A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Response from Uber on Moonbreakers

Post by longshot on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 am

Complex lain wrote:We dont need a thread Link - I only mentioned it in passing (for the ones who need something different to try and broaden the horizons and see whats out there, so to speak) - I will dip in and out of it but it doesn't grab me like MB!

Me neither. Flight handling feels clumsy, probably because the server handles everything rather than it being on the client end ... ships do not drift in sharp turns but keep forward momentum worse than Cobras ... huge hitboxes (caused by large spherical shields) make it impossible to miss targets - or be missed - making it a game of who has the biggest guns & shields rather than who's the better pilot ... and lastly with the vast array of weapon types, many of which can only be accessed way down the tech tree, I simply have no idea what's going on and I don't feel motivated to try :\

Last edited by longshot on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:16 am

Xron wrote:
Viking Jack wrote:
Xron wrote:I spent that $30 expecting the game to become better. And while it was $30 well spent even without it getting better, I still feel slightly cheated.

happened the same to me with many games and from bigger companies

i don't want to sound like a dick but shite happens Sad

besides i like to think we haven't heard the last from MB

So it would seem. I wonder who actually own the rights to MB now. I mean the short answer is still IMBA, but WHO is IMBA now?

that would be WJ or uber the fact that the response came from uber makes me think they own the rights

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 am

I think WJ was still just an employee, not the owner of IMBA - that was someone else whether Uber or otherwise we don't know. As Uber are talking about trying to secure the rights I'd guess they don't own IMBA or the rights to MB, but I'd imagine that securing those rights would be a mere formality seeing IMBA have no money & no prospects.
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 am

Viking Jack wrote:
Xron wrote:
Viking Jack wrote:
Xron wrote:I spent that $30 expecting the game to become better. And while it was $30 well spent even without it getting better, I still feel slightly cheated.

happened the same to me with many games and from bigger companies

i don't want to sound like a dick but shite happens Sad

besides i like to think we haven't heard the last from MB

So it would seem. I wonder who actually own the rights to MB now. I mean the short answer is still IMBA, but WHO is IMBA now?

that would be WJ or uber the fact that the response came from uber makes me think they own the rights

While IMBA is technically an empty office, they are still a legal entity that had a game published by Uber. It sounds like will take some effort to obtain legal ownership of IMBA properties, so it appears Uber is more a publisher & producer than owner; if they were a direct parent company to IMBA, there wouldn't be much question about it.
Loki
Admin

http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Viking Jack wrote:
Complex lain wrote:Be Realistic we are ethereal entities -

i just broke my nose trying to pass through a wall

Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:35 am

i know ferc, i blame the economy for that.

no money means no alcohol and my body rejects water or any soft drink so im living constantly dehydrated and delusional

also look at this complex dude he just told me i was ethereal and i needed to live the experience at its fullest but it was all lies that lain dude its a deceiver i told you, just like that evil dude from the bible lucywhathever or it was a gurl?
the case is that thing was totally un-cool man totally un-cool i tell ya

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 am

Viking Jack wrote:i know ferc, i blame the economy for that.

no money means no alcohol and my body rejects water or any soft drink so im living constantly dehydrated and delusional

also look at this complex dude he just told me i was ethereal and i needed to live the experience at its fullest but it was all lies that lain dude its a deceiver i told you, just like that evil dude from the bible lucywhathever or it was a gurl?
the case is that thing was totally un-cool man totally un-cool i tell ya

Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 am

Ferc Polo wrote:
Viking Jack wrote:
Complex lain wrote:Be Realistic we are ethereal entities -

i just broke my nose trying to pass through a wall

Wow Not high enough, that does remind me of Snubby and Yourself LOL
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle™ on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 am

I hope atleast someone gets the rights to it. Star Conflict is fun but it's really too slow for me. And also MB ships totally look better and less cluttered than those in Star Conflict. Sorry though if I wasn't able to play lately. I was busy with other stuff that is not Moon Breakers. But really this thing captured me like a high level tractor beam.
Twilight Sparkle™

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:16 am

Strike Suit Zero is One Player, but it's beautifully designed (ships, space, carriers, turrets and everything), very intense atmosphere if you dig the music, great fun to shoot enemies and containers though kind of easy.
I love to fly around in space and to act as the cause of great explosions, so SSZ is kind of a therapeutic meditation.
If you play it on a PC you can add a small amount of mods, which are a little bit of fun too. Mac hasn't got mods yet, but I read they will add soon...

It may sound strange, but I still love Star Wing Commander too.

Star Conflict seems totally overloaded to me. I love the absolute simplicity and constrictions of choice in MB. I've never seen better than dodging around rocks in a F3x.
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbanah on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:40 am

I don't know if anything will ever replace Moon Breakers, but quite a few of the old MB aces have been getting on HAWKEN. It's a Mech game, not ship, but as close as I've come to getting the same thrill as MB for a while. It's free to play on steam now, and pretty dang fun, and my favorite part is that you can start a "party" with your friends, and it will make sure you're on the same team (something MB should of had, and would have made the old Praetor vs DMH battles awesome:)

Rabbanah

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:01 pm

hawken is definitely proving a more fun substitute than anything else so far. the teams are limited to 12 ffa or 6v6 or 4 co-op, meaning that for team games a party is limited to 3 players.

about as many ships as mechs, however mechs each have a special ability and they can swap their primary weapon with two unlockable alternates, not mentioning internals and items system for that extra spice.

also, not one but two mechs capable of stealth of some kind, something that i know has been asked about more than once to be a feature of MB in the distant imaginary direction it were to take.
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top