Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players!

3 posters

Go down

Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players! Empty Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players!

Post by Space Atheist Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:17 am

I'm looking for the best Players here (if not globally) in Space Combat Simulations. I'm writing a novel about a group of Elite Players recruited from around the world, wo are meant to save the world against an extraterrestrial threat. In order to write a „realistic“, credible, authentic story I want to learn from the very best and committed space combat pilots around the world. If you consider your abilities in space combat as „very good“, „very experienced“, „extreme“ or even „better than everybody“ (stay realistic… Smile ) and you really think you had a chance to survive a dogfight against an extra terrestrial pilot from unknown origin in a warship partly customized correspondingly to your wishes, please contact me.
My idea is to build my characters based on real committed space combat gamers in order to make it authentic. I’m constructing my story around 1 outstanding space combat genius (a kind of mozart of gaming), 10 elite gamers  and some more talented personalities. No classic heroes. And no dorks neither. Just normal people who love to dive into space combat games and forget the world outside for a moment (or many moments...) and who will be thrown into a story they dreamt of when they were kids (or still dream sometimes, like me ....). Sorry, but you should be above around 30ys. or at least have the mind and intellect of an older person.  

So I would need some personal information about your career and some more personal stuff which I / we will elaborate during the interviews (mostly via email or, if you speak german, phone or skype). Off course everything will e held strictly confidential and all Infos packed into the developing novel will be anonymized.
If you’re from moonbreakers possibly I already know something about your skills. If not I might want to see some screencasts to be assured about your outstanding performance.
Btw. I’m writing in german, so don’t worry about my weak english… Smile
You should know I'm not a writer, I'm taking my time, I want to make it really good, well-founded, convincing. It might take several years.
But I garantuee: If it ever will be published (and if you contributed a small significant part or more) you'll get some personal issues. More I can't say at the moment...

Please tell me if you know anybody suitable outthere who you think might be interested. THX!

looking forward to hearing from you, talented space warrior!!!!
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players! Empty Re: Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players!

Post by Pejota Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:47 am

I consider myself a space talented pilot over 30...
Pejota
Pejota

Back to top Go down

Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players! Empty Some Info / female players / poland

Post by Space Atheist Sat May 02, 2015 4:16 am

A little peek into the novel-project:

So far I'm in conversation with 4 Elite Players. They really help me a lot in understanding how the most talented pilots think and act. That's of priceless value for my research and my project. Thanks so much!

Some chapters of my novel are already existent as a first draft, I have developed maps of some important places, some historical and biological background of the enemies. Most protagonists are only there as drafts but are about to develop (with the help of the things I learn throughout the interviews). I still will need a great amount of time for research (there's some hard problems I have to solve without becoming implausible). To me it's very important that the technological issues described in the novel will be credible (spaceships, gravitational stress for pilots, concealed transport of ships from earth to space, weapons, communication...).

Do you know any female Elite Players? Would be very helpful to interview at least one female top player. THANKS! (I remember some girl on moonbreakers, she told me she and her twin sister play often...but you never know whats true or not in virtual space... Smile

Do you know some educated person from poland? A significant piece of the story happens there.

Just post here or send me PM.

CU in space!
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players! Empty Re: Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players!

Post by Space Atheist Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

I owe these gamers who contacted me so far A LOT. I'm still analysing and evaluating the interviews; can't express what I'm learning here. Really a big mind-opener.

It looks like Moon Breakers could really be the ideal platform for recruiting the most talented space combat dogfighters globally. This leads me to the idea of integrating MB in some way or another into my novel. 

The least I can do is, for the moment, as the project rolls on, to let you know I'm constantly working on it. So I made a twitter account where I want to tweet from time to time about the progress:

https://twitter.com/gamersinspace

my name there: @gamersinspace   you may follow me if you like! I'd appreciate very much! 

News about the novel you'll find with hashtag: #GamersVsAliens

Cheers from zurich!
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:11 pm

I'm writing whenever I find a free moment; at the trainstation, in the train, in the bus, during work breaks (I even miss a lot of coffee-occasions...); I just can't stop. There's many scenes / chapters jotted down in first and some in revised draft, and at the moment I put a lot of effort in dialogues between an extraordinary AI and the pilots. There'll  be some deep philosophical moments in between the brute battle scenes; what better place than the vast space, stuck in some asteroid debree, in total silence? 
Some of you have given me valuable technical advice concerning the technologies described in my story and even about the places where the events might happen. I still have some issues that need a credible solution but concerning the flow of the story and the protagonists I'm steadily progressing. 
For now I don't need more interviews but I'll come back to you as soon as I'll start writing the chapters where the gamers get recruited. I'll probably need more details then. 
Please pm me if you have something to contribute.
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Looking for Top Players for authentic Story about Elite Players! Empty first chapters posted

Post by Space Atheist Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:54 am

hey there, for those who are interested and understand writing in german. 
after a lot of discussions with friends and family I came to the conclusion, that it's better to begin posting finished chapters on a blog than working for years and then eventually be frustrated by deprecating book publisher. 
So I started publishing my frist finished chapters some weeks ago. 
The first two chapters take place in Poland of 1947, the third in California, 2006. The next chapter, on which I'm working right now will go back to 1947. 

If you can read in german please have a look! I'd appreciate very much to find some readers. 

THX!
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:56 am

oops, here's the link: 
http://gamersvsaliens.blogspot.ch/

hope you like it!
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Michail Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Let's read some

Michail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:28 am

looking at the dates I guess project Orion is going to be part of the story

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:17 pm

hey abstracteness
no, the scientists in my story are totally unaware of project orion. as much as I read orion was very confidental back then, so much that partly the failure of the project was due to the secrecy they kept.  
by the time project orion really started (1957) my scientists had been by far more progressed than the US. due to some lucky events and due to a very efficient way of living and working.
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:57 am

For those who followed the project for a bit: I'm still working intensively on the book. Having finished six chapters, and a lot of chapters are in draft state. Still researching space combat, warp drive, AI technology. 
A friend who's into science fiction reads all my drafts and gives me feedback. So I have stopped publishing the finished chapters for the moment, cause there are always a lot of details I'm constantly rewriting. I think I will post about the first 10 chapters and then start looking for a publisher... 

The characters really come alive inside me, the world is growing, more and more ideas are hunting my mind. I should quit my job and focus on writing Smile 
But I won't so it takes patience like hell...
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pejota Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 am

Glad to hear your project is going well, looking forward to read the finished chapters...
Pejota
Pejota

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:16 am

.... But still I'm far from the moment when the gamers get recruited. Still kind of preface: scientists, institutes have been introduced, a first occurrence of extraterrestrial activity in our solar system makes people nervous and leaves them clueless. Still they underestimate the threat they soon will face. At least the american army does so and will soon ignite an unparalleled and pointless massacre.
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down