Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future of the game.

+13
Twilight Sparkle™
Jiel
Viking Jack
FireOfEarth
alr
Lord Static
Xron
Thuufir
Loki
longshot
the-anger
Belshirash
science
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The future of the game. - Page 2 Empty Re: The future of the game.

Post by Loki Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 am

Just posting this where more people can see it; Uber posted about Moonbreakers on their forum.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by FireOfEarth Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 pm

DON"T YOU DARE SCIENCE. Top-tier ships don't necessarily mean WIN. In fact, I've obliterated multiple ships using only my F-3. As for the open source, I'd rather not, to see if MB can come back up. However, if Ubernet could sell it to a different company, they might be able to provide funding for it.
FireOfEarth
FireOfEarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:10 am

FireOfEarth wrote:DON"T YOU DARE SCIENCE. Top-tier ships don't necessarily mean WIN. In fact, I've obliterated multiple ships using only my F-3. As for the open source, I'd rather not, to see if MB can come back up. However, if Ubernet could sell it to a different company, they might be able to provide funding for it.

Top tier ships used to give you the edge... however now mid tier ships are just as good if not better. Kingfisher. Nuff said.

Top tier ships are just annoying, missile lock missile lock missile lock, it's a dogfighting game! no need for so many lock ons.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 am

Yep, a dogfighting game, no need for slow bullets (after the patch that sped the ships up but left the bullets the same) and alpha damage from 10 miles away, not to mention a plethora of proportional damage. Missiles are only part of what changed MB from being a dogfighting game into something else.

If Moonfix ever gets underway again, its pretty much guaranteed that no matter how well designed & how much work is put into it to try and make it balanced, there'll be many people unhappy with the end result. As long as the ships are intuitive and fun to fly though it'll have to be a better game than Star Conflict Smile
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 am

longshot wrote:Yep, a dogfighting game, no need for slow bullets (after the patch that sped the ships up but left the bullets the same) and alpha damage from 10 miles away, not to mention a plethora of proportional damage. Missiles are only part of what changed MB from being a dogfighting game into something else.

If Moonfix ever gets underway again, its pretty much guaranteed that no matter how well designed & how much work is put into it to try and make it balanced, there'll be many people unhappy with the end result. As long as the ships are intuitive and fun to fly though it'll have to be a better game than Star Conflict Smile

Agreed; slow bullets in space is rather like mounting F1 carts with paintball guns. I never liked the proportional damage; I voted for fixed damage with fixed modifiers vs specific targets.

Star Conflict seems to have forgotten the "fun to fly" bit and made it just a way to move around. Sounds like they stripped out all the skill-based maneuvering and made it whoever has the biggest guns and best shields; if I wanted that, I'd play Eve...or WoW.
The ships in the X/TIE series would have been better if they moved like the ones in Moonbreakers.
...Anger; easter egg or extras request for the new game is Star Wars ship models Smile
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:59 pm

longshot wrote:Yep, a dogfighting game, no need for slow bullets (after the patch that sped the ships up but left the bullets the same) and alpha damage from 10 miles away, not to mention a plethora of proportional damage. Missiles are only part of what changed MB from being a dogfighting game into something else.

A very valid point, I just pick on missiles because I personally find them more annoying. If some one hits you with a laser your either dead and respawning with a fresh slate, or you still have some health and can do your best to out manuvour and gun down the enemy.
With missiles you have to drop everything and concentrate on dodging.

But yeah... bullet speed needs to be upped if we do moon fix or uber gets control of MB
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 pm

if youre not putting skill into your aim, youre using a toy Very Happy
toys should not be the focus nor should they surpass the skillful weapons in effectiveness... that much i will adhere to...

missiles are toys. deal with it Very Happy
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm

the-anger wrote:if youre not putting skill into your aim, youre using a toy Very Happy
toys should not be the focus nor should they surpass the skillful weapons in effectiveness... that much i will adhere to...

+1

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Xron Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:17 am

the-anger wrote:if youre not putting skill into your aim, youre using a toy Very Happy

Then we are of one mind.

Missiles should be piss weak compared to guns used well and still slightly worse than guns used bad.
Xron
Xron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Let's duel with X99s only using the missiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 am

could be fun... can we shoot the missiles down with MG, or it a test of timing and agility only?
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 am

timing and agility only, feels like fighting only with your feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 am

Abstractness wrote:timing and agility only, feels like fighting only with your feet.
The kicker here is that Abstractness is actually a master of Taekwondo.
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle™ Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 pm

If you're going to remake MB though, Remember, stick to the original designs and concepts. What most players hate as much as deviation to gameplay is deviation to aesthetics. As much as possible, improve the aesthetics without reducing framerate.
Twilight Sparkle™
Twilight Sparkle™

Back to top Go down

Post by Recorde Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

I tried Star Conflict the other night and I hated it, definitely reminded me of WoW/other MMoRPG PVP in space. I love MB and wish a miracle occurs someday.

Recorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:01 pm

I agree with Recorde's evaluation
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by eltazar Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 am

well.. i must say that I tried SC also and I will stay with it until there will be some similar game as MB (but as long as MB will be on i will play it either).

its not MB and it does not try to look like, but SC has a great potential and its fun to play, if you get used to it. do not take it as MB, because it is not MB. its easier to handle, at least for the newbs, but larger and have more diversity in general. also, become an ace will take you about the same amount of time to become an ace pilot.

on the other hand, it is just a F2P-P2W game with a very simple development system and very limited modifications available (at least at tier 1-2, i'm not any further). its more like world of tanks, but it is definitively fun - I will see how long it will stand Wink

eltazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:38 am

Star conflict is incredibly beautiful, but it has it's own problems. (An indicator that shows where to lead your bullets? WTF?)
It also tends to be slower paced, which detracts from the fun imho. I mean, where's the fun if you aren't denting your ship on the rocks?

I describe both MB and SC as 'Space-dogfighting sims', but I also tell people about some of the problems with each.
When recommending them to people, I say that Moon Breakers is best in the fun factor, while Star Conflict is best with graphics and ship variety. Basically, it comes down to Fun and Speed vs. Graphics and Diversity.
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 am

SC isnt the only game to give you a lead indicator; strike suit zero (a title that seems to have come and gone without much notice, worth two play-throughs imo) had this as well... but to be fair, hitting anything in that game without aim assist is just inhuman to do; the AI flies fighters far better than the median for moonbreakers to give an idea...

so i can see where it is useful as an indicator, but in SSZ it was also what you were clicking on to hit targets at all. if that is not the case in SC, it has improved on the market by that tiny bit Razz

though frankly, a linear prediction of where to aim is... next to useless with any game other than SC as soon as drift happens (from what i hear, still have not seen gameplay or tried it myself). would be interested in seeing several indicators for different orders of motion (parabolic interpolation, cubic interpolation, etc), perhaps color code them or fade them out with increasing order... (no more than 4th order necessary imo). the most stable indicator is the one you ought to shoot at, as it most correctly predicts the motion...

in space i would think you would want this, but with tanks-in-space (cough, SC) i have to agree, wtf indeed Very Happy
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2