Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collisions

4 posters

Go down

Collisions Empty Collisions

Post by Ruffjustis Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Is there any chance that current red friendly/neutral collision indicators can be changed to green?
I'm sure that I'm not the only pilot who occaisionally bumps into the carrier when defending or into a ship on the same team.
It's a little confusing in the heat of battle when all those red indicators appear, as it also signifies that an enemy is at close
quarters with you.When you are in a dogfight and lose sight of your target and have to rely on those red things, a chance collision can
completely bugger it all up confused

Last edited by Ruffjustis on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : repetition on the word)
Ruffjustis
Ruffjustis

Back to top Go down

Collisions Empty Re: Collisions

Post by Viking Jack Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 pm

yeah thats true i hate when im a middle of a furball and some friend crashes against me then i follow the red indicator thinking that there is somebody shooting at me just to find nothing and get myself confused and killed

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:40 pm

i see your point... but i will point out the flaw in using damage indicators to judge where your opponent is...

if you lose sight of your target in a dogfight, they have the advantage - once they start shooting you can assume they will finish the job on that pass at you. in other words, you wont have time to react if you wait to take damage before being able to locate your opponent.

ideally you should be checking your surroundings every so often to avoid being blindsided (R for reverse camera helps a lot). if you lose sight of someone, try to guess where they are trying to go and start looking in that direction - if you charge at where you think they are now, your target will likely not be sitting still and will shortly be tailing you... all else fails, follow the ship trails in the direction where the trail is brighter.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffjustis Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 pm

I follow all of those points for sure but the very first thing I see are a mass of red collision/enemy close by indicators...they are mainly the first thing I use for either evasion or persuit until I can get a visual on an enemy or a red trail.
Ruffjustis
Ruffjustis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

I couldn't help but notice that alot of people are saying that 'F' is zoom, and 'R' is look back...
Don't people know how to reassign hotkeys?
My keys are 'Q' for zoom, and 'E' for lookback... It makes it easier for me to press them in flight... (I use the wasd/mouse control scheme... 'A' and 'D' to bank left and right, respectively; 'W' and 'S' to speed up and slow down, respectively; and mouse to move, with the wheel being used as an alternate throttle...)
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:24 am

easier is subjective. from my pov...

for one, you shouldnt need A/D when zooming in; if you find you need to then you're already in a risky position. same goes for reverse - i just cannot see the use in banking when looking backwards other than purposefully disorienting yourself. thats why i left the keys as is. if i could map anything to Q and E, it would be look left-right keys (fyi try using arrow keys, page up and down)
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:56 pm

You misunderstood me. I said that I use w and s for throttle, a and d for roll, and q and e for lookback and zoom,respectively.
Your comment about me looking backwards while banking/turning makes no sense to me...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum