Space Atheist

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Space Atheist

Post by Space Atheist on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:06 pm

hey there
i'm space atheist. i've been in this game for a while...i started on a mac on chrome and got the name "lethal prophet". sounded good, but i never really was lethal to anybody. some weeks ago, after the installation of parallels on my mac book pro i finally could connect to steam, get my own name... and play on windows xp pro. it's much better to play and the graphics seem somehow more vivid, the gameplay is much more consistent. this is when i started to earn some lethality Smile

i'm not a very regular player...i DO have a life that needs much of my attention; a real family in switzerland, a wife, two kids, three dogs, some more animals and a demanding job in education. and then, if i ever find time...music...soulfly, system of a down, bach, pink floyd, hardstyle and i produce some electronic music too in funny collaborations.
the last time before Moonbreakers i regularely played was long ago, on my commodore vic-20, c=64, phillips G-7000...do you still know these machines? as you can guess now i'm probably one the oldest players here...born shortly after the moon landing. if you're older just tell me, you'd make me a very happy man!

when i discovered moonbreakers it was like a dream coming true: just the experience speeding off the carrier and flying around asteroids and spaceships was so much the dreams of my early years coming true i totally knocked me off...when i was a kid, i've sucked in every single original startrek, moonbase alpha 1, battlestar galactica episode, even "orion", this really influenced the way my brain developed i guess. and i started to programm my own games on the vic-20 with basic and assembler....this probably came from my antipathy to sports and drugs of any kind.

i now own the FX-3 (my fav), the M-10 (i don't like), the G-5 (the most fun for busting turrets), the FH-90 (the most beautifully designed ship i think) and the FH-100 (sounds best!), all earned with my own creds. i think i'm a very loyal player, not interested in just getting creds, so i don't mind defending carriers with my FH-90, hurting ships for co-players to kill 'em. busting turrets with my G-5 is my moment of relaxation after work, when the last student left the room. makes my head clear for new real life stuff. though the moon breakers-universe has some reallive aspects too to me Smile

i'm a very bad dogfighter against any kind of fighters. i probably should do better at level 145, but who cares, the reapers love to kill me. so let them have fun and earn credits.
and i have a short video where i'm stuck between the walls of a carrier...no idea how i got in. don't know if anybody's interested, i can upload if you like.

btw. i like the people on moonbreakers. they're fighting hard but they're always helpful, peaceful and kind....except maybe ponto, who thinks everybody is an ******. i guess you will have more of the aggressive kind on black ops forums and such stuff.

looking forward to meeting you in space, hopefully in your F-3 Wink
Space Atheist

btw. what music do you listen when playing? the best match i got a while ago was Protectors (Vocal Edit) by RObert G, followed by Slayer - Americon

avatar
Space Atheist

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by the-anger on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm

hey man, welcome!
im not older, but some here are Wink

i tend not to listen to music much when playing, and when i am it's on shuffle on all my stuff... but for warming up im often listening to either of these:
The Aleph - Lazarus
Yngwie Malmsteen - The Sails of Charon
Pale 3 - (anything really, its all appropriate)
avatar
the-anger

Posts : 1247
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 27
Location : Australia (+10 GMT)

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Loki on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I remember Lethal Prophet more than Space Atheist Smile
Thanks for finally introducing yourself.
avatar
Loki
Admin

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2012-06-03
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Nostromo on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 pm

I love the 3X, and fly rocking to some electronica tunes. Current fav right now is a one hour loop of a song called "Rainbow Factory" - Orig. by WoodenToaster. A lot of the meaning of the song is lost if you aren't really into MLP, but I still think the weight from the beats makes up for it to most people.
avatar
Nostromo

Posts : 500
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 27
Location : USA East

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Birillo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 am

Welcome to the forum Space Atheist (Lethal Prophet)

Space Atheist wrote:i'm probably one the oldest players here...born shortly after the moon landing. if you're older just tell me, you'd make me a very happy man!
tongue Laughing

Space Atheist wrote: the reapers love to kill me. so let them have fun and earn credits.

now I'll attack a memo with your name on the dashboard of my F3. Laughing


Space Atheist wrote: looking forward to meeting you in space, hopefully in your F-3 Wink
Space Atheist

I'll see you in game Smile
avatar
Birillo

Posts : 194
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 48
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Adama on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:11 am

Hello Atheist! Smile

Nice to meet you here too. I also remember you as Lethal Prophet. Smile

Im so happy though, that the reapers are mentioned in more and more posts. Smile We love to kill everybody, and we are honoured when beeing hunted by the others! Smile

Come and play a lot! Tha company here is getting better and better. For me, at least. Smile I have never seen a game, where so many good ppl are joined together Smile
avatar
Adama

Posts : 471
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : Debrecen, Hungary

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by MJ on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 am

I also grew up on a lot of bad special effects sci-fi TV, and loved it. As someone who is also entering their pre-geezer years, welcome.
avatar
MJ

Posts : 168
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 46
Location : Elkhart, Indiana

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by juice on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:59 pm

i remember the name lethal prophet .... welcome back

i was wire saint back in the day
avatar
juice

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 35
Location : vancouver, canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Space Atheist on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:16 pm

wow...so we're a bunch of old guys here from all around the world! nice to finally know more about you after all i got was missiles and bullets so far Smile

i'm training to be a better fighter and maybe one day there's no more need for attaching memos to remember my name... Wink

thanks for your replies and cu soon in space!
avatar
Space Atheist

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Abstractness on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 pm

You programmed small space shooters ? We're currently building a new 3d-space shooter. Ask the-anger if he can add you to the group. Btw I'm also a swiss atheist.
avatar
Abstractness

Posts : 470
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 26
Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Loki on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Atheist, check out the Moon Breakers Outlook section under General Discussion.

Also, I've always thought it was amusing that Atheist could become "a theist" if you change the pronunciation cadence a touch Smile

Also also, Abstractness used to be Agent Ghost if you remember back that far, and I was Count Neural.
avatar
Loki
Admin

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2012-06-03
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Nutz on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Hello there. We have met a few times. I believe the term your looking for is "mature players Razz "
avatar
Nutz

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 43
Location : Virginia

http://www.segtechsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Space Atheist on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

the-anger wrote:
The Aleph - Lazarus
Yngwie Malmsteen - The Sails of Charon
Pale 3 - (anything really, its all appropriate)

unusual sounds you're listening too...didn't even realize malmsteen was still alive... Shocked

Nostromo_Crew wrote:Current fav right now is a one hour loop of a song called "Rainbow Factory" - Orig. by WoodenToaster. A lot of the meaning of the song is lost if you aren't really into MLP, but I still think the weight from the beats makes up for it to most people.

never heard of it before, just about to listening to it...intriguing mixture of styles. whats MLP? My Little Pony??? Very Happy

avatar
Space Atheist

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Space Atheist on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 am

Abstractness wrote:You programmed small space shooters ? We're currently building a new 3d-space shooter. Ask the-anger if he can add you to the group. Btw I'm also a swiss atheist.

i made a submarine shooter, a ascii-graphics adventure and an space-caves-rescue game with some simple gravity effects...well that was about 30 years ago. so i wouldn't be of any help if it comes to programming. but i would love to participate my music and special-sounds. and i can contribute some conceptual drawings of spaceships, though these would be rather the hallucinogene design type.... see below... Smile

it's hard to accept this game is about to go down....

a friend and me are starting a retro technology convention in zurich on february 13th. geek stuff, so to say. let me know if you're interested! we're 3 know and we plan to build a museum in 10 years Wink




avatar
Space Atheist

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Drummerman on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Space Atheist wrote:





Whoa!!! Imo that would fit a race PERFECTLY in the game were making!!! I'm not sure how much I can say, so just talk to Anger about it, he'll know which race I am talking about...

Drummerman

Posts : 221
Join date : 2012-08-26
Location : usa

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Vanity on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Space Atheist wrote:hey there
i'm space atheist. i've been in this game for a while...i started on a mac on chrome and got the name "lethal prophet". sounded good, but i never really was lethal to anybody. some weeks ago, after the installation of parallels on my mac book pro i finally could connect to steam, get my own name... and play on windows xp pro. it's much better to play and the graphics seem somehow more vivid, the gameplay is much more consistent. this is when i started to earn some lethality Smile

i'm not a very regular player...i DO have a life that needs much of my attention; a real family in switzerland, a wife, two kids, three dogs, some more animals and a demanding job in education. and then, if i ever find time...music...soulfly, system of a down, bach, pink floyd, hardstyle and i produce some electronic music too in funny collaborations.
the last time before Moonbreakers i regularely played was long ago, on my commodore vic-20, c=64, phillips G-7000...do you still know these machines? as you can guess now i'm probably one the oldest players here...born shortly after the moon landing. if you're older just tell me, you'd make me a very happy man!

when i discovered moonbreakers it was like a dream coming true: just the experience speeding off the carrier and flying around asteroids and spaceships was so much the dreams of my early years coming true i totally knocked me off...when i was a kid, i've sucked in every single original startrek, moonbase alpha 1, battlestar galactica episode, even "orion", this really influenced the way my brain developed i guess. and i started to programm my own games on the vic-20 with basic and assembler....this probably came from my antipathy to sports and drugs of any kind.

i now own the FX-3 (my fav), the M-10 (i don't like), the G-5 (the most fun for busting turrets), the FH-90 (the most beautifully designed ship i think) and the FH-100 (sounds best!), all earned with my own creds. i think i'm a very loyal player, not interested in just getting creds, so i don't mind defending carriers with my FH-90, hurting ships for co-players to kill 'em. busting turrets with my G-5 is my moment of relaxation after work, when the last student left the room. makes my head clear for new real life stuff. though the moon breakers-universe has some reallive aspects too to me Smile

i'm a very bad dogfighter against any kind of fighters. i probably should do better at level 145, but who cares, the reapers love to kill me. so let them have fun and earn credits.
and i have a short video where i'm stuck between the walls of a carrier...no idea how i got in. don't know if anybody's interested, i can upload if you like.

btw. i like the people on moonbreakers. they're fighting hard but they're always helpful, peaceful and kind....except maybe ponto, who thinks everybody is an ******. i guess you will have more of the aggressive kind on black ops forums and such stuff.

looking forward to meeting you in space, hopefully in your F-3 Wink
Space Atheist

btw. what music do you listen when playing? the best match i got a while ago was Protectors (Vocal Edit) by RObert G, followed by Slayer - Americon


OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! YOU LIKE SOULFLY!!! I count you in as one of the family members mate. Wink hahaha you have good taste in both music and games. Razz

When I play games I listen to Two Steps From Hell... They make epic music for movies and games. I generally put Heart of Courage on repeat. Razz Or put on a three hour mix (if I'm not rambling away on ventrilo).

Nice to see you join the community!

See ya round in-game sometime. Smile

Vanity
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Vanity on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Oh and don't worry about the reapers. They're damn fine pilots. Razz I have trouble fighting them and I've been around since the chrome age. Very Happy
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Adama on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:23 am

I listen to dis musik:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZQ-HTOtNxg

Very Happy
avatar
Adama

Posts : 471
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : Debrecen, Hungary

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Vanity on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:28 am

Adama wrote:I listen to dis musik:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZQ-HTOtNxg

Very Happy
Oh. My. God. That is so true. Wink But you should use the ten hour version when you're playing games. Razz
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Adama on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:51 am

Hehe. Smile I love that too! Very Happy It is a bit different from the short version i think. Smile

But.... I like listening CarbonFools (Hungarian band, i think they have a place internationally too...Very goooood. Smile ) and i especially like listening to that New Lands thing remixed by A-Track. Smile
avatar
Adama

Posts : 471
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : Debrecen, Hungary

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Abstractness on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 am

Space Atheist wrote:a friend and me are starting a retro technology convention in Zurich on february 13th. geek stuff, so to say. let me know if you're interested! we're 3 know and we plan to build a museum in 10 years Wink
Will it be in Zurich at the technologic University ETH I'm studing at ?
avatar
Abstractness

Posts : 470
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 26
Location : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Vanity on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:30 am

Abstractness wrote:
Space Atheist wrote:a friend and me are starting a retro technology convention in Zurich on february 13th. geek stuff, so to say. let me know if you're interested! we're 3 know and we plan to build a museum in 10 years Wink
Will it be in Zurich at the technologic University ETH I'm studing at ?

That would be epic. Very Happy
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Space Atheist on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Adama wrote:I listen to dis musik:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZQ-HTOtNxg

Very Happy

if you really listen to this while playing and still you're such a good pilot i stop being an atheist!!!

Abstractness wrote:
Space Atheist wrote:a friend and me are starting a retro technology convention in Zurich on february 13th. geek stuff, so to say. let me know if you're interested! we're 3 know and we plan to build a museum in 10 years Wink
Will it be in Zurich at the technologic University ETH I'm studing at ?

oh...no, we're just friends who want to talk about nostalgic technical stuff and meet with others alike... it will be in a small bar where you can drink, smoke and talk in z├╝rich oberland. send me a pm if you want to join as member #4 Smile
we both own some stuff from the 80s like game&watch nintendos, commodore computers and such stuff we suffer of loneliness of interest in our society. so we joined Smile
avatar
Space Atheist

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Space Atheist on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Drummerman wrote:
Space Atheist wrote:





Whoa!!! Imo that would fit a race PERFECTLY in the game were making!!! I'm not sure how much I can say, so just talk to Anger about it, he'll know which race I am talking about...

hey drummerman, i remember we met in a game and talked about drumming!
cool, i'm going to write to him. i'd be happy to support this project!!! Very Happy
avatar
Space Atheist

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-10-31
Location : switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Vanity on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 pm

pm'd you btw Space Atheist.
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Space Atheist

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum