Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new glitch

+4
Nightwing
Loki
MJ
the-anger
8 posters

Go down

new glitch Empty new glitch

Post by the-anger Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:15 am

invisible turrets!

and why not indeed...

turns out if you destroy a turret posthumously (clarify: with guns, not missiles or rockets or torps) there is a chance of desync resulting in the turret vanishing on your client, but not on the server Razz

i didnt have fraps running or i would have recorded it, but i still took damage when the turret was firing on me... was on USW, about 250 ping...

anyone else run into this before?
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

new glitch Empty Re: new glitch

Post by MJ Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am

I have seen this twice before, and it was very annoying. The first time it happened, it only affected the carrier I was attacking. With no surprise our team was whipped. At first I thought someone was pulling some clever hack, but a few days later I saw it again. It was happening to both carriers, and there was much cursing from everyone involved.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 am

I've had this before; you take mystery damage and can hear bullets bouncing off you. Sometimes a launched torp will disappear, too. Invisible turrets sounds like a good explanation.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am

I've encountered this before, but I didn't pay it any mind, because I thought that it was a one-time thing.
I only encountered it in one match... This glitch is really annoying in CA...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Happened to me once. I tried to kill the invisible turret, but I don't remember if it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brodur Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 pm

I can acquist to this happening to me as well, on two separate matches.
Brodur
Brodur

Back to top Go down

Post by Recorde Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I've seen this in one match. First it blew me up after being chased then it took out one of my torps before I realized exactly what was happening.

Recorde

Back to top Go down

Post by juice Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 pm

I don't think it's that new??

I recall a while ago a couple of close ca games where I shot the winning torp, only to vanish in front of me.

I of course proceeded to let out the odd obscenity.... i don't enjoy losing ca's... lol
juice
juice

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Abstractness wrote:Happened to me once. I tried to kill the invisible turret, but I don't remember if it worked.
i counted this time - i fired at the least 6-8 rockets at it (which disappeared in mid-air so i assume they did impact) and came back with a stingray and shoveled more missiles into it, at least 3-5 would have made contact. the turret would have been on low HP if it was that close to dying that i could kill it with a few bullets...

safe to say these turrets cannot be killed once they enter that state. what i have not been able to test yet is if this is purely client-side for one person, or a server glitch for everyone as a result of one person's actions...

and im aware this is hardly news to some... however no one has yet detailed it so to many newer players it is a real WTF when it happens...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Adama Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:10 am

Ah...Never ever happened to me. Maybe once or twice.

But i destroyed the server too, so they stopped firing. XD Bruhahahaha! XD
Adama
Adama

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 am

Adama wrote:Ah...Never ever happened to me. Maybe once or twice.

But i destroyed the server too, so they stopped firing. XD Bruhahahaha! XD
i do wonder sometimes how many simultaneous rockets / nukes it would take to destroy the server...
no matter how many i would flood the server with them (but slow enough so they don't spawn on top of one another and explode) it would definitely start to lag but never outright crash... we're talking taking the quad machine guns, and turning every bullet into a rocket... thats about the firing rate we have seen in game* and it was still stable**, somehow...

edit - *from multiple people at the same time to boot
** stable. lol. since when.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 am

the-anger wrote:
Abstractness wrote:Happened to me once. I tried to kill the invisible turret, but I don't remember if it worked.
i counted this time - i fired at the least 6-8 rockets at it (which disappeared in mid-air so i assume they did impact) and came back with a stingray and shoveled more missiles into it, at least 3-5 would have made contact. the turret would have been on low HP if it was that close to dying that i could kill it with a few bullets...

safe to say these turrets cannot be killed once they enter that state. what i have not been able to test yet is if this is purely client-side for one person, or a server glitch for everyone as a result of one person's actions...

and im aware this is hardly news to some... however no one has yet detailed it so to many newer players it is a real WTF when it happens...

Had a match once where this occurred and someone else (can't recall) said they were destroyed by something they couldn't see. We didn't try attacking turret positions, though.
I used to think this was the interior turrets clipping through the carrier hull, but that was back before they became beam weapons.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Fri May 03, 2013 9:17 am

ok, happened again tonight, this time i was fortunate enough to have fraps running... so... watching the footage, yes, the turret is destroyed, there is a message that the turret is destroyed, but the turret wasnt destroyed on the server!? i managed to do this without dying in the process, should be noted too...

if i flew in a way a turret could hit me, i was receiving damage. rockets fired at the turret disappeared like the turret took damage (rockets dont detonate on direct hit with ships and turrets, but will detonate on impact with the carrier. have footage of both for comparison).
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum