Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers

5 posters

Go down

How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers Empty How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers

Post by Loki Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:40 pm

From a Userecho post by Elf_Warl0rd;

You'll need 2 programms for this. Joystick 2 Mouse and Joystick -> Mouse.

After you install both programms you can run Joystick 2 Mouse to assing your buttons to specific mouse or keyboard actions.

Run Joystick -> Mouse and get ready to play.

The Button 3 will On and Off the Joystick -> Mouse programm while running it. Dont forget to assign this button on NONE on Joystick 2 Mouse programm.

Place the "Invert the Y axis" on Enable in game controls configuration.
I couldn't play otherwise.

Have Fun.

Be free to redirect this message to other forums.

Elf_W4rl0rd out.

Last edited by longshot on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sticky)
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers Empty Re: How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers

Post by the-anger Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm

aiming with mouse is 500% more accurate in general than joystick... to each their own i guess...

anyone try these programs before and is able to say if it can do composite / arbitrary mappings?

eg, i have built a couple experimental (read: prototype/unusable by anyone except with the source code and identical h/w) flight sims that rely on 2 logitech attack 3 joysticks working in conjunction with one another. amongst other cool tricks, i combined the standard 2 axis from each to form 4 composite axis - 3 rotations + 1 acceleration. i would like to port some of that control style to moonbreakers just because the controls are meant for this type of game...

the 'controls' themselves looked like this (i had other mappings but this felt the most comfortable):
Forward/Backward = both J's forward/back
Roll Left/Right = both J's to either side
Yaw Left = left J back, right J forward
Yaw Right = reverse of yaw left
Pitch Up = left J right, right J left
Pitch Down = reverse of pitch up

the controls are simply linear sums of the L/R Js' axis, so having just the left J forward would accelerate you and turn to the right, and everything in between.

long story short, 4 axis at the ready, 4 degrees of movement in MB... one joystick is possible by mapping it into the mouse... can it be done with 2 joysticks? if it can, i want to try this...

(edit - it can according to the program description, up to 16 joysticks with custom and/or predefined mappings. will try this out and post the results...)
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers Empty Re: How to Use a Joystick for Moon Breakers

Post by Loki Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 am

Sounds very cool. Can you make a video (or have you already?) to show off the hardware?

I haven't tried these programs out, since I agree that using a flightstick would be considerably less efficient than the mouse. This is the same controller vs keyboard + mouse argument as found in FPS games. (I recall being thrilled as a kid when I realized I could remap my default Turn L/R with Strafe L/R)
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 am

tried it the other day with just one joystick... lets just say that unless you are running a game in full screen these programs are a waste of time for moonbreakers.

ps - you cannot run MB fullscreen since the title bar takes up some v-space. on my lappy, i keep the start menu to the side as it is to make some room on vertically starved HD LCD screens... good try but wont work lol...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 pm

You can run MB in fullscreen. Here's an AHK script that I wrote a while ago that toggles MB between fullscreen and windowed modes:

Code:
^!d::
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
WinSet, style, ^0xC40000, ahk_class MainWClass
WinMove, ahk_class MainWClass,, 0, 0, %A_ScreenWidth%, %A_ScreenHeight%
return

It stops that annoying habit of resizing the window or opening a context menu in the middle of a dogfight.
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Jiel wrote:You can run MB in fullscreen. Here's an AHK script that I wrote a while ago that toggles MB between fullscreen and windowed modes:

Code:
^!d::
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
WinSet, style, ^0xC40000, ahk_class MainWClass
WinMove, ahk_class MainWClass,, 0, 0, %A_ScreenWidth%, %A_ScreenHeight%
return

It stops that annoying habit of resizing the window or opening a context menu in the middle of a dogfight.

Cool. Trouble is...I don't actually know what to do with this...
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:25 am

Oh. First get AHK at http://www.autohotkey.com/
Then add that block to AutoHotKey.ahk and reload the script.
The hotkey that toggles it is Ctrl + Alt + D

Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by MFD Suraj ITA Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 pm

is there a way to make this avalailable to everyone whithout everyone do it manually by self ?

MFD Suraj ITA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes, but it's not a good idea to run executables that random people on the internet hand out.

Lazy people might find this of some use:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5c7gr9sehb6kf4e
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by MFD Suraj ITA Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:56 am

i have no idea of what is good or bad ideas around exe to hand , but in case i will think i will be able to learn something of coding i will sure add a spare time to mediafire too lol ^^

MFD Suraj ITA

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Sun May 05, 2013 9:05 pm

The game possibly could work well with a joystick, but not in its current form. What it needs is for the cursor to automatically centre with some degree of smoothness when the joystick returns to mid. As it is now, if you turn with the stick you must then move it the other way to get the cursor back in the middle & make the ship fly straight, which is extremely difficult.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down