Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running away like a bitch.

+18
Xron
Zhaky
necrio
Vonstapler
MJ
Quantum Razor
Nightwing
Agent of Change
longshot
Viking Jack
Wolfski
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
Twilight Sparkleā„¢
Varia
the-anger
Jiel
Loki
Bhrome
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Running away like a bitch. - Page 2 Empty Re: Running away like a bitch.

Post by Vonstapler Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Yeah, but stuffing that much high explosive into my ship slows me down too much. I think I'll stick with hit and run.
Vonstapler
Vonstapler

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaky Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:42 am

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I most likely will after this.

I want to confess that I often run from battle. My reasons for this could be:

1. I'm with my team and all of a sudden someone gets a good lock on my tail. I quit chasing my target and try to shake of the enemy on my six, hoping my teammates can take him down before he gets me, so that I can get back into the battle.

2. I get in over my head and realize that I'm on a suicide mission. I'll rather live to fight another day than give the enemies an easy kill. I rarely return to base in these cases unless my teammates are further away than the carrier.

3. Sometimes I'm chasing someone when realizing that I'm getting too far away from my team. Sometimes it's better to let the enemy escape rather, than spend all your precious time trying to chase one single target down. In some cases they actually want to chase them, because their friends are waiting for your just around the corner.

4. The fourth reason is not running but rather avoiding the battle. Sometimes my teammates are as eager to get the kill as I am, and they'll head into a suicide mission. Usually you'll try to keep up with them and help them, especially by taking the enemy by surprise, but sometime you are all alone and no one else is there to help you help your friend, in these cases you'll only give the enemies and extra kill if you engage to save your friend. It is very difficult to determine which is the case, as sometimes you can save your friend by confusing his followers and both of you can get away alive, maybe even return to take the enemy out one by one.

I can't understand why anyone would run and hide for other reasons than these or the other reasons ealier mentioned in this thread. Some rules I try and fly by are:

1. Stick together (works great in most games)
2. Do not try and go solo
3. Find out whether you want to be a follower or a leader. If you choose to be a follower, like I usually do myself, find that one pilot who seems to know what he is doing and follow him.
4. It's ok for newbs to chase the goal of the combat, but if you're slightly experienced, go for the goal instead of fooling around, unless you have some greater plan with it, which could make it easier for your to reach the goal.
Zhaky
Zhaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 am

Firstly... is it retreat? or advancing to future victories!

Also I wouldn't run half as much if it wasn't for damned missiles. I belive this game would be A LOT better with no tracking weapons let alone these hunter-killers with more damage than rockets.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Adama Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 am

I Love running away as my favourite tactic is hit and run. Smile

And yes Xron, those guided missiles are annoying sometimes, especially in CTF, for example on Broken Moon, where u have a lot of open space in front of the carriers, even at the sides too. So hard to trick them there.

I think running away when u feel u have no chance is a clever thing. If the tail gives up, u can hit them from behind. It is not coward. It is clever to do. I I love my carrier's belly.

I make You angry with it? It is half victory. XD I laugh a lot, when i fly with B10T in CTF, and rush inside. I espect the chasers to be outside somewhere and i launch a torpedo outside while i'm inside. There comes the surprise. XD So funny kills. XD And yes. I was killed several times inside too, and the chaser survived. I did it too not once.

Respect Wolfi. I agree the most with you. Smile Deal with it, and get ur revenge later on. U will have the opportunity, for sure, just be patient and sneeky. Very Happy
Adama
Adama

Back to top Go down

Post by juice Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:29 pm

i see it happen often in ctf .... if they make it back to the carrier, they're usually pretty damaged.... so i usually just fly in there with them to finish them off.

juice
juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin Swarve Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Marv gains a severe amount of almost... perverse pleasure, from firing full boost into the enemy carrier and taking down pilots who think that carrier retreat is an acceptable tactic.
Like really severe...
Oh baby yeah.

Marvin Swarve
Marvin Swarve

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:10 am

Go Marve !

I have similar feelings, even if I end up Laser fry go figure. I Do the same with bombers, chew them down to the smallest strip of health and let someone else take the kill, unless they have really 'T'd' me off - LOVE IT ! ! !.

Usually I see big bounty achieving players doing this and I don't know why as they will not have the bonus added to their score and with the amount of creds I have they must know I don't need the bonus.
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:17 pm

Xron wrote:I belive this game would be A LOT better with no tracking weapons let alone these hunter-killers with more damage than rockets.

I think that they should scale damage by how good the missiles are at tracking.
For example, dumb-fire missiles (Mamba) could have the highest damage.
SR trackers could be in the middle in terms of damage.
LR trackers could do the least damage, but that can be balanced by making missiles recharge in time to pop off another before the first one hits.

These are just my observations and opinions...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Marvin Swarve wrote: Marv gains a severe amount of almost... perverse pleasure, from firing full boost into the enemy carrier and taking down pilots who think that carrier retreat is an acceptable tactic.
Like really severe...
Oh baby yeah.

+1
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum