Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good players.

+18
Nostromo
MJ
Snubby
imda
Vanity
the-anger
juice
SuPerKen
Viking Jack
Adama
◄Reapers► Subedei
Loki
Shade
eltazar
Terribad
longshot
Jiel
Nightwing
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Good players. - Page 3 Empty Re: Good players.

Post by Snubby Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 am

Hello people, I can settle this once and for all. I was here in the beginning and I can say without a doubt in my mind that Abstractnes is the greatest Moon Breakers player ever (jiel and Jack dont suck). Hands down.
These are some of the names I remember playing with (no particular order).

Abstractness aka Agent Ghost
Deviant Saint
Ferc Polo
Grey Man
Jiel aka Mercurius
Loki aka Count Neural
Marvin Swarve
Xor aka Dante Conflict
Grim Reaper aka Dark Synthus and Winter Link
Lord Static
Saint Random
X aka Dead Largo

I get an honorable mention because if it wasn't for me (pats himself on the back), you guys probably wouldnt have such a wonderful community. Wink

in the beginning http://moonbreakers.userecho.com/topic/102438-squadron-the-first-the-elite-the-praetorians/
know your history !

peace
Golden Wizard
Snubby
Snubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:41 pm

i might not be the best pilot but none of you can deny that im the most proficient in psychological warfare no ventrillo or forum or human mind is safe from my drunken antics!

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 pm

I have never considered myself to be a top ace, but I always have considered myself to be a solid player. Even when I was a newer player with two stripes by my name, I was second or third highest in S&D matches. Even though there were much better players then me, I never meet another player that I couldn't occasionally sneak up on and turn into a smoking hole.
That all changed one day.
My wife was out of town, and on one of my days off I was spending the whole day fooling around on MoonBreakers. It was such a luxury for me, and I was loving it. About halfway through my day I was playing a great and crowded S&D match where I was ripping up the opposition. Suddenly this guy named Jack the Rapist blindsided me and I was sent to respawn. I shot down several others and Jack shot me down twice more. I decided I would go after this Jack fellow and teach him a lesson. I was using the G5 (before it got its big speed boost, I was the only one who used it in S&D, but I loved the center line cannon), I flew out and found him right away, I was quickly sent back to the carrier. I flew after him, and again he easily sent me back to the carrier. I switched to my FH-200, my go to fighter at the time. This will give me the edge I thought, I will show him. Three more times he shot me down. Even when I caught him by surprise, he would turn the tables and demonstrate to me, the proper way to use a fighter. I remember after the game, in the lobby I said "Jack's name is appropriate, I feel bent over". Another player agreed and said he was the real deal. The game was great fun and is burned into my memory as one of my favorite.
Jack the Rapist, later changed his name to Viking Jack, but he remains the only other player who I have never shot down. He gets my vote for best player.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eltazar Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:19 am

I got the same feeling about Afro Samurai... meet that guy some week ago and he was unstoppable in his X99, he outflow my F3X witch such simply that I was like total rookie... I do knot know who is he, but its the best pilot I've ever met

eltazar

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:21 am

Afro Samurai = Abstractness, and yes he's the best.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:44 am

I also vote for Abstractness. v:
Jack and Deviant Saint tie for my vote for second. :v
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:57 am

lol... seems ive flown against everyone more than vs Abstractness... the one game i can remember was way early on, talking in the first few days where i started messing around with an X99... dont remember many (if any) encounters after that...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 am

Thanks for your votes. I think the votes for me can only be valid for:
X-99, FH-250, V-66 and maybe FH-200.

I learned to fly Sidewinder before they had such fast rocket reloading and remote detonating. Most of the time I spent on MB was before those upgrades. So I never mastered the art of remote detonating rockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 am

Jiel wrote:I also vote for Abstractness. v:
Jack and Deviant Saint tie for my vote for second. :v

Abstractness wrote:Thanks for your votes. I think the votes for me can only be valid for:
X-99, FH-250, V-66 and maybe FH-200.

I learned to fly Sidewinder before they had such fast rocket reloading and remote detonating. Most of the time I spent on MB was before those upgrades. So I never mastered the art of remote detonating rockets.

Agent Ghost was my friendly nemesis for at least two months on US East Smile
Deviant Saint was even friendlier, but harder to kill and always outflew me in a Cobra. He never made you feel bad about it, though.
Then all three of us got the Praetorian invite from X and jumped aboard.

I recall my first game against Jack and Jiel (yes, that was intentional); I arrived just after an S&D match on US West had started and the autobalancer had put these two on the same team against a couple rookies (who all ragequit early). I was loaded into the opposing team and had a super difficult time against them; I could get one, but not both before I was sent back to the carrier. I remember all three of us were pretty balanced in the high teens for kills by the end of the match, though their team had twice as many as mine. This was one of the hardest matches I've ever played and was surprised at the skills behind their "low" levels at the time (around 50-70 or so). Jiel was the second best Sidewinder pilot I'd seen (second only to Abstractness) and Jack was putting the Merlin onto the top of my priority target list (it was still a very new ship that I'd only flown once or twice on a free-to-fly week). Not long after that, DMH had scooped up Jack and the Praetorians had recruited Jiel.
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Nostromo Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 am

Abstractness wrote:Wow, Nostromo_Crew has grown pretty strong with the F3-X.

I think it's a mistake to believe that rookie pick-up kills constitutes as, "Strong," piloting skills. I have nowhere near the skill to Dogfight like you and Anger, and in most cases I believe I make for the lion's share of deaths for my team's side in SnD.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm

thanks for the vote and the story that reminded me the old times nostromo,

as for the best player probably i would vote for abstractness if it comes to pure skill, but for the best pilot in the whole game i think i have not a definitive choice there, each ace has his techniques and his playstyle some are lone demigods that leave only wreckage at their path, others use the environment to ninja own you when you least expect them leaving you thinking if your death was some sort of game bug or the act of unseen demonic forces, other aces don't have the skill or the combat awareness to do the last 2 things but they fight along their teammates and lead them to victory in a way that when you see that huge mass of red letters you think they are some kind of eldrith abobination or an advanced alien species with a hive mind coming to enlight you on teamwork and kick your ass in the process

each of them can win a game if they know how to exploit their advantages and the enemy's weakness

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Ah yes, the eldritch hive mind abomination - that's pretty much what DMH was becoming before everyone suddenly left.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:38 pm

longshot wrote:Ah yes, the eldritch hive mind abomination - that's pretty much what DMH was becoming before everyone suddenly left.

don't worry longshot when i take over the world im going to declare mechwarrior online illegal and under capital punishment along with justin bieber,twilight and communism

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Viking Jack wrote: ... along with justin bieber,twilight and communism

My god. Finally, someone grows a few brain cells!

I'm still looking forward to the day that the government reaches a critical mass of negative I.Q. points, and somebody burns down the White House...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Nightwing wrote:
Viking Jack wrote: ... along with justin bieber,twilight and communism

My god. Finally, someone grows a few brain cells!

I'm still looking forward to the day that the government reaches a critical mass of negative I.Q. points, and somebody burns down the White House...

im afraid that happened a long time ago here and i don't know how or why but we still exist, and to think nations like yugoslavia disintegrated for less...

oh well at least we have the first non european pope, american, jesuit and first one to use the name francis aka the ''black pope'' muahahahaha and i have a letter from him that means im his friend muahahahahaha x2

mmm i wonder how much those history channel dudes that own the pawn shop in las vegas would give me for it

just kidding im going to keep it like i do with all the things that has a remote historic value

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Viking Jack wrote:just kidding im going to keep it like i do with all the things that has a remote historic value
or use it to one day to become pope... somehow...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:30 pm

the-anger wrote:
Viking Jack wrote:just kidding im going to keep it like i do with all the things that has a remote historic value
or use it to one day to become pope... somehow...

sure anger, i bet they would love to have a pope that tries to find a scientific explanation for every spiritual miracle or religion out there

also i don't think necromancy is very popular among christians

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 pm

i disagree, necromancy is all but celebrated every year at easter.

besides, being pope you would have the authority to claim what is and is not a miracle... keep moving the goalpost Wink
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Necromancy may not be popular with Christians, but with a good zombie apocalypse, there would not be a lot of them left to oppose you when you declared yourself Pope.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 pm

MJ wrote:Necromancy may not be popular with Christians, but with a good zombie apocalypse, there would not be a lot of them left to oppose you when you declared yourself Pope.

lol
Nightwing
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:53 pm

the-anger wrote:i disagree, necromancy is all but celebrated every year at easter.

besides, being pope you would have the authority to claim what is and is not a miracle... keep moving the goalpost Wink

i see you think like me, i was going to tell you that ''its funny jesus was the very first necromancer'' but i didn't want to offend religious ppl

my goal is not to deny miracles but to understand them and learn from them and as a possibility replicate them, for example where some people see angels i see an advanced civilization with mechanical wings or a flying device of course i don't fall in all those crazy conspirationist theories if extraterrestrials or interdimensionals beings exist we should focus on communicating with them not in creating some weird sci fi star wars good and evil and all that mumbo jumbo, that's just medieval...

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:09 pm

MJ wrote:Necromancy may not be popular with Christians, but with a good zombie apocalypse, there would not be a lot of them left to oppose you when you declared yourself Pope.

lol thats only happens with the fantasy necromancy the real life version its all about talking with ghost and whatever other invisible energy made thing that wants to have a chat so those dudes with the electromagnetic detectors that hunt ghost are technically necromancers

as for making a dead body move again (not life) that can be done though science not by waving a hand and speaking some words in latin:p

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiel Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 pm

The Christians aren't necromancers, they're more like alchemists.

Through the "miracle" that is transubstantiation, Christian priests are able to transmute ordinary bread and wine into the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. At first this seems somewhat vexing, as human transmutation is forbidden by God. Attempts at it normally have a rebounding effect, causing the alchemist responsible to lose internal organs or other body parts at random. However, there exists no such restriction on the transmutation of the flesh of a homunculus, which is what they actually perform during sacrament.

Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected, but his was an imperfect resurrection. The Twelve(eleven?) Apostles lacked a Philosopher's Stone when attempting to raise Jesus, causing him to return as a homunculus.

Jesus himself seems to have been fairly skilled in alchemy, obviously somewhat more than his apostles. There are accounts of him duping seven loaves and some fish, probably by transmuting some large amount of readily available organic matter. Another account has him properly raising a citizen of Bethany from the dead. It would seem that in life he mastered alchemy to such a degree that he managed to obtain the Philosopher's Stone for himself. Exactly why it was unavailable to his disciples upon their attempt to resurrect him remains uncertain. Though, some believe that Judas managed to gank it, later fencing it for a thirty or so pieces of silver.
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:13 am

alchemy, necromancy, sorcery, ''magic'', are all the same its just the ability of one or more individuals to manipulate the primordial forces that compose the universe whether they do this with machines or biologically thanks to a mutation or an evolution its just the same.
people choice profession names for safety or renown, you don't want to be called necromancer,wizard,sorcerer,warlock during the inquisition so you choose the only name that was barely tolerated

in fact this is a quote found in one of the notebooks of leonardo da vinci "Of all human opinions that is to be reputed the most foolish which deals with the belief in Necromancy, the sister of Alchemy, which gives birth to simple and natural things."

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am

lol, Jiel.

I saw that post, and the very first place my mind went was Full Metal Alchemist...
Nightwing
Nightwing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next