Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inane Drivel :P

+4
Loki
the-anger
Nostromo
Nightwing
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Inane Drivel :P - Page 2 Empty Re: Inane Drivel :P

Post by longshot Tue May 07, 2013 2:59 am

That was the mistake Mitsubishi made in WW2 with their fighter planes. They were fine travelling in groups, but when they tried to divide to attack enemies they had no choice but to crash, which is how Kamikazes came about. True story.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Boeing_747 Tue May 07, 2013 4:43 am

longshot wrote:That was the mistake Mitsubishi made in WW2 with their fighter planes. They were fine travelling in groups, but when they tried to divide to attack enemies they had no choice but to crash, which is how Kamikazes came about. True story.

Mitsubishi A6M "Zero":
Inane Drivel :P - Page 2 300px-Mitsubishi_Zero-Yasukuni
Boeing_747
Boeing_747

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Tue May 07, 2013 2:57 pm

longshot wrote:That was the mistake Mitsubishi made in WW2 with their fighter planes. They were fine travelling in groups, but when they tried to divide to attack enemies they had no choice but to crash, which is how Kamikazes came about. True story.

well that explains a lot hehehe

now i have this crazy idea of making a kamikaze plane or spaceship but when it reaches its target instead of exploding it generates a gravitational singularity aka black hole and well... kills a lot of ppl! wouldn't that be cool?! What a Face

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Viking Jack wrote:

well that explains a lot hehehe

now i have this crazy idea of making a kamikaze plane or spaceship but when it reaches its target instead of exploding it generates a gravitational singularity aka black hole and well... kills a lot of ppl! wouldn't that be cool?! What a Face
this rings a bell... while channel surfing some years back on cable tv i came across some semi-interesting anime (in the canon & tech, not the show / plot itself; think it was some offshoot of Zoids series).

anyway, at one point they employ what (i think) was called a gravity cannon - the shell is huge, small office block sized, and when it detonates it implodes creating a black hole. im sure there is a better explanation because what the effects were is still an explosion of sorts with a massive crater, except the gravity was magnified inside the blast area for a short while rather than everything (presumably the earth by this token too) being sucked in. anime physics, lol...

and speaking of ludicrously overpowered weaponry... in physics classes i got bored and started doodling some crazy invention - the sun cannon. basically, an upscaled plasma cannon using a magnetic containment chamber design. but instead of generating a mass of swirling plasma, you kick-start solar fusion and catapult the proto-star as a projectile, using forces similar to that in a (charged) particle accelerator (alternating magnetic fields). the weapon would be solar-system sized at least, and take more resources to construct than would be available for humans to reach (even factoring inter-stellar travel at sub-light speeds). imagine... dont like the aliens on some distant world? launch an entire star their way, and see what happens. i know i'd like to see that...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Wed May 08, 2013 1:50 am

the-anger wrote:
and speaking of ludicrously overpowered weaponry... in physics classes i got bored and started doodling some crazy invention - the sun cannon. basically, an upscaled plasma cannon using a magnetic containment chamber design. but instead of generating a mass of swirling plasma, you kick-start solar fusion and catapult the proto-star as a projectile, using forces similar to that in a (charged) particle accelerator (alternating magnetic fields). the weapon would be solar-system sized at least, and take more resources to construct than would be available for humans to reach (even factoring inter-stellar travel at sub-light speeds). imagine... dont like the aliens on some distant world? launch an entire star their way, and see what happens. i know i'd like to see that...

i don't remember in wich game but i once saw a smaller version of your sun cannon i think it was in one of the X3 series or mass effect but i saw a lot of hand held cannons that use a similar principle firefall for example has the assault class wich uses 3 different kinds of plasma cannons also i saw some in quake wars but those use ''dark matter'' instead of plasma

as for a ridiculously overpowered weapon just try to emulate or control a relativistic jet from that supermasive black hole at the centre of the galaxy thats just a galaxy buster shot lol! guess mother nature always gets the best guns...

also,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_gun

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by theSignal Wed May 08, 2013 9:44 am

I call e'm Nova heads, or just plain old Nova's in the scifi I'm writing now.
they're a kind of payload for missiles, seeing as stars that small need an external containment method as their own gravity is not yet high enough.
they use a similar method to generate energy, its called a 'Microdyson reactor'
basically, its a miniaturized Dyson sphere.
theSignal
theSignal

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Viking Jack wrote:
the-anger wrote:

i don't remember in wich game but i once saw a smaller version of your sun cannon i think it was in one of the X3 series or mass effect but i saw a lot of hand held cannons that use a similar principle firefall for example has the assault class wich uses 3 different kinds of plasma cannons also i saw some in quake wars but those use ''dark matter'' instead of plasma

as for a ridiculously overpowered weapon just try to emulate or control a relativistic jet from that supermasive black hole at the centre of the galaxy thats just a galaxy buster shot lol! guess mother nature always gets the best guns...

also,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_gun

good old sun gun lol...

if only there was a reliable way of harnessing relativistic jets... for one we don't even have a agreed-upon explanation, however this page gives some insight... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorotational_instability#Applications_and_laboratory_experiments

edit - aside from that, there is also the penrose process - basically, you can arrange for infalling matter to break up into two parts such that one part falls in and the other potentially escapes with more mass-energy than it entered with, robbing the black hole of angular momentum in the process.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 am

the-anger wrote:

if only there was a reliable way of harnessing relativistic jets... for one we don't even have a agreed-upon explanation, however this page gives some insight... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetorotational_instability#Applications_and_laboratory_experiments

edit - aside from that, there is also the penrose process - basically, you can arrange for infalling matter to break up into two parts such that one part falls in and the other potentially escapes with more mass-energy than it entered with, robbing the black hole of angular momentum in the process.

well at least we have the basics now we just need a generic bald mad scientist with a german accent to build us a cosmic flamethrower

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu May 09, 2013 1:06 am

Viking Jack wrote:
the-anger wrote:

well at least we have the basics now we just need a generic bald mad scientist with a german accent to build us a cosmic flamethrower
and unlimited funding... and test subjects... you always need test subjects...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Thu May 09, 2013 4:07 am

I just checked that last wiki link, and my mind melted...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Thu May 09, 2013 5:39 am

well it is only magnetohydrodynamics... it's not rocket science; it's plasma physics Razz
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Thu May 09, 2013 4:34 pm

the-anger wrote:well it is only magnetohydrodynamics... it's not rocket science; it's plasma physics Razz

Rocket science is easier to understand than the physics of a non newtonian fluid created when atoms melt.
Rockets can be simplified to "An explosion happens in a cone. The cone channels the explosion down. The rocket goes up."
Plasma physics can't be simplified like that. You can't even describe the effects without using arcane symbology...
Nightwing
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Thu May 09, 2013 4:37 pm

the-anger wrote:well it is only magnetohydrodynamics... it's not rocket science; it's plasma physics Razz

too much math and boring stuff, can't we just build a set of giant mirrors to aim the beam and throw a bunch of modern pop music albums inside the black hole to make it puke?

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Thu May 09, 2013 7:41 pm

I know where to get hundreds of Bieber CD's.... If you're looking for some...
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Sun May 12, 2013 12:27 am

Nostromo wrote:I know where to get hundreds of Bieber CD's.... If you're looking for some...

Oooh! Lemme go to the landfill! There's gotta be PLENTY of Justin Bieber albums there!
Nightwing
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Sun May 12, 2013 12:41 am

Sorry, the 'Bieliebers' went and 'saved' those from destruction. The effort was spear-headed by a government sponsered program green lighted by the daughters of the US President.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 pm

The horror... Will satan (JB) never be destroyed?
Nightwing
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Last I heard the UN is looking to sponsor him as the unelected overlord of the Earth, all the while maintaining a degree of autonomy that would only be reserved for them exclusively.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 pm

i smell a new survival / horror game coming out...

"in a world, where the Beliebers have taken over... rampaging through the CD stores and iTunes, they came like a swarm and consumed everything. except the beiber content of course, which went on to form their religion, the Beliebers (unimaginative bunch aren't they)... with everything left in androgynous ruin, it is up to you to restore what i ironically call sanity to this world."

i mean, it's still a zombie shooter, they're just not medically dead zombies. and it will have nothing but metal as the sound track. and to appease the Beliebers you can buy the songs in 15 second increments as soundtracks. that way they will play through it call, committing virtual cannibalism for their brain-rotting pop fix.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sun May 12, 2013 11:14 pm

well,

the nazis have zombies with enough skill to shoot guns and cast unholy spells,

the soviets have mutants with crazy psychic powers

and america has bieber...

guess every major player out there has their paranormal super weapons

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sun May 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Viking Jack wrote:well,

the nazis have zombies with enough skill to shoot guns and cast unholy spells,

the soviets have mutants with crazy psychic powers

and america has bieber...

guess every major player out there has their paranormal super weapons

china's is an army of hackers. or their super ppm10u levels. perhaps both.
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2