Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets clear something up

+2
longshot
cavallino
6 posters

Go down

Lets clear something up Empty Lets clear something up

Post by cavallino Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 pm

I play as cavallino33. I played a few matches today between 1 and 2:20 pm (pacifi time) on 7/15/12. A lot of people were calling me a hacker because I kept "teleporting" and clipping through rocks. I have no idea what is causing this and was totally unaware of it happening on my end. I apologize for any anger this may have caused. I am not and never will be a hacker. I really enjoy this game but not to the extent that I would feel the need to hack. I don't want to give myself an advantage to the point of being unfair so I guess if there is no way to keep this from happening I will no longer be able to play. Sad

I don't know that this will convince anyone that I am not hacking but I hope it does.

cavallino

Back to top Go down

Lets clear something up Empty Re: Lets clear something up

Post by longshot Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Teleporting is not hacking, neither is it cheating unless you're doing it deliberately (which obviously you're not). Its a symptom of lag, caused by a slow & inconsistent connection to the server.

Either your internet is slow & flaky or you had some other program running that was chewing up your bandwidth. Browsers can do this if they have a tab open that's continually loading/refreshing something, also things like Dropbox can cause it as well - I have to remember to pause syncing with it before I play.

This is yet another reason to use Ventrilo, as it tells you your ping. If its unusually high you know to check things out before starting MB.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by cavallino Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:35 pm

I have google drive running at the same time. My speedtest results are always good ping ~16 and ~12Mbps. I run every other online game like this and never get lag.

People started claiming I was doing more damage too???

cavallino

Back to top Go down

Post by cavallino Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Well tried rebooting, disabling google drive and any other web related services. Still lagging still being called a hacker lol.

I guess I just won't be able to play this game. It's weird how lag gives you an advantage in this game.

Last edited by cavallino on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

cavallino

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry to hear that Cav Sad
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by cavallino Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm

longshot wrote:Sorry to hear that Cav Sad

Yeah I am dissapointed I really liked this game. I will keep trying. It's weird because my internet is always consistent, I may not have the highest speed at 12-14Mbps but it should be enough for a game like this.

cavallino

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:38 pm

hmm... what server are you trying? run pingtest, not speedtest, to the server closest (try a geoip service to locate the game server if you want absolute accuracy, or ask the devs?).

pingtest will show packet loss and ping instability - you can play the game on good ping and on horrendous ping (euro for me, in aus), but if your ping is jumping up and down every few seconds, that would likely cause teleportation glitches.

high dmg - because of how the client calculates hits... basically, if there is sudden lag, you will hit more because the client hasn't received a position / momentum update. just a theory, but probably what happens.

PS. im on 6Mbps and never had complaints of lag issues while running vent to boot... its definitely a ping / stability issue, not bandwidth specifically
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 am

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t219-physical-locations-of-the-various-game-servers

Do a ping-test; server IPs might be different though, if they relocated/consolidated servers rather than just dropping the missing ones from the list.
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:06 am

While all the servers were cycled with the last update, as far as I could tell, the only significant change was that the EU server was moved from Amsterdam to Dublin.
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 am

Thanks for checking up on the servers Jiel, greatly appreciated! Very Happy
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by cavallino Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 am

I will give those suggestions a try today. Thank you.

cavallino

Back to top Go down

Post by ratcharmer Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:24 am

I've seen this happen a couple times, from multiple different people. I think it's caused by lag.

It is extremely aggravating though, since it makes the affected player largely impossible to shoot down.

ratcharmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down