Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two new med. fighter ideas

+2
Viking Jack
Vonstapler
6 posters

Go down

Two new med. fighter ideas  Empty Two new med. fighter ideas

Post by Vonstapler Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 am

So here's my plan:

First new medium fighter: believe I speak for all sneaky bastards out there when I say that a cloak-able ship would be a good addition to the game. Now, before you all run around shouting OP and noob and such, please hear me out. You make a ship similar in most respects to the nighthawk and call it the raven or the owl or some such. The ships main weapon would be a very high damage very short range weapon, say for example a big beam with very short attenuation or a big arc of electricity. The ship's secondary fire would be a long lasting but still temporary buff which makes the top 3/4 of the ship mimic the terrain below the belly of the ship. Also, in order to more adequately facilitate hiding and sneakyness, the ship would be able to come to a complete halt, rather than slowly drifting forward.

Second medium fighter: Due to the intrinsic difficulty in stopping someone once they have your flag, I propose another new medium fighter: the shrike. The shrike would have relatively low top speed, but high acceleration and afterburner, as well as being highly maneuverable. What would really make it stand out from other Med. fighters tough, would be the secondary weapon; a long range fast moving missile that, rather than doing damage, drains the target's fuel reserves and stops them from renewing for a few seconds. This would make those pesky sidewinders significantly more stoppable, and make playing defense significantly more fun.

While some people have complained about the high level of specialization in medium fighters, I think that this specialization should be embraced. Medium fighters can't contend with lights in speed and maneuverability, and they can't match up against heavy fighters for health, but they can provide a very specialized weapons platform for very specific circumstances. I feel that this will provide a true niche for the medium fighter class, rather than them being paper thin heavys or less maneuverable lights.

TLDR: Ship one, sneaky short range ship that's crap in a dogfight but can blend in and tear appart unsuspecting enemies at close range.
Ship two, maneuverable but low top speed ship with a missile that drains enemy's fuel reserve, making them an easy target for allies.
Vonstapler
Vonstapler

Back to top Go down

Two new med. fighter ideas  Empty Re: Two new med. fighter ideas

Post by Viking Jack Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:47 am

i like the idea the first ship could use a flamethrower or short range plasma stream

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanity Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 am

Viking Jack wrote:i like the idea the first ship could use a flamethrower or short range plasma stream
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG PLAZMAAAA!!! THAT WOULD BE EPIC!! Vonstapler... You are in no position to have been called... anyone who does, will suffer ma lazeh beamz!
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thuufir Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:48 am

Nice ideas Vonstapler

i am missing a skirmisher ship too !
I would like to see short invisibility more then long term ground camouflage.
Zero speed agreed !

I like to see more equipment like:

mine_layer : ok i know this would be nothng for CTF but i can imagine some situation where a firecracker at the right position could be lot of fun.

false rabbit - an extra engine you can drop while u get hunted which constructs a second "stream line" like u fly around the asteroid and drop the device.
Your hunter should see then 2 stream lines one of your ship and one false - that would be sooooo cool Laughing

and finally - jes this idea might be old - but a support ship would be nice too.
A medium bomber with very low or no weapon system which can charge
shields and cool down weapon system from nearby teammates.
Shure this ships will get blasted soon but it would be a good tool to support the beginner F3 Cloud. Smile

Thuufir
Thuufir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Thuufir wrote:false rabbit - an extra engine you can drop while u get hunted which constructs a second "stream line" like u fly around the asteroid and drop the device.
Your hunter should see then 2 stream lines one of your ship and one false - that would be sooooo cool
A medium bomber with very low or no weapon system which can charge shields and cool down weapon system from nearby teammates.

Vonstapler wrote:I propose another new medium fighter: the shrike. The shrike would have relatively low top speed, but high acceleration and afterburner, as well as being highly maneuverable. What would really make it stand out from other Med. fighters tough, would be the secondary weapon; a long range fast moving missile that, rather than doing damage, drains the target's fuel reserves and stops them from renewing for a few seconds.

Those would be great! I love those ideas!
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Just a thought, but considering all the "buddy-bumps" you may wanna think about making that cloaker into a "melee" ship.
low top speed
decent sized boost tank
high boost acceleration
heavy impact damage against opposing ship
VERY low pump for boost (enough to force people to ration between travel and combat)
no clue for a balanced secondary weapon though.... maybe make it the cloak function

my excuse for the boost settings is that the ship doesn't really need to flee combat as much as hide really quickly after the revealing "bump" attack. This is also to give the ship an obvious weakness so as to detract from people using it as the new "bomber-bumper". you screw up your "bump" attack and you will find yourself floundering uselessly in space.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down