Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers

+10
longshot
Xron
the-anger
Nostromo
Wolfski
Viking Jack
science
eltazar
Complex lain
Loki
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers Empty A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers

Post by Loki Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 am

Uber Entertainment has heard our questions and has finally responded to us. Looks like Moonbreakers isn't quite finished yet.

"Moon Breakers community,

First, we are sorry there hasn’t been more communication about the state of Moon Breakers. The current state is that development has effectively been halted on the game. Imba, the developer and owner of the game, ran out of money and the Moon Breakers team was disbanded.

Uber, as the publisher, is going to continue to maintain the servers for now. In addition it may be possible under some future scenarios for us to acquire the rights and continue to develop it."

Thanks to DeadStretch for letting us know.

Last edited by Loki on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers Empty Re: A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers

Post by Complex lain Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am

Wow customer service is Awesome how long for a response !
I suppose giving the dog a tiny bone is meant to stop it yapping (cynicism) LOL
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers Empty Re: A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers

Post by eltazar Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 am

well, really bad F2P/P2W policy makes every game finish like that... I'm switching to Starconflict, but as long as servers will run, you will find me in MB, searching glory and honor Smile

eltazar

Back to top Go down

Post by science Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

The sad truth is that without the F2P option, I doubt the game would have
been made at all. Contemporary gamers who demand something for nothing
and publishers who want to give nothing for something deserve each other.

Unfortunately, caught between those twin forces that dominate the gaming
landscape are the devs who want to make good games and gamers who
want to play those games and both are getting crushed by relentless waves of wilful
mediocrity and bilateral greed.

Increasingly I look to crowdfunding as a means to fund niche games but
even there I worry that people will get burnt out as more and more games
either fail to reach their activation goal or reach it only to spend all that
money and shutdown before completion.

Personally, I've paid some 20 quid for a game that won't even hit alpha for
12 months or so (Star Citizen). I have high hopes for it but only time will tell.

SC is taking buy to own approach, making the pvp server available for
players to keep ad infinitum, allowing players to design their own ships to
play on their own servers, forever and incorporating a review program to
accept very high quality ships for inclusion in the persistent online universe.

It's nigh on perfect and only came about because the creator is trying to
make a fantastic game and not bleed all the customers for the duration, only
to shut them out in order to bleed them again on another project.

It bucks pretty much every industry trend and I can only conclude that
the only reason this game is in the pipeline is because Chris Roberts
is some kind of maverick altruist.

Either way, it's not business as usual anymore and devs can't just push
a game out the door and expect it to sell on it's merits. Expectations
have changed, and for the worse. (Hence pervasive F2P)

Hopefully something like SC will see the light of day and both remind the buying
public of what good games can do and shame the industry into putting
developers back in charge of games not the psychotic bean counters
that currently run the show.

</pointless rant>
science
science

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 pm

at least they remember us and the game, that only made me happy

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfski Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Complex lain wrote:Wow customer service is Awesome how long for a response !
I suppose giving the dog a tiny bone is meant to stop it yapping (cynicism) LOL

There is nothing wrong with a healthy cynicism!

Nice to hear a little news though.... one can only hope the spark has not been totally extinguished quite yet!

Wolfski
Wolfski

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:52 am

They achieved the least I could expect from them, so in my mind there is nothing left to fight about. Yes, it took an obscene amount of time to respond. Yes, it's not the best answer any of us hoped for. Yes, I am disappointed. But, what can anyone do, we are forced to accept the status quo. Because we can't actually force them to do anything, but make MB look like an appealing investment option by continuing to loyally play their neglected property. At least, until they come to a final decision to end or revive this genre.

I, for one, am still going to play until the servers fall, cause honestly, this is all I have. That despite it's faults this is still one of the best space combat sim's I've been allowed to play in so long without using money.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:14 am

Take a peek at Star Conflict - Takes some getting used to but that is free as well http://star-conflict.com/en/
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfski Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:25 am

Complex lain wrote:Take a peek at Star Conflict - Takes some getting used to but that is free as well http://star-conflict.com/en/

I really like star conflict, it too has a lot of potential, but there are many obviously pay to win people that have fasttracked to the bigger ships.... once you get killed by a guided torp in game you will see what I mean... its an expensive weapon to buy in game but will if on target give a 1 hit kill in almost any circumstance

Its the same kind of play model as world of tanks... and inevitably the automatic matching method can often put you toe to toe with squads flying kit that is much harder to kill.... the attention to balance seems to be of the same ilk in that you will only ever see ~50% wins vs losses

Lots of fun though, the flight dynamics and physics are very good, the attention to detail is admirable..... lot more buttons to use than MB but not overly so.... at least its not the whole keyboard like in freespace

I think if you stick it out for a few months and are prepared to take the knocks as you rank up then this will be a good alternative to MB....

You can also choose to play with squad members in a limited fashion, in game you can add friends but are limited to 2 or 3 ship squads (depending on your account status) I havent noticed full clan battles like you can in the Tank game... but I havent explored every avenue of this game yet...

Game modes are guite good... Domination where you have to capture and own the majority of 3 beacon type bases in the map... majority capture makes your cap point go up ahead of the enemies... much in the same way that tickets in Battlefield 3 are eroded when a team owns the most caps. When you get to 100 cap point you win the round...

Then there is Elimination (i think that the right name) this is team vs team play to the bitter end. At round start one person is automatically elected as team captain... as long as he stays alive you can keep respawning (which takes 30 seconds each time!) ... if the captain is killed then the rest of his team is tagged and bagged....
Have played this with a tier 2 ship boasting cloaking device.... get a few thou from their boss then cloak and sneak up... decloak and lay some smackdown.... all weapons are frontish facing (they do track your aim reticle up to a point) so its hard to tackle a pursuer unless you have one of the more agile small ships...

Seriously worth a look tho if you are craving some more space battle action....

respect
Wolf
Wolfski
Wolfski

Back to top Go down

Post by science Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Did anyone take a look at Strike suit zero?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209540/

Edit: Not sure it's a MP game. Steam lists it as SP but it has this in the
key features blurb "dogfight other pilots" which is suggestive of MP but
ultimately ambiguous.

Star Conflct.. the last video I looked at suggested the ships turned so
slowly that combat was little more than a war of attrition (space RPG
rather than true skill based twitch).

Black Prophecy was similarly afflicted. If I could have made one
change to the flight model in mb, it would have been to make the ships
twice as fast.

Am I getting the wrong impression of Star Conflict?

Last edited by science on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forget..)
science
science

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfski Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm

The small fighters in Star Conflict are just as maneuverable as the lights in MB.... but yes the mid range and heavies do suffer from much slower turn rates... but they do more than make up for it with firepower in most cases...
Give it try ... you might like it ! but... Its not going to be everyones type of game tho.....

I still prefer the pick up and go playability of MB but SC is also some good fun to pass time with ...
Wolfski
Wolfski

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am

science wrote:Did anyone take a look at Strike suit zero?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209540/

Edit: Not sure it's a MP game. Steam lists it as SP but it has this in the
key features blurb "dogfight other pilots" which is suggestive of MP but
ultimately ambiguous.

single player. if you liked homeworld and like moonbreakers, this is a sort of in-between of both games. the tech is very very reminiscent of homeworld and no coincidence the same composer did the music. (and yes, you can finish the game at a leisurely pace in about 6-8 hrs)

combat in SSZ contains no pure manual aiming to speak of, rather, you have effectively huge hit-boxes to target via hud aim-assist to such extremes that if you didnt hit your target, the only explanation is it went offscreen or is too far. the game puts imo less focus on guns and draws attention to missiles. in fact, forget the guns, just use missiles for 90% of things you need to do.

the weapon loadout is chosen before each level from a list of:
gun slot 1: small / med / large plasma cannons (drain energy, which regenerates)
gun slot 2: 75mm Pd guns (im sorry, 'rapid particle emitter'), 150mm of the same (these guns have ammo, but are mainly meant for anti-shield), railgun (approx the power of a mk3 missile to 4.5km using energy like plasma, but draining ALL of it in the process)
missiles (1-3 slots):
rockets (dumbfired and LOTS of them)
swarm missile (each round = swarm of missiles, can target up to 9 such swarms on a target in one go. excessive amounts of ammo)
mk1 s2s missile (1km low damage, high ammo, fast and accurate)
mk2 (2km med damage, med ammo)
mk3 (3km high damage, low ammo)
fire-and-forget missile (ie, targets the center-most thing on your screen within 2km. otherwise like a modified mk2 but flies differently and no lock on required) - best thing about these is you can hold down the trigger and you have a good supply of these
shield-buster missile (depletes shield on impact. useless imo by the time you get it since anything larger than a heavy fighter doesnt HAVE a shield)
'heavy' alpha missile (slow, long ranged monstrosity with enough firepower to take out corvettes in 2 hits and a few plasma blasts to follow up)

flight: ... lets just say better.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Complex lain wrote:Take a peek at Star Conflict - Takes some getting used to but that is free as well http://star-conflict.com/en/

So does this mean we'll be adding a 'Star Conflict' thread so the MB girls and boys can stay in contact with each other?
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm

If you make a thread, try to keep it contained, please; this isn't a Star Conflict site.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 pm

We dont need a thread Link - I only mentioned it in passing (for the ones who need something different to try and broaden the horizons and see whats out there, so to speak) - I will dip in and out of it but it doesn't grab me like MB!
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm

This still doesn't explain why WJ went off the grid.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Pretty sure he went off the grid because his new employer told him to drop everything and work on Planetary Annihilation.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 am

Not even a goodbye?!?
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 am

Be Realistic we are ethereal entities - what do they or WJ owe us?
how many payers have left without a KMA
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Complex lain wrote:Be Realistic we are ethereal entities -

i just broke my nose trying to pass through a wall

don't believe this evil blasphemous deceiver!

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Complex lain wrote:Be Realistic we are ethereal entities - what do they or WJ owe us?
how many payers have left without a KMA
Ghosts or no, I spent $30 ish on this game, that's how much they owe me.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Xron wrote:
Ghosts or no, I spent $30 ish on this game, that's how much they owe me.

Do you really think you haven't gotten $30 worth? I've spent about $30 and I've logged easily more than 500 hrs in Moonbreakers (311 in Steam and ~150-200 pre-Steam on Chrome). That's half as much as I've spent on many AAA games that had 10 hrs or so of gameplay that were considerably less fun to play.

Last edited by Loki on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I spent that $30 expecting the game to become better. And while it was $30 well spent even without it getting better, I still feel slightly cheated.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:18 am

Xron wrote:I spent that $30 expecting the game to become better. And while it was $30 well spent even without it getting better, I still feel slightly cheated.

happened the same to me with many games and from bigger companies

i don't want to sound like a dick but shite happens Sad

besides i like to think we haven't heard the last from MB

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 am

Viking Jack wrote:
Xron wrote:I spent that $30 expecting the game to become better. And while it was $30 well spent even without it getting better, I still feel slightly cheated.

happened the same to me with many games and from bigger companies

i don't want to sound like a dick but shite happens Sad

besides i like to think we haven't heard the last from MB

So it would seem. I wonder who actually own the rights to MB now. I mean the short answer is still IMBA, but WHO is IMBA now?
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next