Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the part where I tell you stuff...

+16
Complex lain
Twilight Sparkleā„¢
Deviant Saint
Skull 23
Snubby
Cmdr. McBragg
Grey Man
jazzycat
X
Agent of Change
longshot
Nyxy
Bif
SuPerKen
Ferc Polo
Loki
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is the part where I tell you stuff... Empty This is the part where I tell you stuff...

Post by Loki Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:30 am

Hi all,
Started playing MoonBreakers on Chrome back in January and within a week, it was the only game I was playing. I was assigned a bizarre call-sign (Count Neural) and I got killed a lot by some guys named Xyz, Lord Static, Grim Reaper, hizzleShizzle, and many others. But I was grinning about it the whole damn time; this was the most fun I'd had in a game since TIE Fighter!

I soon learned that Lord Static was pretty chatty in the lobby, so I started asking questions. He and Xyz sent me the Ventrillo info, and that was when I discovered that Lord Static was even MORE chatty in Vent. Xzy (now X) taught me how to drift turn and suddenly I was scoring half again as many kills. Then double. After slogging through 45 or so unboosted levels in a Mamba, I decided to pay the IMBA team some money for all the fun I'd been having at their expense and bought enough He3 for a Cobra. Then I doubled my kill count again. I still got squashed again and again vs X or Static, but I was getting better against everyone else.

One night, I managed to evade (pronounced "run away from") Lord Static and half his team for about 90 seconds. We were on Vent, and he didn't realize it was me that he was chasing. As the chase wore on, he shouted "Who is this tricky mother f*cker!?" And that was when I decided to spend some creds on a name change to someone who is truly a tricky bastard: Loki. Hope I'm living up to the name!

You can usually find me on the US East/West or Euro West servers from 6-7:30 EST. Playing on a weeknight depends largely on my wife's shift-work schedule, so I won't often be online in evenings.

I live in Kitchener, Ontario (that's in Canada, folks). I've got a wife and an awesome toddler son (Tycho) who is about to has become a big brother to Sonya (born at the end of June!). I work in the digital projection industry where I help bring digital cinema projectors to the market. It's a fantastic place to work and the people there are pretty awesome.

Hobbies are playing MoonBreakers, responding to userecho & Steam posts about MoonBreakers, moderating the unofficial player forum for MoonBreakers, and chatting in Ventrilo while playing MoonBreakers. I used to do other stuff, but it's been a while...

Ask me in-game stuff here

Ships Owned: (listed in order of purchase) As you can see, I'm running out of options...
F-3 Mamba
B-7 Rhino
M3 Cobra - purchased with He-3 <- for reference, this is Feb 2012 and I'm level 45
*2 and months and 1 Cred Boost pass*
V-66 Viper (for 2.2 million creds)
B-10T Timberwolf
FH-200 Piranha (for 1.6 million creds)
X99 Merlin - purchased after cred reduction for 1 million
M10 Krait
F-3X Sidewinder
G5 Kingfisher - purchased through Steam DLC so Steam would recognize me as a real person
FH-100 Hammerhead
FM-25 Nighthawk
FH-90 Stingray
FH-250 Swordfish <- Oct 2012, Level 300+
B-10G Grizzly
B-10X Panther
H-4B Bison <- Feb 2013

All ships are fully upgraded.

Last edited by Loki on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated ships...)
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

This is the part where I tell you stuff... Empty Re: This is the part where I tell you stuff...

Post by Ferc Polo Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 am

It's always a pleasure to play and chat with you, Loki!
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

This is the part where I tell you stuff... Empty Re: This is the part where I tell you stuff...

Post by SuPerKen Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Awesome Loki... I feel that way too about Moon Breakers
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bif Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks for the background, Loki. Just one thing...which state is Canada in? I don't think it's in New Jersey.

Bif

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Bif wrote:Thanks for the background, Loki. Just one thing...which state is Canada in? I don't think it's in New Jersey.
The one south of Alaska...
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bif Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Loki wrote:
Bif wrote:Thanks for the background, Loki. Just one thing...which state is Canada in? I don't think it's in New Jersey.

I'll just google it =) Anyway, welcome. Obviously, you're a great player and a fun opponent, due in no small part to the fact that you're a slippery devil!

Bif

Back to top Go down

Post by SuPerKen Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Loki wrote:

Ah yes... Canada, the 51st state.

SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 pm

[TP] SuPerKen wrote:
Loki wrote:

Such a lovely hat it is.
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Ferc Polo wrote:
[TP] SuPerKen wrote:
Loki wrote:

Such a lovely hat it is.

Lol only just saw this one now. And I always thought Alaska made a nice hat. Maybe one of those furry ones that cover your ears...or the little fez-type they put on circus bears...
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Alaska is clearly Canada's mitten.
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyxy Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Ferc Polo wrote:Alaska is clearly Canada's mitten.

We only have one. England should have tied the other mitten to it with yarn. England is going to ground us when we come home with only one mitten.
Nyxy
Nyxy

http://www.wix.com/nicholasderosa/homepage

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:57 pm

I thought Greenland was the other one?
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:13 pm

Greenland is the lost mitten.
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am

Loki will be away for a little bit looking after his new daughter, Sonya. Will upload some pics soon Smile
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Congrats!

Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by X Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Loki wrote:Loki will be away for a little bit looking after his new daughter, Sonya. Will upload some pics soon Smile
C O N G R A T Z ! ! !
X
X
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Congratulations! Very Happy
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Man Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Congratulations Loki!

Grey Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmdr. McBragg Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

Sweet! A new recruit! Welcome to the world Sonya!

Where do we send the My Little Ponies ? Smile
Cmdr. McBragg
Cmdr. McBragg

Back to top Go down

Post by Snubby Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 am

Loki wrote:Loki will be away for a little bit looking after his new daughter, Sonya. Will upload some pics soon Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Like a Star @ heaven bounce cheers flower
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull 23 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:34 am

Congrats, Loki!

Your dodging skills will come in handy during diaper changing.
Skull 23
Skull 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Sonya. Born June 27, 2:16am EST, 7lbs, 10oz. She's awesome Smile

This is the part where I tell you stuff... Img_0414
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SuPerKen Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Awesome Dude... She'll wrap you around her little finger in no time. Very Happy
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 pm

SuPerKen wrote:Awesome Dude... She'll wrap you around her little finger in no time. Very Happy

Good thing I'm not having any more kids; my son already did that and I don't think I'll stretch in many more directions Wink
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:00 pm

WOW~! CONGRATS!!!
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum