Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrier Damage

5 posters

Go down

Carrier Damage Empty Carrier Damage

Post by Xron Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 pm

What if... the carrier got sections destroyed if you nuked them enough.
Like if you camped in the left blind spot, eventually you would damage it enough that the left... pylon for lack of a better word would blow up and only leave a ragged framework, doing extra damage to the carrier but forcing you to target elsewhere from that point on.
This would add a decent visual effect to the feel of the game, make the carrier fun to fly around towards the end of the game, weaving through wreckage. And force people to destroy more turrets rather than only take out two and then grind one side.

Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Carrier Damage Empty Re: Carrier Damage

Post by Proton Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 am

Shocked Twisted Evil

And then the interior turrets would have a greater radius to shot out of...
Proton
Proton

http://lewisgoddard.eustasy.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:16 am

Eh, they could be modified. They have no reason to be quite as powerful as they are now.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Proton Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Perhaps it would be better if their shot spread out, with the same damage over a larger area..

I kinda want to leave as is.
Proton
Proton

http://lewisgoddard.eustasy.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Xron wrote:Eh, they could be modified. They have no reason to be quite as powerful as they are now.
They were much weaker before, it was possible to kill the carrier nuking it from inside without taking out turrets.
Also it was possible to spawn camp from inside the carrier, which was very annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:21 pm

i like the idea in fact it could be like star wars battlefront 2 were you have to destroy key structures of the enemy carrier to win like the life support system, the shield generator, the command post, etc

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Viking Jack wrote:i like the idea in fact it could be like star wars battlefront 2 were you have to destroy key structures of the enemy carrier to win like the life support system, the shield generator, the command post, etc

SW:BF pulled the idea from the X-Wing series of PC games; you could target individual pieces of a medium (shuttle) or larger ship and pick it apart. Major hull structures were never destructible until you destroyed the entire ship, and it wasn't until X-Wing: Alliance (I think) that the explosions could actually hurt you.

I'm starting to get nostalgic enough to toss another 70hrs into one of those games again lol

Edit: also, I see that you can play Battlefront 2 on Xbox 360.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nutz Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Xron wrote:What if... the carrier got sections destroyed if you nuked them enough.
Like if you camped in the left blind spot, eventually you would damage it enough that the left... pylon for lack of a better word would blow up and only leave a ragged framework, doing extra damage to the carrier but forcing you to target elsewhere from that point on.
This would add a decent visual effect to the feel of the game, make the carrier fun to fly around towards the end of the game, weaving through wreckage. And force people to destroy more turrets rather than only take out two and then grind one side.

I agree completely. Would be a cool addition.

I'm starting to get nostalgic enough to toss another 70hrs into one of those games again lol
And no. I much prefer chasing you.
Nutz
Nutz

http://www.segtechsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down