Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CTF and Bombers

+5
Complex lain
DrunkenMonkey
longshot
Loki
the-anger
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CTF and Bombers - Page 2 Empty Re: CTF and Bombers

Post by Nostromo Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

I can tell you, the first time I ate the business end of a Nuke Torp it took more than ten minutes for my sight to stop leaving odd after images on the walls of my house whenever I glanced away from the computer screen.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta38 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Someone must have detonated the Nostromo (or the atmospheric processor on LV426 ) on you! Very Happy Add that to the bill!

Coming to think about it, could the value of the He3 ever compensate for all the fighters, pilot's wives compensation, bombers, nukes (don't come cheap do they?), and carriers (though the speaker always survives the loss of his ship if you notice...) lost retrieving small pods of it? It sounds like they should be harvesting unobtanium to make it worth it.
Delta38
Delta38

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:39 am

who says H3 isn't unobtanium? The only way to get it is to spend money in an alternate universe (ours).

Longshot had a theory I rather like; that our fighters are unmanned combat drones.
Kackling Kobold
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:50 am

Don't give in! You can't ask people to stop flying bombers if you're flying one!

I'm leaning more and more to the remote fighter idea; how else can the same pilots keep coming back for more? But you still run into problems trying to explain how the carrier holds so many fighters...

I never play on anything more than Low graphics; my framerate drops to single digits on High and it chugs on Medium if there's more than 3 players on screen at once.

We've suggested to the devs that nukes should at least be able to damage the person who fired it and to add in an option for friendly fire on Ace-only matches. Also lots of other matchmaking controls like restricting ship types, enable/disable ship upgrades, player ranks, time/score limits, etc.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 am

Loki wrote:But you still run into problems trying to explain how the carrier holds so many fighters...

Large scale Material Replicators ! (c'mon keep up LOL)

Loki wrote:We've suggested to the devs that nukes should at least be able to damage the person who fired it

On many occasions - and been shot down for it as well

Loki wrote: to add in an option for friendly fire

On any matches not just Ace - I believe it would make players be more aware of their targets - not to say get rid of undesirable playing styles hmm.

Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 am

Complex lain wrote:
Loki wrote:But you still run into problems trying to explain how the carrier holds so many fighters...

Large scale Material Replicators ! (c'mon keep up LOL)

If they can replicate complex materials you'd find in a fighter (metals, plastics, etc) then they could replicate something as basic as Helium 3...

I'd love to see self damage on torpedoes, but I'd like to keep friendly fire as an option for higher-ranked matches rather than Always On. As WJ says, it's important not to feed the trolls.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 am

maybe he3 is the raw material Wink
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 am

That's more like it!
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Complex lain Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am

Or the catalyst ?

Strangely like the Bio-Metal in Battlezone, you can always recombine it to form new shapes
Complex lain
Complex lain

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta38 Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Massive OFF TOPIC, as I just realized. Sorry

Also, why on earth (or on Moon) is the turrets health non regenerative?
By my understanding in Moon Breakers, even fighters, only actually have shields, no real armor which can be whittled away as after a while you regain 100% health and even the Coffee Cup unspills itself... (A disturbing picture, as it might do that even if you drank it already...).
I can understand the carrier resenting Nukes, but really, it should have shield power to regen damaged turrets slowly...

the longshot theory, although a bit of a longshot itself, is nice. The remote piloting makes sense (Think US Air Force Drones). Except each ship I've found a high-res shot of, has a cockpit... Cameras don't need cockpits, or coffee cups for that matter.
If we go with the Manufacture MOARRRR DRONEESSS theory, which would justify the (Carrier Death ends game as all the pilots and manufacturing suddenly die off)

I just think the flight deck officer wants the Helium to make funny voices. Very Happy

I mean, even UT2k4 and most other shooters either pull cloning vats as an excuse or similar technology.
And if you think Battlefield/Moh, the cloning theory gains foothold, as cloning is known to be imperfect, and that could explain the standard deviation to trolling as matches lenghten and kill counts mount. Laughing

And in Space Exploration on limited human / mechanical resources (Think Homeworld) games, the fighters and other units audibly chatter in the radio, hardly unmanned, yet, as long as you have resources, you build (Crew Training (or forcing into the navy of civilians) left out of the equation here as well).

The friendly fire/casualty issue could be solved with Penalties for pilots whose rank exceeds 0, by reducing their cred, and reducing their Kills or kicking them off the game altogether after a while.

I mean, we have friendly collisions already on (Devastatingly on at times...)

Final end of off topic.
Still, bombers running flags positively get my teeth grinding... and my trigger finger pressing, so maybe, the problem will, eventually, solve itself in an evolutionary fashion. I will evolve into a better bomber predator, and bomberflagrunners will go the way of the dodo...
And I still think flag carrier health bars are important.
Delta38
Delta38

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 pm

pewpew down goes the bomber... end of story
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content