Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

upgrades in general

2 posters

Go down

upgrades in general Empty upgrades in general

Post by eltazar Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am

I have an idea - to divide upgrade screen to two separate tabs.

1) the upgrades of the ships remains the same, but it should be done as a typical tree structure, where you need to select between, f.e. shielding vs. top speed and weapon dmg vs heating (resp. cooling - this one REALLY should be added soon). one selection will disable the other, so no two ship (in general) would have the same upgrades. this will increase the diversity of the same ships a lot.
also, after Tier 5 upgrade, there could be some speciality for those who achieve T5. for each upgrade there could be about 3 different specials you have to chose between and that allows you to use it in combat with 3 min cooldown, triggered by one button, f.e.:

shielding
a) immediately (lets say up to 5 sec) full shield renewal b) 5 sec invulnerability c) shield explosion (shield decrease to zero but a huge AOE blast in surrounding area)
weaponry
a) 20 sec auto-aiming for main weapons b) 100% increased dmg for 5 sec c) additional 15% to the base dmg.

and so on.

2) together with current upgrades, I would like to see some other possible upgrades in firearms, also with a tree of skills you have to chose:

- a little shake to the MG/cannon fire trajectory. it could help in close-range combat, but decreasing usage for long-distance combat
- upgrade a rocket damage, but decreasing their speed / vice versa
- add a switch to a "shotgun" type of shooting with MG/cannon (one shoot with all the bullets up to the heat cap in shotgun style - decreased shooting range, increased dmg at close range)
- change a rocket to the "missile swarm" of less effective mini rockets (instead of 1 rocket fire 5-10 small rocket one after another)
etc.

there could be invented a lot of different changes in the firearms so the diversity will raise again. and with the specials after reaching T5, of course Smile

For the last, but not least - I would very welcome to have a graphic difference in the ships based on its upgrade level. After hours of playing (and dying) you know the names of your opponents, but this could help to the new guys to identify danger and avoid it.

there have to be a lot of thinking and balancing this, but step 1) I suppose could be done really quickly. step 2) I see its a little bit difficult to thing about all the stuff but it is not impossible Smile

any ideas welcome Smile

eltazar

Back to top Go down

upgrades in general Empty Re: upgrades in general

Post by Loki Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi El Tazar,
These are some great ideas.

Not to discourage you, but we haven't heard from the devs in a couple months now. We've given them all kinds of feedback and they're usually really receptive and respond within a couple days to say "it's on the list." But lately, just a lot of silence. We're...kinda sad about it.

Under the General Discussion section, have a look at the Moon Breakers Outlook threads.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by eltazar Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am

ok that's a bad news, sorry, I did not read whole forum at the first time.

eltazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 am

No worries; there's a lot to absorb here. It's kinda sad, but there's some hope still.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down