Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I was yelled at the other day....

5 posters

Go down

So I was yelled at the other day.... Empty So I was yelled at the other day....

Post by Nostromo Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 am

So the other day I was having a lot of fun channeling some impressive Loki powers from nowhere, when I started getting some odd comments from the aces in the game. Not sure if I'd recognize them if they spoke up on the is forum, regardless. I was informed that my mamba was broken and that I needed to run something different, however I unthinkingly mentioned that I had become putting prestige points into my mamba. Probably cause my pride was pumped from being MVP six game running, I didn't immediately notice how everyone started gunning for me until a S&D mission in Rock Fields made it quite clear.

So for the sake of context I'd like to mention this doesn't happen often to me and I can become quite a troll on a game that I become too successful on. And this isn't to say I was impossible to kill, surely two barracuda would make short work of me or three plus craft or even a beam cannon nailed me. But, after the S&D match, where my mamba earned 26 kills and the next highest was a A-80 at 22, I was "suggested" that the game might become more fun for the newer players if I ran a rhino from one of the aces.

I'm not entirely sure there is a point to this other than concern that I might get into trouble for implying that I've a prestige system for my mamba, and might be reported for hacking. This has actually happened to me before, however x-box is really lax with punishment (two week probation), and I'm a little more than concerned for my account cause I've seen that some people report have had there account whacked and I've worked really hard for my ships.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

So I was yelled at the other day.... Empty Re: So I was yelled at the other day....

Post by longshot Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:56 am

The games are recorded on imda's server, so I'm sure if there was a report WJ would be able to look at what happened. If your ship had no hackz0r super powerz other than the guy @ the wheel then you've really nothing to worry about.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

So I was yelled at the other day.... Empty Re: So I was yelled at the other day....

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Hell Nostromo, any time I've flown against you and lost, the only thing going through my mind (Besides the hot led from your guns) is how I need to step my game up if I wanna keep up, not that you're cheating. I always figure that the first ones to scream "Cheater!" are the ones who are either cheating themselves, or aren't real fair-players when the opportunity arises. That or they have severe cases of Vagititus and need to put on their big boy panties. Razz
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm

It wasn't so much the one guy that was screaming hacks, what disturbed me was that the more mellow aces were asking me to fly a rhino instead of my mamba. That, in my opinion, is more disconcerting than someone who calls "haxzor". I played with the same five aces' and three of them agreed that I needed to put away the mamba, if it wasn't for the fact I was already heading out for breakfast/lunchies, I would have been more concerned about being reported.

And I know that developers like to keep tabs on their new games, but I can't help but feel that the decision for banning (or at least suspension) might more or less stem from the quantity of reports and not the quality.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Yeah I don't understand what those mellow aces said - if you're doing that well in a mamba then its to be applauded & the other players need to lift their game.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 am

I agree with Longshot. If I see someone doing well enough to get 20+ kills (in any ship), I negotiate with my guns and save some congratulatory words for the lobby.

I think if you switched to a Rhino, your inevitable nuke spam would have annoyed them even more; aces get better results when they go torp fishing...

My advice is just keep shooting them down with your Mamba Smile
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Vonstapler Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:27 pm

That's very odd. I can see if someone was getting angry about you popping un-upgraded mambas over and over with the a-80 (Ive done it before and always felt a little bad about my 40+ kills) but if you're doing well in a mamba that says really good things. That ship will make you learn to fly well, and if you learn what it's trying to teach you and then pick up an f-3x or a g-5, you'll become a force to be reckoned with.
Vonstapler
Vonstapler

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Vonstapler wrote:That ship will make you learn to fly well, and if you learn what it's trying to teach you and then pick up an f-3x or a g-5, you'll become a force to be reckoned with.

...and the Hammerhead and Stingray, incidentally; they both handle like slow versions of the Mamba.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum