Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan fiction writing issues

5 posters

Go down

Fan fiction writing issues Empty Fan fiction writing issues

Post by SienaRannock Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 pm

I've been writing fanfic stories about Star Wars for 2 years now, most of the first stuff was crap but my latest works have been, in my opinion, better and less naive, and I think it's time to take a leap forward. For a few days I've been thinking of starting another Fanfic project, where the theme will be (surprisingly) Moon Breakers, and for the first time I'll be writing in English. But before starting I wanted to ask a few questions still bothering me. confused

1. Are there any potential readers or am I creating my story in vain? Finnish Star Wars fanon community was so small I know only 2 persons who have read my stories and it feels frustrating Razz
2. Is it okay to change the game stuff a bit (like pirates not being pirates but some kind of mercenaries, criminals, and all illegal stuff the Government guys want to destroy) (just worried about copyright issues) pirat
3. The common idea of the story will be something like this: In the not-too-distant future the Earth has fallen to a fascistic, militaristic dictatorship (The Government) and they are fighting against the loose alliance of independent He3-miners, mercenaries, freedom fighters and pirates willing to separate the mining colonies from the Government, whose economy is mostly based on their He3. The story would follow a young boy who is a pilot in the Government Navy and he meets a girl fighting on the Pirates' side. Many WW2-style intense fighting scenes (also ground fighting stuff) will be included, but there will also be a lot of stuff outside the cockpit. Is it all crap? Any suggestions?
4. Is it okay to publish it here on the forums or should I put it to some fanfic site?
5. Creating the supporting characters has always been hard for me and I've always been extra bad in names, so if you guys have any character designs or awesome sci-fi style or more ordinary names, feel free to help me Smile
6. However if my English is fluent, I still do a lot of grammatical fails and typos, so if someone wants to proofread the whole shite and report the fails when I've finished, I'd be forever grateful.
SienaRannock
SienaRannock

Back to top Go down

Fan fiction writing issues Empty Re: Fan fiction writing issues

Post by Viking Jack Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:43 pm

1) i like reading some fan fics when im in the mood

2) don't think they are going to bother you with copyright things so long as you don't sell your story

3)(in my opinion) get rid of the ''good and evil'' duality, make both sides as nasty as possible, as for the boy meets girl part, since both sides are greedy murderous bastards in their own ways maybe the protagonists from different sides meet each other, get tired of fighting and look for a chance to escape from the fighting and carnage in the helium wars, and that oportunity comes in the form of an old school bank,convoy,train,spaceship(he3) heist of course that means they earn a huge bounty from both sides the gov wants his He3 and the pirates want their share of the loot, all of that without losing the WW2 diesel punk theme, but above all that just my opinion

4) ask loki

5) me either

6) ditto

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:53 pm

5) I'm ok with it here; where else are we going to find it? lol. I should probably create a section under General Discussion to house it... Just FYI, Nightwing is also working on fanfic stuff.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes I am, Xwing. If I may, a very good site to use would be fanfiction.net . If you already have a profile, or even if you haven't signed up yet, I'd like you to look up my stories.

If you want to look me up, FF profile page can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

I look forward to connecting with you on FanFiction.net!
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:51 pm

I don't mind making random supporting characters, however I tend to like to have my main make a cameo even if he is promptly killed off in the immediate scenes. If you want my Main check out the thread Nightwing made for his Fiction, he posted my character profile that I developed for Moon Breakers.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Nostromo wrote: Nightwing posted my character profile that I developed for Moon Breakers.

Yeah. It's right here: https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t806-fanfiction#11472
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by SienaRannock Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 am

Thanks pal, I'm sure I'll figure something out with your character, Nos.
SienaRannock
SienaRannock

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Lol, like I said, his cameo doesn't have to be glorious. Just that if you'd like my help that's my only stipulation, however if all you want is to use him I'll consent to that without issue. Very Happy
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down