Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anger's Alternative

+27
Nutz
Magazorb
Nitestalkr
GratuitousLurking
Twilight Sparkleā„¢
FireOfEarth
Kisuke
Ever-est
longshot
MFD Suraj ITA
MkDanger
Space Atheist
RA2lover
Memitim
Cake of Darkness
eltazar
juice
Snubby
Complex lain
Ruffjustis
Drummerman
Viking Jack
science
Thuufir
Vonstapler
Nightwing
Loki
31 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

I can vouch assistance with...

Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap17%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap3%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap14%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap24%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap0%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap3%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap31%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]
Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_lcap7%Anger's Alternative - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

Anger's Alternative - Page 8 Empty Re: Anger's Alternative

Post by Pejota Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:55 am

Are there any other sources for information on this project? Or is this the only main source, just letting you know that im still checking for updates and whatnot...
Pejota
Pejota

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:52 pm

this is it for the time being lol - still a one-man show. i make more detailed devblog like posts on DMH's site otherwise. i can start a separate blog / site / forum / whatever at the right time but that's not yet, still too soon.

i've kicked off a rewrite, should be the final one. massive refactoring of engine & module code but worth it as it was getting to 5 layers threatening more when it only needs 3 conceptually.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:41 am

the rewrite lives on. that really is the last one, but some background to explain:

a lot of what i'm doing with multithreading is unnecessary, re-inventing the same constructs that already exist in a newer standard. or, it would be if the compiler/IDE supported the syntax.

the videos ive shown of the engine rendering things a couple years back - that was using C++ 98 standard (if that). this incarnation (volt series), due to the above, has been trying to enter C++ 2011 standards but can't do so beyond "language features". the short version is the language syntax is supported in full, but the files containing the definitions for all the structures / utilities that are supposed to be a part of that standard are not working correctly with the IDE.

C++ is complex; its include files have their own meta language (the "c preprocessor"). this language checks against the compiler-reported version of C++ to include the right files and use the right syntax. however, until today i had a problem:

the IDE would obtain a 1997 r2 standard for the version, but the program would compile correctly otherwise. made reading the code very hard so i avoided the c++11 features.

now. finally. better late than never but it's working as it should have been. so taking the chance to rewrite some parts of the engine and throw out the re-invented code.

particularly prudent considering prior to c++11 there was no proper memory model, and i need that since im tinkering with ns-scale performance (via single-instruction memory synchronization operations which need aligned memory).

so yeah things will take a bit longer still. nothing new. but it will come out a lot better for it this time.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:28 pm

ok. big news.

(no the game engine is not yet ready Wink)

nothing official yet, waiting for confirmation, however if everything goes nicely for me it's plausible in the next few months or so i could be heading my own game dev team.

how? investment partners. for their share of the profit they'll contribute operating funds but i'll effectively be running the show - hiring the help, creative direction, as much / little of my own programming / development efforts put in etc.

implications:

almost goes without saying - engine might go closed source. it's likely it will, since in this approach it effectively becomes proprietary for all the involved parties (not just me). if it's possible i'll keep it open source for the engine but definitely not the game.

if anyone wants to seriously contribute to the project(s) / game(s) there is a legit prospect of getting paid for your work, now that i'll have funds to pay people with. (but please hold of until i confirm this, per above) as much as possible i want this done legit and legally, there will be contracts putting all conditions / agreements in writing (to be determined later, same reason).

I still intend on trying to keep it entirely as "online development" - no physical office, as much as possible virtualized / collaborated.

i've said it since forever but a clone / successor game really is approaching reality, and it could be as little as a few months away from being an official game project. there's a lot of stuff i'm dealing with / working out right now that will help make this happen BUT.... it's never been this close before and in a way i didn't think would actually happen.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:47 pm

That's great news! Keep us posted!
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down