Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

_Dogfights

+10
Pejota
Nightwing
Brodur
Ferc Polo
Viking Jack
MJ
Drummerman
longshot
SuPerKen
jazzycat
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

_Dogfights Empty _Dogfights

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:12 am

Last edited by Abstractness on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

_Dogfights Empty Re: _Dogfights

Post by jazzycat Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks for the links Abstract! Got some mates who really dig military stuff too so this'll get shared around some, lol.
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:02 am

Hunter, bumping this post for you in-case you haven't seen it yet Smile
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 pm

The Dogfight Movies I know:
-Der Rote Baron
-Les Chevaliers du ciel
-Red Tails
-Pearl Harbor
-Top Gun
-Flyboys (wrong planes with wrong colors and unrealistic scenes)

Back to top Go down

Post by SuPerKen Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Don't forget Wing Commander Razz Dogfighting with those Kilrathi Bastids...
SuPerKen
SuPerKen

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 pm

The Blue Max
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Drummerman Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 pm

the fighter movie I like is Iron Eagle, I know it is a bit unrealistic... but I like the plot! lol

Drummerman

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:43 pm

This series was the best thing on TV. To bad the History channel decided it needed to shift its focus to hillbilly related reality programs. Thanks for posting these here.

If any of you are interested in pilot bigraphies, those on Erich Hartman and Hans Rudel are amazing reads. Even though they were Nazis, their accomplishments as pilots were incredible.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:02 pm

rudel and his stuka hehe what a crazy invention that plane was the predecessor of the A10 and the russiand wanted to skin him alive he just destroyed over 200 tanks if my memory doesnt fail

also the luftwaffe was the less nazified of all the forces in fact falling in POW camp runed by the luftwaffe was the best place to be rather than the front or worse a concentration camp

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:12 pm

Hartman wasn't a Hitler fan, but Rudel was. He actually did some jail time for smuggling Nazis to South America after the war. But, he destroyed over 500 russian tanks, sank a battleship with his Stuka, and helped design the A10, so he is one of my heroes.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:19 pm

there are rumors that rudel wanted to smuggle hitler to south america whether this is true or not idk

the fact i know is that he served here in argentina as a testing pilot for our very first combat jet nicknamed ''pulqui'' and some people say that he helped with the design too

over 500 tanks with an old stuka i bet if somebody brings him to our times and gives him an A10 that guy wins WW3 all by himself lol

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Wow, watch the action pack scenes at the beginning of this 80s dogfihgt anime :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5RaUWrFdlw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferc Polo Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 pm

MJ wrote:Hartman wasn't a Hitler fan, but Rudel was. He actually did some jail time for smuggling Nazis to South America after the war. But, he destroyed over 500 russian tanks, sank a battleship with his Stuka, and helped design the A10, so he is one of my heroes.

If we're talking people who didn't care for Hitler and were amazing pilots: Adolf Galland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Galland

If you've never read Fighter General, it's a very interesting account of the Luftwaffe coming from his own logbook/diary/account of the events. Interesting stuff about him and Bader in there too.
Ferc Polo
Ferc Polo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Soviet Storm has some nice animations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUXY2vsiHPo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brodur Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Watched the history ones a few years back on TV, good stuff Smile
Brodur
Brodur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 am

Last edited by Abstractness on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Abstractness wrote:Wow, watch the action pack scenes at the beginning of this 80s dogfihgt anime :
Where's an English-subbed version of this? This one is subbed in Spanish.
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Nightwing wrote:
Abstractness wrote:Wow, watch the action pack scenes at the beginning of this 80s dogfihgt anime :
Where's an English-subbed version of this? This one is subbed in Spanish.
I don't know, but Spanish is my mother language.
During the dogfight Jess' face gets hit by some bullets.
This makes him half blind so he can't distinguish enemies from allies.
He activates the ejection seat, but the ejection seat doesn't work anymore.
So stays in his cockpit and doesn't know where where up and down is.
In his panic he shoots at every thing that moves (his allies).
Then his own friend Shin kills him to end his misery.
After this drama the victorious squadron returns to the base.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pejota Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Tremendo pedazo de anime, no tenía idea que eras hispanoparlante. De esa misma época recuerdo a AirBats

Pejota
Pejota

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Spanish is your mother Tongue, Abstracness?  Are you from Switzerland originally?  I know the natives speak four languages there, but I didn't think Spanish was one of them.  I find the mash of languages in Europe fascinating, and take my hat off to anyone who is multi-lingual.

Yo tambien hablo Espanol.  Lo suficiente como para portarme mal con las mujeres.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 am

MJ wrote:Spanish is your mother Tongue, Abstracness?  Are you from Switzerland originally?  I know the natives speak four languages there, but I didn't think Spanish was one of them.  I find the mash of languages in Europe fascinating, and take my hat off to anyone who is multi-lingual.

Yo tambien hablo Espanol.  Lo suficiente como para portarme mal con las mujeres.
The languages of Switzerland are German, French, Italian and Romansh. I grew up in the part of Switzerland where privately everyone speaks Swiss-German but the official language is Standard-German. People learn it at school and newspapers are written in Standard-German.
Swiss-German are dialects which Germans don't understand, so subtitles are required for them.
Because the second most spoken language of Switzerland is French, I was obligated to also learn French (and English) for six years at school.
At age 18 I was able to speak and write French fluently, but I have never used it since.
So in the 3 years at university my French vocabulary has largely been replaced by English, the international language of science and engineering. My father is Swiss. Spanish I talk to my mother because she's from the Caribbeans. About the original language of my African slave ancestors I don't know anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thuufir Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:12 am

Rolling Eyes
the statement that germans dont understand swiss german ... although there are several different types of swiss german ... is just as wrong as the statement that swiss men cant talk standard german without accent....  deal with it ....      Wink
Thuufir
Thuufir

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Abstractness wrote: Spanish I talk to my mother because she's from the Caribbeans. About the original language of my African slave ancestors I don't know anything.
so your mother comes from the caribbean but she is of african heritage? where exactly is she from?(nation)

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Viking Jack wrote:
so your mother comes from the caribbean but she is of african heritage? where exactly is she from?(nation)
Exactly from the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the Americas(since 1496). Not far from the Columbus lighthouse.
(Jack you Vikings reached America before Columbus but your settlements didn't last)
The native (full blood)Taínos went extinct. According to genetics most people there are descendants of Spanish men interbreeding with female African slaves. Everybody speaks Spanish there but you can still hear the African rhythms in the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YtLCAYeA2k
A celebrity with heritage from that same isle is Zoë Saldaña (Star Trek, Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean). Hence her Spanish surname.

Last edited by Abstractness on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 am; edited 15 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:01 am

With all the information posted on this forum it's almost possible to identify me.
So I now changed my avatar into a more anonymous one.
Thuufir wrote:Rolling Eyes
the statement that germans dont understand swiss german ... although there are several different types of swiss german ... is just as wrong as the statement that swiss men cant talk standard german without accent....  deal with it ....      Wink
Yes, but you Germans still put subtitles on TV. And a lot of Germans believe Swiss accent standard German to be Schwiizerdütsch.
Oh no, we're totally off topic, let's get back:
Recently a Swiss jetfighter died while training to fly trough the mountains inside the fog. Here's what succesful flights look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXEzF_tc24A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLnLWMYzVE
Shooting at ground targets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN28seZW2Gc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum