Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers

5 posters

Go down

Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers Empty Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers

Post by Loki Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Abstractness suggested Moon Breakers should have it's own Wiki entry. I think this is a great idea. Let's put something together here, then present it to WJ for approval.

The article should include the a description of the game using the best pieces as found on Moonbreakers Newswire, Facebook, Google +, & Steam. IMBA Entertainment should be mentioned and some history provided.

The article should also include links to the above locations, as well as mention and link the Userecho and player forum (with the Gameplay category linked), and possibly include a little history on the player forum (that's a shout-out to X!)

Let's hear your thoughts!
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers Empty Re: Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers

Post by Viking Jack Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Moon Breakers its a free to play space combat game developed by IMBA where two factions the goverment and the pirates fight for the control of helium 3 a rare resource that acts like currency in the game's fictional universe.
the game is set in a WW2 inspired future with most ships resembling fighters of the era

players can choose between four ship clases light fighters, medium fighters, heavy fighters and bombers

each class has various different ships with different statistics,weapons and roles this would be the case of ships with beam weapons that act like snipers or the heaviest fighter also know as barracuda whose principally advante are its twin tracking missile launcher gives this ship the role of support and defender in most battles.
aditionally each class has a prestige ship wich are faster and more maneuverable than the other ships in their class

each player starts with a free light fighter F-3 mamba and a free bomber B1 rhino

aditional ships can be unlocked with creds wich is like experience points pilots earn after battles or He3 wich the players can buy with real money

the ships can have its stats upgraded with creds, upgrades have different levels being level five the limit each new level its more expensive than the last and the player has to follow the numerical order

boosts can also be bought with He3 wich acts as creds and experience multipliers

right now the game features 3 game modes

CTF (capture the flag):each team has to steal a helium canister from the enemy carrier then bring it back to theirs

CA (carrier assault):both teams have to destroy the opposing team carrier before they do the same, bombers are the only effective way to deal damage to an enemy carrier

S&D(seek and destroy): basically a team death match pilots have to kill the other team ships the faster they can the first team who reach the score limit wins

the game features 3 maps

broken moon: a symetrical map with a huge broken moon in the middle the maps features caves and lots of asteroids to use as cover or ambush spots

broadsides: both carriers are set really close to each other this map feautures fast and itense combat with an asteroid field to use as cover or ambush spot

rockfield: another big map like broken moon only that this one both carriers are separated by a huge asteroid field

ok that as far im going to go as you know english its not my native language and i dont know too much of the chrome era or IMBA so feel free to correct, erase whatever you feel its better, this should only serve as an example for an article, btw another reason why im not following this is because there is a protest in front of were i live and some ''mistake of nature'' with an air horn is driving me crazy
words cannot express how much i hate ballistic and forensic investigations right now!

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers Empty Re: Wikipedia Article For Moon Breakers

Post by Vanity Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:13 pm

YeAh! that's a wicked idea! Can I help with editing of things? I love correcting english mistakes, etc. so if anyone needs help with their entry, i'll be more than happy to help.
Vanity
Vanity

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

WIKI STRUCTURE

MOON BREAKERS (VIDEO GAME)
1 Gameplay
2 Plot / Story Background
3 Development
4 Reception
5 References
6 External links

Focus on delivering information. Be brief. Be factual.
Where possible make a note of your information's source, or find something to back it up.

Arrow As an example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Commander_(video_game)

Idea Further down the track some of you can volunteer to go back every month or so to monitor/update the entry.
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Viking Jack Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

well you have points 1 and 2 in my last post as for development i think thats a job for the chrome veterans, reception and references thats a job for google:p and external links i think the userecho forums,the steams forums and last but not least this forum should be alright to put there

Viking Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Excellent work Jack and Jazzy! This is a great start Smile

Vanity, since you're interested, can you check over Jack's work from an editor's standing? We can try to fit it into Wikipedia format after that.

I'll try to grab some screenshots of the different maps, though if anyone else takes some, we'll pick the best.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 pm

As far as plot and background i would be happy to write something up for the wiki if i can get some guidance from the devs about what they have what the intention was with the "fluff" aspect of their universe.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzycat Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Feel free to pull any images I've got/used in the primers; the CREDITS info below is pulled from the 'About' link on the https://moonbreakers.com/Intro.

Please note that the staff listed are the full complement involved at the time of the initial launch of the game on Google Chrome; changes in staffing duties and numbers have occurred since depending on completion of separate projects and/or funding.

By Imba Entertainment © 2012 wrote:
CREDITS

ERIC ARROYO - Ship Modeling, Environment Art, Level Design, UI Art
ED BYRNE - Game Design and Art Lead, Product Design, Level Design, Production
JAMES GAMMELL - Ship Design, Concept Art, 2D Art,
WILLIAM HOWE-LOTT - Programming Lead, Engine Development, Game Design
WILLIAM JOHNSON - Programming, Design
RJ MARTIN - Programming, Game Design

Original Music by BEAR McCREARY

ADDITIONAL CREW

MATT AUGUSTINE - Network Logistics
CHAD HALEY - Environment Art
ED KEUHNEL - Writing
MICHAEL MADDUX - Logo design
HOWARD MOSTROM - Audio Director
TERRY SCHMIDBAUER - Ship Modeling
RUSSELL SONGCO - Web Design, UI Design
GREG STACKHOUSE - Operations
HEMANT DHAWAN and ASHISH PARASHAR (Arc Interactive, India) - Ship models and textures

VOICES

GREG STACKHOUSE - Pirate and Government Officers (Male)
PATTY HEARNS - Central Computer (Female)
ERIC ARROYO, ED BYRNE, JOHN COMES, CHANDANA EKANAYAKE, RYAN GAFFNEY, BEN GOLUS, RJ MARTIN, FORREST SMITH, RUSSELL SONGCO, STEVE THOMPSON - Pilots
jazzycat
jazzycat

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks Jazzy.

Vanity, did you get a chance to edit anything?

Also, AoC started digging around the Newswire & Userecho sites for story and world background info, so anything useful that's found should be posted here for easy access.
Loki
Loki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent of Change Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Loki wrote:Also, AoC started digging around the Newswire & Userecho sites for story and world background info, so anything useful that's found should be posted here for easy access.

I've been having life things happening. let me do a little research on the background stuff, Snubby gave me some good direction and I'll try to have something by this weekend.
Agent of Change
Agent of Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down