Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept

4 posters

Go down

FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept Empty FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept

Post by Vanity Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 pm

New Medium fighter: Vespula – FM 100:

FM 100: Vespula Stats:
Max Speed: 80.00; Upgraded: 90.00
Acceleration: 95.0
Turn Rate: 12.5
Afterburner: 210.00; Upgraded: 236.25
Burner Fuel: 20.0; Upgraded: 22.5
Pump Speed: 1.10; Upgraded: 1.24
Shield: 800.00; Upgraded: 900.00
Shield Regeneration Rate: 75; Upgraded: 84.38
Shield Delay: 7
Primary Weapon: (new weapon idea) Burst Shot Gun
Rate of Fire: 33.18; Upgraded: 37.33
For the Machine Guns ^^
Rate of Fire: 1 Per 33.18 Quad Machine gun shots.
For the Short Range Lasers ^^
Range of the Short Range Laser Beam: 600; Upgraded: 675.00
Max Heat: 1700
Cooling Rate: 250
Secondary Weapon: Cloaking Device (Lasts for ten seconds and is undetectable by turrets. When a laser or a machine gun round is fired it stops the cloaking device)
Regeneration rate for Cloaking Device: It can only be activated when you have full health. Time between two activations is every 20 seconds.

Price: 400,000 Credits

I have changed it to a medium fighter, as we are lacking diversity between the medium ships (And because as Longshot had said… It didn’t make much sense. :/ ). I don’t know if the shield capacity or the shield regeneration rate is ridiculous… I did this off the top of my head trying to make it a decent ship with something different about it. Please give feedback. If you guys like the idea of its primary weapon and secondary weapon, let me know. If you think some of the stats are stupid, also let me know… Just state which ones. Very Happy

Vanity

Last edited by [DmH] Vanity on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : re-edited some mistakes...)
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept Empty Re: FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept

Post by longshot Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:58 pm

The specs basically make this a merlin with slightly more boost, less dps and a little more shield strength - that doesn't really seem right to me. Surely a heavy should be packing more punch than a medium, else how is it a heavy?

Why not go for a triple fast cannon with low heat sink - devastating firepower in a short burst if you aim it right, along with your speed/turning rate to make it a capable dogfighter? Not a fan of yet another missile-equipped ship either, the game really needs more weapons both primary and secondary. Maybe it could have a pair of machine guns as a secondary with a shared heat sink?
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept Empty Re: FM 100 - Vespula Medium Ship Concept

Post by Vanity Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am

Whoops. I'll edit my stat, this was only a quik draft. Will edit it later when i get the chance.
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanity Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 am

Edited it just now... need another opinion again longshot. Very Happy
I hope those secondary machine guns aren't over-powered... i'd love to see this ship in action, firing all those rounds. Very Happy
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 am

The rate of fire for machine guns is based on how many you have, hence a dual will fire at 18.67 (upgraded), a triple at 28, a quad at 37.33. Having the triple fire at quad speed, and the dual faster than a normal triple - breaks the game mechanics, its basically a new weapon you're adding here. Should be called something else, not a machine gun.

Having the same thing for both primary and secondary seems pretty redundant too, why would you ever use the secondary?

You do realise too that an afterburner of 310 would be the 2nd fastest in the game behind the sidewinder? Does not seem right, its supposed to be a heavy - its base speed is also as fast as a G5's. Recent patches have already reduced the advantage light fighters had - superior speed and agility - and this would make most of them redundant. Why fly a light when there's a 1200 shield heavy that's faster than pretty much all of them & fires at twice the rate?

Sorry but it just don't make sense to me, and does the game really need another bullet spammer to add to the FH-200/250 and Merlin?

longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 am

longshot wrote:Having the triple fire at quad speed, and the dual faster than a normal triple - breaks the game mechanics, its basically a new weapon you're adding here. Should be called something else, not a machine gun.

Why not a chain gun?

Instead of thinking in terms of Machine guns, why not mount a nice belt-fed rotary barrel on the thing, much like an A-10 "Warthog" and have it overheat fairly quickly, that would balance out the sheer speed at which it fires, and the sheer firepower of the thing.

of course, remove the secondary machine guns and replace them with proximity rockets that simply detonate when the target is moving AWAY from the warhead, thus allowing for maximum damage and kill-ability, while still forcing pilots to rely on on-the-fly geometry to calculate dumb-fire angles.

I'd cheat on my Piranha for a ship like that ANY day
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Queso Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 am

Why not make a heavy with a beam? Lights have two beam ships, mediums have one and heavys have none.

Also, there are already enough heavies and lights IMO. I wanna see more medium fighters.
El Queso
El Queso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down