Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving Carriers!!

+2
Can-Swiss
Kayobot
6 posters

Go down

Moving Carriers!! Empty Moving Carriers!!

Post by Kayobot Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 am

I don't know how moving carriers would affect game play but it would be a novel idea. On broken moon I would like to see the capital ships in moving in orbit.

Kayobot

Back to top Go down

Moving Carriers!! Empty Re: Moving Carriers!!

Post by Can-Swiss Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:45 am

Ramming Speed! Brace for Impact!

Who let Can-Swiss on the bridge???

(This would save my Flight Crew repairing all that Rock Damage on my ships if the Carrier would take the whole thing out)

I still think you should be able to blast the rocks and break them causing them to drift and move. So it would be a combination of Defender, Missile Command and Asteroids.
Can-Swiss
Can-Swiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:56 am

Already been stated that this functionality will be added at some point.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Can-Swiss Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:03 am

Which? Carrier movement or Asteroid destruction?
Can-Swiss
Can-Swiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:06 am

Both have been discussed but if you look on the older posts in the userecho forum.

Ateroid destruction IIRC is less likely to be haoppenning but there were firm plans for carriers (and destroyers) to be moving once the destroyers had been implemented.

I don't know where that is right now but I do kinda feel this falls into the "Really cool features that would be awesome but need to wait" category. What we need first is social functionality, more maps and maybe a new game type.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyxy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:24 am

To my knowlege from chats with WJ, squads will be able to own their own carriers. There will eventually be open star systems that you can fly around in.

What I'm hoping for is a massive map that resembles the battle of Midway Island in WWII, where you have to search for the enemy fleet as it's very far away.

You can keep moving your ships, but the first one to find the enemy carrier has a huge advantage.
Nyxy
Nyxy

http://www.wix.com/nicholasderosa/homepage

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:33 am

I'd prefer the battle of the coral sea but only so long as we are on the allied side. Smile

But that is news I hadn't heard, and wow... how cool would that be.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 am

That would be pretty cool...I want to use AoC units to measure this, but are they linear or logarithmic?
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 am

Given that an AoC unit (c) is a measure of awesomeness in comparison to the relative awesomeness of one Agent of Change, I feel it is a logarithmic measurement. As it is not truly fixed and subject to the relative increases of Awesomeness of the source in comparison to the subject.

Being that Awesomeness may also be argued to be a subjective entity, as it is an abstract, we can assume that the value of an AoC (c) can vary based on the equation it is used in.

I would say moving carriers would rate at this point at least 1.3-2.1 AoC units (c).
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Varia Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Wait, I'm puzzled. How do I better quantify the amount of awesomeness inherit in a single AoC unit in a particular instance? ...Also, I demand a formula to convert AoC units to metric liquid volume units, then we can better discuss the matter.

I think it's probably the case that carriers moving around the broken moon would be worth more than 2.1 AoC units, though I suppose the value would increase if they added new maps before spicing up the existing ones.
Varia
Varia

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 am

Varia wrote:Wait, I'm puzzled. How do I better quantify the amount of awesomeness inherit in a single AoC unit in a particular instance? ...Also, I demand a formula to convert AoC units to metric liquid volume units, then we can better discuss the matter.

I think it's probably the case that carriers moving around the broken moon would be worth more than 2.1 AoC units, though I suppose the value would increase if they added new maps before spicing up the existing ones.

You could very well be right but you must always take into account the relative value of the AoC unit (c), as the relative amount of awesomeness represented by the AoC unit (c) fluctuates (upward obviously) a reverse inflation will tend to occur as something that was worth 2 Aoc units (c) previously is now worth only 1.5 as the AoC unit (c) itself represents a greater piece of the sublime essence of the universe that it previously did.

Now I suppose you could argue that the value of the things measured in AoC units (c) may also objective and subject to fluctuations as well. I am open to this idea and feel it deserves further consideration. I name you head of this committee you may pick your staff and report your findings as you have them. Your input is quite valued.

EDIT: upon furtehr consideration i have determined that the conversion of water measurement units would need to be of an amount to inspire awe or at least enough sufficient to drown me thereby absorb my awesomeness into itself and becoming the new source by which the awesomeness in an AoC unit (c) is determined. This volume of liquid is yet to be determined.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum