Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saitek X52

4 posters

Go down

Saitek X52 Empty Saitek X52

Post by Farce Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:20 pm

does any one use a joystick mapped to fly in the game... i used to fly alot in star wars galaxies... i miss using my saitek Sad.

never use the software though provided with the stick... games usually have the option for joystick or controllers..

Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Saitek X52 Empty Re: Saitek X52

Post by Loki Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Farce wrote:does any one use a joystick mapped to fly in the game... i used to fly alot in star wars galaxies... i miss using my saitek Sad.

never use the software though provided with the stick... games usually have the option for joystick or controllers..

There's currently no joystick support, though that's a common feature request. WJ has been working on it, along with everything else.

I don't see how a joystick would be much of an advantage, though; mouse seems far too fast and accurate to trade for anything else.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 pm

i prefer to have a throttle for speed rather than a scroll button or "w""s"
my fingers tend to trip over themselves when im trying to use the keyboard.. or i clicky when i was supposed to scrolly
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm

i can see joystick control working controlling the mouse cursor (at rest = centered). this will be horrendous to aim precisely with, idk if anyone else has tried joystick sniping... for flying it's great though.

for my own stuff i have been experimenting with dual joystick flight, but it won't work for this game (it would if you had L/R weapons & L/R secondary weapons, and if the guns aimed straight instead of to the mouse cursor)... shame too, because it's awesome having 4 degrees of control without any throttle switches or buttons (3 rotations + accel pedal).
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanity Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:59 am

Farce wrote:does any one use a joystick mapped to fly in the game... i used to fly alot in star wars galaxies... i miss using my saitek Sad.

I have one of those too... Saitek make a whole bunch of stuff, including the mouse (R.A.T. 9) and their v.5 keyboard. I love their stuff, but I haven't been able to map the joystick to the controls yet... Maybe if you make a custom setting for the joystick using their software..? I have no idea, but what I do know is that I love their products.

Vanity
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum