funding for the projects we all want. I would suggest that your post include information like:

• It's free to play;

• Playable through the Chrome browser;

• Playable through Free to Play in Steam;

• A short recommendation.

Thanks for reading my post, hopefully this helps WJ out a bit.

The goal is to get more gamers in here. The more gamers, the higher the possibility of them paying money, the more money, the more projects we'll see get done. So its pretty much a win/win for us gamers Very Happy

Happy Hunting,
SK
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Marketing Empty Re: Marketing

Post by longshot Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 am

Another idea (suggested by Snubby on vent a while back) is for some clans on MB to challenge other Steam gaming clans. For that to work though we'd need (a) clan matchmaking and (b) recording of game stats & some kind of ranking on the MB website, which is apparently not planned for the near future, more's the pity.

One thing that hurts this game (apart from the steep learning curve, the n00b unfriendliness of the default zoom/steering quirks, the limited maps/missions) is the meaninglessness of each mission. You're not accomplishing anything, your achievements aren't recorded, its all forgotten by the time the next game starts. Tracking stats and displaying rank ladders for individuals and clans would go a long way towards fixing that.

It seems I digress, but those are things that need to be done to give the game the depth and staying power it needs to attract a dedicated community that'll pay for content. As it is, it becomes rote and same-ish after a while and players drop away, meaning it needs to continually attract new blood just to stand still.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 am

You both make very good points, and I have been trying to bring new blood into the game, but the real issue I've run into is as great of a dogfighter as this is (learning curve notwithstanding) unless you are like us and getting something(s) extra out of it (Community, love of space games, ... kink?) you aren't gonna stick for very long past the skill plateau.

And even then the most dedicated are going to if not leave, take long breaks or split their attention between games because variety is the spice of life.

I will not stop playing or encouraging new players, but I'm gonna come out and say it more clearly than I have in the past:

THIS GAME IS DYING FOR WANT OF NEW FEATURES - WE NEED A SOCIAL STRUCTURE TO CODIFY WHAT THE COMMUNITY HAS ALREADY BUILT AND GIVE IT IN GAME MEANING, WE NEED (AND I MEAN NEED) NEW MAPS, NEW GAME TYPES WOULD BE GREAT TOO. THIS GAME NEEDS SOMETHING NEW AND QUICKLY.

I know WJ is working on some of this, and i know they are doing the best job they can under the circumstances. I KNOW that they are have dev issues due to monetary, personnel limitations, unfortunately i don't know what else I can do short of offer whatever assistance I can give.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by SuPerKen Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

longshot wrote:Another idea (suggested by Snubby on vent a while back) is for some clans on MB to challenge other Steam gaming clans. For that to work though we'd need (a) clan matchmaking and (b) recording of game stats & some kind of ranking on the MB website, which is apparently not planned for the near future, more's the pity.

One thing that hurts this game (apart from the steep learning curve, the n00b unfriendliness of the default zoom/steering quirks, the limited maps/missions) is the meaninglessness of each mission. You're not accomplishing anything, your achievements aren't recorded, its all forgotten by the time the next game starts. Tracking stats and displaying rank ladders for individuals and clans would go a long way towards fixing that.

It seems I digress, but those are things that need to be done to give the game the depth and staying power it needs to attract a dedicated community that'll pay for content. As it is, it becomes rote and same-ish after a while and players drop away, meaning it needs to continually attract new blood just to stand still.

Can't say I disagree, but unless I'm mistaken; the funds necessary to make this improvements is lacking. Therefore, we need more players. I for one won't be spending any money. I have all the ships. There's no point. But if we can get more players in here, WJ, will have a better chance of getting more development capital to make said changes.

You need money... to spend money... to make money... to need more money... to make more improvements... to make more money

Vicious cycle. All I'm asking is that the 200 or so players on this board shout out to their friends. Like I stated with the "Rule of 7"

200 X 7 = 1400 X 7 = 9800, etc...

WJ for the most part hasn't done much advertising. It might be prudent to get on some gaming sites. But again... need money.
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by SuPerKen Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:07 pm

You have good points too. I do believe you're right in stating:

Agent of Change wrote:THIS GAME IS DYING FOR WANT OF NEW FEATURES - WE NEED A SOCIAL STRUCTURE TO CODIFY WHAT THE COMMUNITY HAS ALREADY BUILT AND GIVE IT IN GAME MEANING, WE NEED (AND I MEAN NEED) NEW MAPS, NEW GAME TYPES WOULD BE GREAT TOO. THIS GAME NEEDS SOMETHING NEW AND QUICKLY.

But again, there was something about even the basics of this game that sucked us in. Hell, I've been playing for 5 months. The first two of those there were only two game modes and 9 ships. But I stayed. There are more people like that, people that will spend money.

So just send something in your Facebook every now and then. That's all I'm asking.
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Agent of Change wrote:You both make very good points, and I have been trying to bring new blood into the game, but the real issue I've run into is as great of a dogfighter as this is (learning curve notwithstanding) unless you are like us and getting something(s) extra out of it (Community, love of space games, ... kink?) you aren't gonna stick for very long past the skill plateau.

And even then the most dedicated are going to if not leave, take long breaks or split their attention between games because variety is the spice of life.

I will not stop playing or encouraging new players, but I'm gonna come out and say it more clearly than I have in the past:

THIS GAME IS DYING FOR WANT OF NEW FEATURES - WE NEED A SOCIAL STRUCTURE TO CODIFY WHAT THE COMMUNITY HAS ALREADY BUILT AND GIVE IT IN GAME MEANING, WE NEED (AND I MEAN NEED) NEW MAPS, NEW GAME TYPES WOULD BE GREAT TOO. THIS GAME NEEDS SOMETHING NEW AND QUICKLY.

I know WJ is working on some of this, and i know they are doing the best job they can under the circumstances. I KNOW that they are have dev issues due to monetary, personnel limitations, unfortunately i don't know what else I can do short of offer whatever assistance I can give.

+1 and also we should implement the ship art and make it only affordable with He3 with an option for art designers where they can upload their design for a bit more He3, look at TF2 with their hats and the valve workshop imagine something like that but in MB

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 pm

I don't want to get my friends into before the fixes (and balances) come in to stop them getting scared away by the almost vertical learning curve. On one hand I want to get this game more players, on the other I don't want to scare any of my friends away from it.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum