Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation

+7
juice
Snubby
necrio
Agent of Change
Loki
Complex lain
Belshirash
11 posters

Go down

IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation Empty IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation

Post by Belshirash Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 am

Hi folks!

I'm curious, if anybody knows something about the current situation of IMBA Entertainment and Moonbreakers. The last news I heard from WJ at userecho was, that his parent company had some financial success and wants to spend money on the graphics engine. But the upcoming patch, which was announced for, don't know exactly, some weeks ago, still hasn't arrived and there is also no status update for some weeks now. As longshot said, IMBA ran out of money this summer and WJ is the only developer left. I didn't even realize this. Does somebody know more details?

Belshi
Belshirash
Belshirash

Back to top Go down

IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation Empty Re: IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation

Post by Complex lain Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 am

Nope, sorry Don't want to be a pessimist but we could be playing on servers that are just waiting for the funding to run out?

As you say who knows as If WJ is still hanging in there he is not responding - either too busy or .............
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation Empty Re: IMBA & Moonbreakers - Current Situation

Post by Loki Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am

I suspect that WJ has been on vacation or he's had to train some people on the new project for a bit.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 am

Here's to hoping

Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by necrio Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 pm

please don't die, I still like the game D:

necrio

Back to top Go down

Post by Snubby Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:55 pm

necrio wrote:please don't die, I still like the game D:
ditto ...
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by juice Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 am

oh ... that'll suck
juice
juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Razor Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 pm

The game is a great graphics engine that's welded to lousy social/team dynamics and servers. Just about every third game is either plagued with server crashes or teams are so unbalanced that one side is hopelessly overmatched.

Add to that it's really difficult to communicate in game or in the lobby because the lobby window can be ten seconds or three minutes. So noobs check in and get crushed for three or four games and vanish. It's hard to want to put money into that.

Quantum Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by livingstone Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:02 am

I find this game strangely addictive and do hope it doesn't die a death of a thousand cuts.

livingstone

Back to top Go down

Post by Belshirash Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I wrote directly to uber entertainment via facebook... no answer. WJ... no answer... Sad
Belshirash
Belshirash

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaky Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:37 pm

These days it's the closest I get to Freelancer.. oh Freelancer how I miss you... What would you guys do if the game got closed down?
Zhaky
Zhaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Belshirash Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Don't know... didn't find a similar game (which makes as much fun as MB does) until now. I still try to get any information and I just wrote an email to uber entertainment. As long as the servers are running and this game isn't officially dead, I have hope Smile

[dreaming] It would be sooooo cool, if MB would get open source... [/dreaming]
Belshirash
Belshirash

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaky Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 am

That would be cool.. I just hope that any changes won't divide the players
Zhaky
Zhaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:55 am

TBH Zhaky the players are already a little divided because the lack of forward movement or something as basic as the ability to play with friends on purpose has cause many of us to wander into other pursuits,

Personally I've taken a looooong break and i'll be coming back a little this week, hopefully the time away will improve my experience because it had just gotten grindy for me when I stepped away.

The real trick IMO is not avoiding a divided player base, it's how to bring the player base back together and alive.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 am

Agent of Change wrote:TBH Zhaky the players are already a little divided because the lack of forward movement or something as basic as the ability to play with friends on purpose has cause many of us to wander into other pursuits,

Personally I've taken a looooong break and i'll be coming back a little this week, hopefully the time away will improve my experience because it had just gotten grindy for me when I stepped away.

The real trick IMO is not avoiding a divided player base, it's how to bring the player base back together and alive.

Agreed
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaky Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

I guess my fear is just, if the day should come, that the community here would be torn apart. It's not like I know you folks, but I admire a community like this, and the drive it has Smile
Zhaky
Zhaky

Back to top Go down

Post by necrio Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:21 pm

It doesn't have the mass to actually push forward though.

necrio

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:37 pm

We can always reconfigure the site for more or other games, or at least use it as a way to communicate while other sites are set up. Most of us have made friends here, and we'd like to continue those friendships independently of any single game.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Loki wrote:We can always reconfigure the site for more or other games, or at least use it as a way to communicate while other sites are set up. Most of us have made friends here, and we'd like to continue those friendships independently of any single game.
the general attitude (in DMH at least) seems to be as you've put it - should this game die, many of us will still stick around, keep in touch, and suggest new games to transition to / play on the side. DMH is already branching into other games to pass the time, but for the most part it looks as if we would gladly pick up MB again if it makes it past this hurdle.

it would be a shame if it did't... very hard to find a good game of this genre nowdays with a community that isn't a pack of racist badgers...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:40 am

the-anger wrote:
Loki wrote:We can always reconfigure the site for more or other games, or at least use it as a way to communicate while other sites are set up. Most of us have made friends here, and we'd like to continue those friendships independently of any single game.
the general attitude (in DMH at least) seems to be as you've put it - should this game die, many of us will still stick around, keep in touch, and suggest new games to transition to / play on the side. DMH is already branching into other games to pass the time, but for the most part it looks as if we would gladly pick up MB again if it makes it past this hurdle.

it would be a shame if it did't... very hard to find a good game of this genre nowdays with a community that isn't a pack of racist badgers...

Agree ! ! ! - on an optimistic upbeat note, anyone working hard should never be interrupted or sidetracked, unless for Coffee, Food or Booze - LOL

As to racist Badgers, I played with some the other day and gave them a Complex Lain tongue lashing of the highest order ! bounce Twisted Evil
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down