Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old swg pilot finally found a new home :)

+4
Viking Jack
Agent of Change
Loki
Farce
8 posters

Go down

old swg pilot finally found a new home :) Empty old swg pilot finally found a new home :)

Post by Farce Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 am

Just a helloo to the comunity... Downloaded the game last night and im hooked. I played Star Wars Galaxies for many years until the end.. played as Farce (an imp piloting squints) and maci (reb flying my bwing..miss my bwing Sad ) on the bria server ....for any of u who may have piloted there.

Ive already made sure my bro signs up also.. great game. During my first night .. any question i had most answered them very quickly and gave me pointers to help me get started... soo far i love my starter ship.
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

old swg pilot finally found a new home :) Empty Re: old swg pilot finally found a new home :)

Post by Loki Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:26 am

Welcome aboard and glad to have you!
Snoop around the Gameplay section for loads of good info and feel free to ask any questions Smile

I got hooked on these kinds of games waaay back (TIE Fighter! Used to clear minefields in an Eyeball), so I know how you feel about this one.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

old swg pilot finally found a new home :) Empty Re: old swg pilot finally found a new home :)

Post by Agent of Change Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am

hey man welcome to the community.

Have fun out there.

I'll see you in my gun sights.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 pm

welcome aboard pilot i always wanted to play SWG but i couldn't for money issues

i want to know something is the jedi fighter really op like the people say?

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Nah.. the people who cried about the jsf were usually the newer pilots and or vets ..that didnt have the patience to learn the game. I flew the standard tie interceptor in pvp ( not the Red Guard interceptor) and was very sucsefull and at both killing jsfs piloted by new and old pilots. also with my reb toon i flew the bwing... the most cumbersome fighter/bomber with very few people to actually fly it due to its high learning curve. took down many jsfs with that 4 gun beast Twisted Evil . This games flight mechanics closley resemble that of JTL and why i got hooked after only a few hours last night. just wondering if the DLC is worth the money? but might get it just to help give this game a few bucks Smile
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Buy the boosts

you get a good bang for your buck and you support the game.

there is nothing you cannot get with experience and you increase the rate you earn it with the boosts.

of source you could always buy the HE3 (which is necessary for buying boosts) and jsut get a new ship as well.

short answer just get the HE3 and buy ships and boosts, the DLC doesn't quite work right now they are goign to rework it i believe.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks,

also changed my name to, my galaxies and tor name..been using it since i can remeber gaming
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Farce wrote:Nah.. the people who cried about the jsf were usually the newer pilots and or vets ..that didnt have the patience to learn the game. I flew the standard tie interceptor in pvp ( not the Red Guard interceptor) and was very sucsefull and at both killing jsfs piloted by new and old pilots. also with my reb toon i flew the bwing... the most cumbersome fighter/bomber with very few people to actually fly it due to its high learning curve. took down many jsfs with that 4 gun beast Twisted Evil . This games flight mechanics closley resemble that of JTL and why i got hooked after only a few hours last night. just wondering if the DLC is worth the money? but might get it just to help give this game a few bucks Smile

so its like when people cried about the viper in the userecho forums anyway i think you are going to love the FH-250 swordfish

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 pm

i'll be honest... u will never hear me cry about any ship.. or balance... i tend to like going for the least used ship and underdog. and the drifting is cool... havent gotten the hang of it using the mouse.. but reminds me alot of the awing in star wars sims...

I'll be flying mostly on the US eastern servers...
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Agent of Change wrote:Buy the boosts

you get a good bang for your buck and you support the game.

there is nothing you cannot get with experience and you increase the rate you earn it with the boosts.

of source you could always buy the HE3 (which is necessary for buying boosts) and jsut get a new ship as well.

short answer just get the HE3 and buy ships and boosts, the DLC doesn't quite work right now they are goign to rework it i believe.

I just bought the Rookie DLC the other day to get the Kingfisher (and to be treated like a real person on Steam...and to throw some more money at IMBA) and it worked fine.

Boosts are the best value for money; avoid buying ships outright if you can. Boosts also give you more time to learn how to fly while you earn creds.

Edit: Boost included with the DLC worked without issue, too.

Last edited by Loki on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Wj was saying something about the boosts included in the dlc not working right.

Anywho I highly encourage teh boosts over direct buying a ship as well because of the skills you pick up while playing.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:43 pm

working on making a sig.... trying to find a gif from the grabage 2.0 album.. the video were she was flying a ship that looked very similar to the MB game ships
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:48 pm

AH HA found it... The video is Garbage "special" ... look it up on youtube.. very cool vid... ships fly and look alot like MB... plus she is hot.. me think anyway. gunna be listening to this tonight while i gun a few peeps down in my starter..lol
Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Snubby Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Welcome Farce ! Hop in Ventrilo sometime. cheers
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Farce Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

Vent deffinately... i need to reinstall it... havent used it in a very long time ...

Farce
Farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Orphaneater Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Welcome Farce! Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Orphaneater

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanity Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:16 am

def install. Very Happy awesomess is just a click away... (as well as pure madness from our discussions. Razz)

Welcome to the forums!!

Vanity
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by science Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Viking Jack wrote:welcome aboard pilot i always wanted to play SWG but i couldn't for money issues

i want to know something is the jedi fighter really op like the people say?

The main issue that people had with the JSF was that for it's mass capacity it had a tiny tiny hitbox and so it was intrinsically the least balanced of all the ships. It also seemed to have a wide weapon spread which would inevitably help you to hit your target. The hitbox was eventually brought in line with the belbullab-22 but that was towards the end of the game. On chimaera it was considered bad form to bring a jsf to space pvp events. People still did though, naturally.

For the most part, there was no rapid fire like you see in MB and so aim and hitbox were more important. You couldn't really lead your shots based on where the trail of previous shots ended up. (the weapons all functioned more like the fast cannon in MB, individually)

Of all the things in SWG I miss space the most. With a preloaded heavy starter and all the previous master bonuses, I could resign and restart Corsec squadron and make master in about 3.2 hours. (Normally I'd resign again after the borstel mission since I was running it to farm those) Otherwise I flew the vaksai which could also be considered to be an easy ship to get into. (high mass considering it's hitbox and speed) But it was a great multi purpose ship. I bagged a 5130.3 (raw) max dam beamrail from nyms starmap right at the end which would have been just perfect for the single weapon mount on the vaksai.
Never did reverse engineer it though. /sob

www.projectswg.com are working on bringing the NGE game back. www.swgemu.com have also made great progress on the preNGE/CU game but still no space last time I checked. The old game lacks almost everything that I spent most of my time in game doing so I've been unable to get into swgemu and while I hope pswg can come up with something, with Star Citizen slated for completion in 2014 (all being well) I wonder whether anyone will still care about it by then.

It's a shame no publishers are interested in making games like SWG anymore, but I guess they have a limited appeal. SWG failed and failed hard and I don't think you can entirely attribute that to the NGE debacle. The new generation of gamers just doesn't want what I want.
(and sadly for me, vice versa)

/tiphat

NB: One not widely known fact about swg was that you could make master pilot and complete space slayer collections on trial accounts.
Now THAT was a nice little earner hehe.
science
science

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 pm

science wrote:It's a shame no publishers are interested in making games like SWG anymore, but I guess they have a limited appeal. SWG failed and failed hard and I don't think you can entirely attribute that to the NGE debacle. The new generation of gamers just doesn't want what I want.
(and sadly for me, vice versa)

so true:(

i wish to know who put as a divine law that mmorpgs can only be fantasy themed... i'll love a good space mmo like the X series but online, but i could really kill for a steam punk or diesel punk themed mmorpg and plz with lots of gore and black humor, im sick of hiting somebody only to see pretty lights and rainbows instead of blood and intestines.

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by science Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 am

Hmm maybe fallen earth? No probably not.

Oh and welcome Farce! Talk about thread hijacking, sheesh.
/shame
Smile

(Oddly enough I was going to start a one man squadron called RAF. Royal Air Farce Very Happy )
science
science

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down