Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turret Strength? Weapon Power?

+4
Agent of Change
jazzycat
Snubby
Nutz
8 posters

Go down

Turret Strength? Weapon Power? Empty Turret Strength? Weapon Power?

Post by Nutz Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm

95% of my time is spent in my beloved Mamba and I am at the point where I feel competent. The last couple of days however I feel either the turret strength is weaker or are my Mamba's guns stronger?(I'm talking 2 rockets and 1 pass with machine guns). Has anyone else experienced this or ...................have I just finally learned how to efficiently destroy turrets Laughing Laughing .
Nutz
Nutz

http://www.segtechsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Turret Strength? Weapon Power? Empty Re: Turret Strength? Weapon Power?

Post by Snubby Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:56 pm

could it be a quantum leap in skill? aiming better , turning faster? no patch that I know of.
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:07 am

I'd say all the hard work and practice is paying off Nutz - probably increased your accuracy of gun-fire when moving around the turrets, and not at them.
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nutz Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:41 am

Snubby wrote:could it be a quantum leap in skill? aiming better , turning faster? no patch that I know of.

jazzycat wrote:I'd say all the hard work and practice is paying off Nutz - probably increased your accuracy of gun-fire when moving around the turrets, and not at them.

Thanks. Maybe. Not sure about a quantum leap though. It just seemed a drastic change.
Nutz
Nutz

http://www.segtechsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:59 am

well that's cause a quantum leap is very very small... Smile

I actually experienced something similar in the last few week with turrets and (not ironically) bomber hunting.

You practice something come back a day or two later and it seems like it's just easier, the only explanation I have for your question, and my own improvement, is that you have just gotten better at that particular task/skill.

Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 am

Still takes the same amount of fire to destroy a turret from a Piranha

As Snubby, no changes I know of, so you got better - well done ! bounce
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by moonglow Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 am

the rear turrets have signifcantly less HP that the front turrets

after i figured this out, rocketeering a way into the carrier got really easy on my mamba

moonglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 am

Rockets are badass against everything, but particularly against turrets.

- Rockets are indestructible; turrets can never shoot them down, so as long as your aim is good, they always hit. Because they are invincible, they make excellent distractions when making a CTF grab & escape; fire one off into space and watch all the turrets track it.

- Rockets do bonus damage based on the total health of the target (except against carriers), so the more health a target has, the more damage a rocket does to it. For this reason, you should hold off on your machine gun or beam fire until you've hit a turret at least once with a rocket to maximize your initial volley.

- against fighters or bombers, wait until you can't miss before trying to fire a rocket

- use remote detonate to take out torpedoes; it's much easier than shooting them down once you get the hang of it

Turrets are tricky until you work out an attack pattern that works for you and the ship you fly. Could be that you've got the hang of it now.

All turrets have the same health except for the interior hangar turrets, which are invincible. The rear turrets have a slightly different arrangement than the ones up front; the rear of the carrier is 'quieter' than the front end where everyone launches, so there's fewer distractions. The opposition can't often see you on their radar.

The sides and rear of the carrier have some tactical hotspots for bombers, so I usually try to eliminate those ones first.

The ones up front are high-profile with the entire enemy team launching from the carrier. Eliminating these turrets makes it possible for many players to hit with torpedoes, so taking these out is also essential, though more risky for the turret hunter.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by moonglow Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 pm

i actualy did counted.

i can rocket a rear turret to death in 3 hits. a front turret is 4 if not more.

i had not noticed the rear ones were also quieter. that sure does explains why my sneaking works so well

moonglow

Back to top Go down

Post by ratcharmer Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:20 pm

I was actually under the impression that turret health varied based on how many players were in the game (more players -> tougher turrets).

Perhaps I was mistaken.

ratcharmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum