Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers

+5
the-anger
KyNtampo
jazzycat
Snubby
Jiel
9 posters

Go down

Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers Empty Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers

Post by Jiel Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 am

ServerAddressLocation
United States West 50.22.170.68 Seattle, Washington, USA
United States East 50.22.229.4 Washington DC, USA
European Union West 159.253.134.22 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Asia Pacific Southeast 216.185.101.83 Jurong, Singapore
South America East 177.71.133.82 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Australia 175.45.132.59 Waterloo, New South Wales, Australia
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers Empty Re: Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers

Post by Snubby Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Ty very much sexy. cheers
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers Empty Re: Physical Locations of the Various Game Servers

Post by jazzycat Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 am

For those tech-savvy IT among us, can someone verify the new/remaining server addresses are still one and the same?

And for everyone else, might be a good idea to check your ping/latency to each server again.
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 am

To find MB server addresses, log into MB and connect to the server of your choice.
In the windows terminal, run:
Code:
netstat -n -b
Find the address that mb.exe is connecting to on port 9000.
Code:
Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State          PID
TCP    192.168.1.22:2375      177.71.139.218:9000    ESTABLISHED    4036
[mb.exe]
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Snubby Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 am

TY Jiel !!!
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by KyNtampo Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 am

OMG!!
A server located here in brazil?!?! That's a rare situation...
It's sad that the south american server is always empty...
KyNtampo
KyNtampo

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm

KyNtampo wrote:

OMG!!
A server located here in brazil?!?! That's a rare situation...
It's sad that the south american server is always empty...

this is largely because of the physical distance to the majority of the player-base - most are in US / Euro. From aus, its around 3/4 second delays, similar from canada from what i've heard, euro will be at least as bad, and US will be about the same in the brazil server as in aus (guessing 300-500ms).

put it another way... what servers have the most delay for you? those people locally will of course avoid your region for the same reasons... but more seriously, what servers are playable from brazil? odds are many brazilian MB pilots have run off to those servers... if we can get more players from there into this community, hopefully that will result in more players overall from brazil, and a more populated local server... i feel your pain though with aus server (not as bad, but still fairly empty most of the time)...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Drummerman Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Jiel wrote:To find MB server addresses, log into MB and connect to the server of your choice.
Code:
netstat -n -b
Code:
[mb.exe]

"In the windows terminal, run" what is the windows terminal??? command prompt?

Drummerman

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:39 pm

cmd.exe for windows xp onwards... yes
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:28 am

How do you figure out your ping and fps? Do you guys know if ping/fps in Star Conflict is a good indicator for ping/fps in Moon Breakers?

In Star Conflict, I usually run at about 60 fps, with a ping that hovers around 55-70...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:32 am

Nightwing wrote:How do you figure out your ping and fps? Do you guys know if ping/fps in Star Conflict is a good indicator for ping/fps in Moon Breakers?

In Star Conflict, I usually run at about 60 fps, with a ping that hovers around 55-70...
as pointed out to me just the other day, moonbreakers (and many online games in general) and vertical sync get along like a house on fire. if it's running at exactly 60 fps, it could run much much smoother... i fps for moonbreakers with FRAPS, which amongst the obvious features, shows the current frame rate. however, using cheatengine i have found that moonbreakers does store framerate internally... so if you memory hack the game, there's another way...

re ping, using the ip addresses here, open your shell / command prompt (any OS) and enter the command:
ping <IP>

substituting <IP> with what you see above for the server you are testing.

alternatively, if you have windows 7 or vista (i think it works the same on vista, never used that pile of manure), resource monitor can show active network connections per process / program along with estimated ping / latency and rough up/down speeds (more like statistics than actual current speeds)...

generally latency depends more on geography than the game you're playing (how it copes with it is another matter). if you can work out the server's IP address / hostname (again, resource monitor or the netstat command and co will help here in locating the address of the SC server) you can ping that and see what sort of response you get...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Are these locations still up to date? I've been having issues pinging the US West server.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm

I couldn't say; haven't had a need to ping anything for a while. Jiel, what say you?
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 am

Jiel wrote:To find MB server addresses, log into MB and connect to the server of your choice.
Code:
netstat -n -b
Code:
[mb.exe]
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down