Settings: High

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Settings: High

Post by the-anger on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:22 am

if you have ever wondered why high settings lag the ever loving bageezus out of your 1 or 2 year old gaming machine, i suggest you look at your CPU...

games like skyrim and mech warrior online push my CPU (3930K) and GPU (GTX660Ti) quite hard. moonbreakers' CPU usage rivals these games on high (im not yet certain but possibly harder), but the graphics card may as well be on-board vga as far as MB is concerned... if it uses shaders, it isn't using them well or theyre written very very badly... despite using HW acceleration it seems moonbreakers needs a lot of CPU time for those fancy graphics, which i have to conclude means it is doing framebuffer copies to work with the raw data via CPU, which is about as smart as software-mixing every sound in a game yourself into one output buffer to save on resources when you just bought yourself a $200 sound card... idiotic lol...

so... unless you have a quad-core or above, expect high settings to work as well as running super-pi behind every other game you play.
avatar
the-anger

Posts : 1247
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 27
Location : Australia (+10 GMT)

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Shade on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 am

I only have an i3 and high settings runs fine without lag for me and barely heats my gpu or cpu. Though to be quite honest I do not notice much difference between high and med.
avatar
Shade

Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-07-09
Age : 25
Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Loki on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 am

Biggest difference that I can see between medium and high is more light bloom and sunbeams are added; you can see light streaming around the edges of larger objects (asteroids, carriers), as if the space around them was dusty, which is probably is, due to a recently broken moon...
avatar
Loki
Admin

Posts : 1315
Join date : 2012-06-03
Location : Ontario, Canada

http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Nostromo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Shade wrote:I only have an i3 and high settings runs fine without lag for me and barely heats my gpu or cpu. Though to be quite honest I do not notice much difference between high and med.


We can't trust this statement, THE REAL SLIM SHADY only uses BOLD TEXT. This must be an imposter.
avatar
Nostromo

Posts : 500
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 27
Location : USA East

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Vanity on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 am

Loki wrote:Biggest difference that I can see between medium and high is more light bloom and sunbeams are added; you can see light streaming around the edges of larger objects (asteroids, carriers), as if the space around them was dusty, which is probably is, due to a recently broken moon...

Yeah it's by odd. For some reason my game lags, even on a computer with intel i7 980x, dual gtx 680 and 32gb of ram... I think it might be Australia and the crappy net we get here...

Yeah I have noticed flares and such when changing from medium to high as well Loki.
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Vanity on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:54 am

I still reckon its the internet speeds and connection. Gt here in Australia. The only time it never lags is when I'm on aus server. Any other sever and I lag severely... Sad
avatar
Vanity

Posts : 544
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by the-anger on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 am

even on euro my fps never drops on high, but my cpu temp skyrockets on euro vs aus...
avatar
the-anger

Posts : 1247
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 27
Location : Australia (+10 GMT)

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Shade on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Nostromo_Crew wrote:
Shade wrote:I only have an i3 and high settings runs fine without lag for me and barely heats my gpu or cpu. Though to be quite honest I do not notice much difference between high and med.


We can't trust this statement, THE REAL SLIM SHADY only uses BOLD TEXT. This must be an imposter.

Lol, this made me laugh to be quite honest. I forget to bold my text sometimes.
avatar
Shade

Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-07-09
Age : 25
Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by RA2lover on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 am

the main thing increasing lag on high is probably crepuscular rays. they should use the shadow volume to draw them on instead...

RA2lover

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-11-19
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Settings: High

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum