Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CALLING ALL PILOTS, This is a call to arms.

+5
Adama
Strays
the-anger
Nostromo
Nitestalkr
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CALLING ALL PILOTS, This is a call to arms. - Page 2 Empty Re: CALLING ALL PILOTS, This is a call to arms.

Post by Nitestalkr Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:39 pm

=BWS=Nutz wrote:Might I seriously suggest creating a steamgroup and scheduling fights that way. You can allow who ever you want to shedule events and steam will automatically show the events correct time for everyone no mater where they are. Believe me it helps. It would also help just to keep the small MB community together.

Thanks, ill look into that tonight
Nitestalkr
Nitestalkr

Back to top Go down

CALLING ALL PILOTS, This is a call to arms. - Page 2 Empty Re: CALLING ALL PILOTS, This is a call to arms.

Post by the-anger Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:06 am

Nitestalkr wrote:
=BWS=Nutz wrote:Might I seriously suggest creating a steamgroup and scheduling fights that way. You can allow who ever you want to shedule events and steam will automatically show the events correct time for everyone no mater where they are. Believe me it helps. It would also help just to keep the small MB community together.

if we're doing that... i would suggest we then schedule a recurring get-together (as well as this round of meetups) at some point on the weekend (or several) so people will know to show up around the right time to find everyone else...

if you do make the steam group, post it here somewhere for all to join... but what to name it?

going to suggest it now and get it off my chest - the moonbreakers toiletry club. toilet humor in the cold void of space, from the comfort of your fighter craft.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitestalkr Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:44 am

the-anger wrote:
Nitestalkr wrote:

if we're doing that... i would suggest we then schedule a recurring get-together (as well as this round of meetups) at some point on the weekend (or several) so people will know to show up around the right time to find everyone else...

if you do make the steam group, post it here somewhere for all to join... but what to name it?

going to suggest it now and get it off my chest - the moonbreakers toiletry club. toilet humor in the cold void of space, from the comfort of your fighter craft.

lol, I'm looking into it after breakfast
Nitestalkr
Nitestalkr

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitestalkr Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 am

Where is the best place to post the link ??
Nitestalkr
Nitestalkr

Back to top Go down

Post by Adama Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 am

Best place is everywhere. Smile Starting here would be my suggestion. Smile

Toiletry club...Ahahahahah! I love it! XD
Adama
Adama

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitestalkr Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 am

I kept the name neutral so people not in the know about toilette fighters dont get scared away lol
Nitestalkr
Nitestalkr

Back to top Go down

Post by Adama Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 am

Ha!

Ill join if i get home...Smile If joining works in the way i imagine on steam. Smile

The Toilette Fighter's day! Wohoooo! Very Happy
Adama
Adama

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitestalkr Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 am

Its a public group so when you click join, no-one has to approve first
Nitestalkr
Nitestalkr

Back to top Go down

Post by Nutz Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:48 pm

I notice a discussion about time zones and such. It's always very confusing. Try using the events tab and create an event for sometime today convenient for you. I have always found it easiest to just create the date and time when I can be there because no one can ever find good times to suit everyone. Just speaking from A LOT of experience.

The event will show for everyone at their correct time and also give a popup at the time it starts so any member of the group will be notified that something is going on right then. If you need any help I'll be glad to assist.
Nutz
Nutz

http://www.segtechsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitestalkr Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:00 pm

=BWS=Nutz wrote:I have always found it easiest to just create the date and time when I can be there because no one can ever find good times to suit everyone. Just speaking from A LOT of experience.

How do i do a recurring event for the same time every week

i know it can be done, i get it pop up all the time on steam, i just dunno how
Nitestalkr
Nitestalkr

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:05 pm

can't check at the moment (just arrived at work Rolling Eyes) but will find out and let you know if no one works it out in the next, oh, 10 hours...

or... add someone who knows how to as a moderator within the group and give them permission to set it up (we're all responsible Wink)

PS. for some reason i misread your sig as 'your sails are mine' this morning. now i have the image of popeye the pilferer stuck in my head.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfski Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 pm

You can't do recurring events with the steam GUI you gotta manually do each one!!! At least you couldn't when I set up our weekly Saturday meets....
What a pain !
There may be a way to spoof it programmatically as it probably posts back something XML data with some session key or checksum content... someone with the right prog could probably work it out Wink... and if you do let me know cos we are about out of recurring sessions so i will need to populate the next 3 months at some point...

~~ is it me or has steam been really struggling these last couple of weeks ??? many links like the community pages seem to take forever to come back...
Wolfski
Wolfski

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 pm

steam is revamping its community stuff, putting far more focus on discussing games within their forums and platform. hence so many updates and likely search issues...

shame cant schedule recurring meets... and no, programatically will be difficult to do... steam web pages would have an api where you can quickly sign in; the steam UI uses some sort of this mechanism for sure as you can peek at the log in UI before you see actual content... if so, the auto-auth would be done by steam sending the steam (program) session info to sign you in, avoiding passing credentials (how i would do it anyway). so.... if you want to auto-reschedule, you will need to have a browser script / plugin to macro it, or break steam's authentication XD
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by juice Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 pm

i will try to be there!! ... depend on when it is

figuring out time zones hurts my head, so not really sure when this is

i'm in van, bc ... if anybody wants to figure it out for me... lol
juice
juice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2