Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space...

+8
Twilight Sparkle™
Loki
KyNtampo
Agent of Change
longshot
Nyxy
Can-Swiss
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
12 posters

Go down

Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space... Empty Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space...

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:21 am

It's DJ Croissandwich, on 103.8FM, The Quasar, playing ALL your favorite HITS!

The Roar of the Engines, the Thrum of the metals hulls around you, chomping at the bit to eject from the hangar bay and hurl themselves at the enemy lines. The rush of combat and the thrill of victory. We here at 103.8FM wanna know what YOU, the brave men and women out there, listen to, to keep YOU, the Pilots, in the ZONE! Ready for action at a moment's notice!

AAAAAAAAAND it looks like we have our first caller! Coming in LIVE from the Broken Moon region, it's...

((So I'm a bit hopped up on sugar right now, and I felt like slipping into my DJ Persona. Basically, just post what music you like to listen to and when, IE: When playing S&D, or running the flag on CTF. Maybe what you prefer to listen to when you're dropping nuclear turds on Carriers. And hell! If you feel like it, keep up the Deep Space DJ theme going, I'll be taking your calls and playing your hits, All night...Or until the FCC slaps me with another citation for hosting poker tournaments in the studio, WHILE on the air.))
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space... Empty Re: Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space...

Post by Can-Swiss Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:36 am

Hmmm... Okay, most of the time, if there is music on, its usually Stevie Ray Vaughan, Supertramp, The Tragically Hip, or a Mix I have. But usually its podcasts playing here, or lately, Vent in my ears.

But, if I had my choice, here is what I would listen to:

S & D Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner

CTF Radar Love - Golden Earing

CA Fools Overture - Supertramp

I think Ride of the Valkyries is perfect for all three, but I like Variety.
Can-Swiss
Can-Swiss

Back to top Go down

Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space... Empty Re: Comin' at'cha LIVE from Deep Space...

Post by Nyxy Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 am

SD - Don't Stop Me Now - Queen

CTF - Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

CA - Rolling In My Sweet Baby's Arms - Buck Owens
Nyxy
Nyxy

http://www.wix.com/nicholasderosa/homepage

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:11 am

SD - Moonlight Shadow - Mike Oldfield

CTF - Walking on the Moon - Police

CA - Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 am

Normally I just listen to a looping 2.5 hour handpicked list of nerdcore consisting primarily of MC Chris (due to upbeatness) and occasionally (rarely) running through the songs of MLP:FiM or a Death Metal play list depending on mood.

But if there was a song I could just have keyed up to automatically play at the start of a given mode well, here ya go:

SD - Knee Deep in the shite - Devil Driver

CTF - Ain't nothing gonna hold me down - Men at Work

CA - Ride of Valkyries - Wagner

P.S. for those vent users who like music, if you turn up the incoming volume in vent (settings) turn the game volumes down (I have voices and music at 0% and sound effects at around 25%) and adjust your music volume so you can hear the vent chatter you should be able to hear the sound effects, chat on vent and hear the game all at once.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by KyNtampo Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:17 am

S&D = Metallica - Seek and Destroy (couldn't be diferent) / Infected Myshrooms - heavyweight / Disturbed - Indestructible / Some dubsteps fits very well for a light pilot, with drops and sudden changes of direction.

CTF = Die Happy - Supersonic speed

CA = honsestly, none special
KyNtampo
KyNtampo

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 am

Can-Swiss wrote:S & D Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner

I think Ride of the Valkyries is perfect for all three, but I like Variety.

Lol, I totally hadn't noticed this when i posted i just kinda skimmed the thread and decided to contribute. Great minds and all that though I feels it suits bombers best it is kinda on the nose. cheers
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am

I keep my Sound Effects up, music/voice is off/low, and Vent turned mid level so I can hear if anyone is trying to sneak up behind me.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm

I myself, have it broken into playlists, lol. Just some of the songs on each playlist:

CTF - Lines in the Wax (Flux Pavilion Ft. Foreign Beggars), Forever (Sevendust), Rectifier (Ra)

CA - Imperial March (Star Wars), Wretches and Kings[Only when playing on Pirates side] (Linkin Park), Focus (Jetplastica)

S&D - Solar Sailor - Pretty Lights Remix (Daft Punk), Breakin' a Sweat[I dive straight down on my target on the drop >:3] (Skrillex Ft. The Doors) Hell's Comin' With Me (Iris)

All three have a nice mix of themed songs, and depending on my changes in strategy mid-game, I'll switch playlists up to accommodate Very Happy
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle™ Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 am

Sometimes I like to turn off sound and make it realistic.

Cause in space, No one can your your 500mm machine gun.
Twilight Sparkle™
Twilight Sparkle™

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffjustis Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 pm

S&D Spitfire-The Prodigy or Breathe-The Prodigy

CTF Here I Go Again-Whitesnake

CA Rok It to The Moon-The Strangers (I think only I'm old enough to remember that one).

Ruffjustis
Ruffjustis

Back to top Go down

Post by Varia Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Twilight Sparkle™ wrote:Sometimes I like to turn off sound and make it realistic.

Wait wait! Wouldn't the sound vibrations carry through to the cockpit and allow you to hear the guns? Science check!

Also, pulled from my general Moonbreakers mix and stuck to the game in which I feel most inspired by the song....

S&D: 'Reach for the Sky', Social Distortion; 'Don't Stop Me Now', Queen; 'One More Time', Daft Punk
CA: 'Caramelldansen (Ryu Mix)', Supergott; 'Bulletproof', La roux
CTF: 'Supersonic', She; 'Airbrushed', Anamanaguchi
Varia
Varia

Back to top Go down

Post by ratcharmer Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am

Twilight Sparkle™ wrote:Sometimes I like to turn off sound and make it realistic.

I always assumed the ships had sensors that edited the sounds back in--after all a machine gun making machine gun noises would be a lot more intuitive to the pilot than a bunch of beeping noises or weird symbols on the HUD. This also explains why nuclear explosions are so quiet compared to everything else.

@Varia:
Sound would carry through to the cockpit from your guns & engines, but not from anyone else's. You would also hear extremely close explosions and things that hit your ship.

ratcharmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:45 am

I ripped this off youtube, works great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vC5TsSyNjU

Many other songs of that variety for MoonBreakers. Anything with Mechs I do AC/DC.
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle™ Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Varia wrote:

Wait wait! Wouldn't the sound vibrations carry through to the cockpit and allow you to hear the guns? Science check!

Anything that vibrates in your ship will make sound in the cockpit only. but since the game is in a third person perspective.....
Twilight Sparkle™
Twilight Sparkle™

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Twilight Sparkle™ wrote:
Anything that vibrates in your ship will make sound in the cockpit only. but since the game is in a third person perspective.....

So that's why it's so quiet out there while people burn around me.
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down