Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anybody still on the forums?

+14
Snubby
Marvin Swarve
Zhaky
Brodur
necrio
Ever-est
rocksteady
Nostromo
Shade
Agent of Change
Recorde
Pejota
Michail
FireOfEarth
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is anybody still on the forums? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anybody still on the forums?

Post by Pejota Fri May 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Im trying to play Star Citizen, but like someone said before its not moonbreakers...

o7
Pejota
Pejota

Back to top Go down

Is anybody still on the forums? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anybody still on the forums?

Post by livingstone Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:33 am

I got an email out of the blue that led me back to this forum. What memories. And names of ace players from the past. Damn shame the game folded. I'm in my 70's now and have lots of nostalgic memories of trying to master the intricacies of a deceptively simple game (with little success I might add). Vale Moon Breakers.

livingstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:20 pm

I go back here once or twice a year I guess... Played many Space Games, but none made fun like this, none has left more melancholia. I sometimes think, I can't be true it's not working anymore. It was the only game lobby where I felt connected to great pilots with almost no trolling.
What about a RememberMoonbreakers Group in Facebook oder Google+? Might help to get over it.
Found a game which seems to come close: Starcombat on Android. It's early access, , multiplayer, looks and feels good. I hate playing on touch screen but it works surprisingly well. Let me know if you're there too. Cheers, SpaceAtheist, aka Metal Kong.
If you feel like joining here, maybe something bigger will eventually grow out of this group... Cool
Remember Moonbreakers on Facebook
Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by SienaRannock Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:27 pm

I guess I should do my part too and leave roses on the grave of Moon Breakers. I've tried many space games since but none of them had the appeal. Blasting those Dog of War scum with my G5... best job I ever had!

I hope some day a game will emerge that is capable of delivering the same thrills as Moon Breakers once did. I'm not overly optimistic though - Moon Breakers set the bar pretty high for me.
SienaRannock
SienaRannock

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Atheist Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:21 am

Hello there, if anyone listens anymore. Star Wars Squadrons is the frist game since moonbreakers that delivers a fantastic immersive skill based dog fighting experience. I'm sure you all have already climbed up the level letter there Smile
As soon as there's private groups (there will be soon, many say) we can reunite.

Let me know what you think!
Meet me on facebook, I want to reunite the moonbreakers out there....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2136921099907163
I hate facebook, but I use it because it's the only place where everybody is. Almost.
We can also use MeWe, which is much more respecting privacy. Let me know!

Space Atheist
Space Atheist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbanah Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:55 pm

I cannot get used to the control scheme in Star Wars Squadrons. I hate that when you move your mouse the craft follows it slowly vs instantly like in moon breakers. Maybe I just need to become accustomed to it, but man I hate it.

Rabbanah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum