Moon Breakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided...

+13
the-anger
Loki
MJ
DrunkenMonkey
longshot
Kackling Kobold
imda
Corny
Thuufir
Nutz
Wolfski
Jiel
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Empty Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided...

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:16 am

...but I mean...come on... *points down*

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Untitl10
On a side note, that was the most AMAZING match I've ever played. The ENTIRE field was one massive furball, the ENTIRE game. Poetry in motion...

Anyone else have any one-sided matches lately?
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Empty Re: Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided...

Post by Jiel Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 am

Baby: Check
Candy: Check
Baseball Bat: Check

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Mb_20113
Jiel
Jiel

Back to top Go down

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Empty Re: Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided...

Post by Wolfski Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:27 am

I've seen many games like that... all i can say is respect to the team that stays in the game even if they are getting spanked..... and i'm sure we've all been on the receiving end of a good spanking !!!
Wolfski
Wolfski

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 pm

This time...I got spanked...I have a feelin' that you Reapers like Muffins >.>;, because the moment I got a bounty, I see someone in a Hammerhead or G5 on my six
Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Again_10
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:19 pm

~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin wrote:...but I mean...come on... *points down*

On a side note, that was the most AMAZING match I've ever played. The ENTIRE field was one massive furball, the ENTIRE game. Poetry in motion...

Anyone else have any one-sided matches lately?

~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin wrote:This time...I got spanked...I have a feelin' that you Reapers like Muffins >.>;, because the moment I got a bounty, I see someone in a Hammerhead or G5 on my six
Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Again_10

Wait a minute...Belshirash...jeebus christ it's a small world O.o! You seem to be that "X-Factor" because on my side, we whooped ass, on the other side...well...yeah...I'm not proud of my failings...
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nutz Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:15 pm

There was one well balanced match this morning Smile
Nutz
Nutz

http://www.segtechsystems.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 am

Oh yeah! I remember that match! Damn good match if I do say so myself. Plenty of furballs to go around and LOTS of good teamwork. It seems to be a pattern...the more people involved, the better teamwork functioning seems to behave. That or there's just more people watching your six, lol.
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thuufir Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:27 am

...I have a feelin' that you Reapers like Muffins >.>;, because the moment I got a bounty, I see someone in a Hammerhead or G5 on my six

Hey although Muffins are tasty dont take it personal ... its just about training with better ones ...
In this particular match you had 4 important afk pilots in ur team !
And to have Belshirash in ur team can always make the difference ....
i remember this 67 kills or something S&D Match !
Amazing job !

Thuufir
Thuufir

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Thuufir wrote:

...I have a feelin' that you Reapers like Muffins >.>;, because the moment I got a bounty, I see someone in a Hammerhead or G5 on my six

Hey although Muffins are tasty dont take it personal ... its just about training with better ones ...
In this particular match you had 4 important afk pilots in ur team !
And to have Belshirash in ur team can always make the difference ....
i remember this 67 kills or something S&D Match !
Amazing job !

Oh hell no I wasn't taking that personally. Hell I can't help it if I'm tasty. I know that out of all the other pilots who were actually THERE, a couple others and I had bigger bullseyes because of our reputations. I never take it personal when someone's gunning for me. I take it as a compliment. Just like when I chased you all around the asteroid field back to your ship, lol, bigger names get a bigger bullseye, it's just the name of the game.
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thuufir Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:09 pm

true story !

hope to see/shoot u soon!
Smile
Thuufir
Thuufir

Back to top Go down

Post by Corny Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:35 am

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Toppi

Well...
Corny
Corny

Back to top Go down

Post by imda Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Been practicing my Crane Style (FM-25)
When I get angry (too many torpedo spammers/heavy fighter overload/insurmountable odds/no competent wing men.....I go Crab (G-5)

Usually I do better with the G-5, but I like the psychological warfare aspect of prowl.

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... 210

Now I don't want to say that fight was one-sided... Moonbr10
imda
imda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 am

sadly; I get really disgruntled when its a game of six aces on one (me) and the other team rapidly inflates their score by grinding the noobs. More often than not Im not the only ace on my team at the begining of the match, but the other one or two that can hold their own; realize they're out classed, get frusterated & leave halfway through.

I guess I have a stubborn streak.

Afterwards though; I can't stand it when some arrogant bastard is posting "GG" after being the aggressor in that kind of garbage. Specific compliments would soothe the rage, appologies even, but no, that is definitively not a "good game". That is the kind of match that will/ is killing our game by driving away players both new and old.

Personally, when my team is leading by 10-20, I either jump in a mamba for dogfighting, or G5 for hunting heavies specifically.
Kackling Kobold
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 am

KK, for some reason moonbreakers now thinks I'm an ace (lol!) and often places me in that kind of matchup. Yet another factor that's making this game I loved less & less fun to play. Previously I'd try to do something to find enjoyment in such a game, but now I couldn't be bothered.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by DrunkenMonkey Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:04 am

A "GG" is pretty customary for some players. I hope it doesn't anger you if I do.

Like you, I stay in losing games. I consider it a nice challenge when my team is getting creamed. It's only specific tactics that really bother me, like using top-tier ships versus large groups of newbies and nuke fests.

DrunkenMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:16 am

Kackling Kobold wrote:sadly; I get really disgruntled when its a game of six aces on one (me) and the other team rapidly inflates their score by grinding the noobs. More often than not Im not the only ace on my team at the begining of the match, but the other one or two that can hold their own; realize they're out classed, get frusterated & leave halfway through.

I guess I have a stubborn streak.

Afterwards though; I can't stand it when some arrogant bastard is posting "GG" after being the aggressor in that kind of garbage. Specific compliments would soothe the rage, appologies even, but no, that is definitively not a "good game". That is the kind of match that will/ is killing our game by driving away players both new and old.

Personally, when my team is leading by 10-20, I either jump in a mamba for dogfighting, or G5 for hunting heavies specifically.

I also am guilty of saying the GG when it's a tad uncouth, but to those who stuck it out and took the beating like champs, a GG is more of a handshake than a pat on the back. It's more or less my way of saying "Hey, I know our side whooped up on you, but it's really appreciated that you stayed in the game and played your best."

I DO however, try to give some compliments to specific things when it's a game like that. As for the 'noob hunting' I try to avoid doing that at all costs, mostly because I nearly quit the game myself when I was in their shoes. Nothing infuriates someone more than barely leaving the hangar and getting picked off by a sniping nighthawk or getting blazed up by a passing swordfish. I try to gun for SPECIFIC names, people I know will provide a challenge. If there aren't any aces and vets out there, well then I guess it's pretty much out of my hands and in my crosshairs at that point.
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin
~{MFN}~ LCDR McMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

In one of my most memorable games, all the aces on my team left before the game started. That left me and four noobs facing a couple of noobs and six Praetoreans working together on vent. The game got really lopsided in a hurry, and I seemed to be on course for setting a new record for number of times shot down in one mission. It was pretty frustrating, and I was close to just quitting, when it dawned on me that all the Praetoreans had a huge bounty over their heads. I switched gears mentally, I no longer wanted to avoid getting shot down, I wanted to collect a bounty before I did. I would charge out of the carrier and hose down one of them before the others ganged up and sent me to re-spawn. About seventy percent of the time I was able to down one before a fiery death. I was a great challenge and I ended up having big fun and I scored over seven thousand credits. Pretty good for being on the losing team. To me it was a GG. I hope I can always try to find the silver lining, even when on the recieving end of a sound spanking.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 pm

MJ, something very similar happened to me a couple times today; I couldn't hope to win, but I could always drag one of them down with me lol
Loki
Loki
Admin

https://moonbreakers.forumotion.com/t48-this-is-the-part-where-i-

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:31 am

I understand "GG" is meant to be like shaking hands after the match... but there are in fact times where even that's inappropriate. Calling it a "good game" after bullying is just a slap in the face.

It may help to know though, that I rarely get angry at any one pilot, and I very rarely stay angry for long. Its more a case that I feel my limited time available to play (one or two matches at a time, generally) is wasted by these kind of matches, whichever side I may be on.

Also... lately when I notice my bounty is over 500 or 1000 I "abdicate it" to a mamba (let them kill me).

They need it... the ace that would otherwise invariably shoot me down doesn't really.

I've also noticed in the Boomer and G5 I get a lot more assists, which means someone else is collecting bounties on people I'm helping to gun down... which I actually don't mind terribly, most of the time.
Kackling Kobold
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kackling Kobold Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 am

longshot wrote:KK, for some reason moonbreakers now thinks I'm an ace (lol!) and often places me in that kind of matchup. Yet another factor that's making this game I loved less & less fun to play. Previously I'd try to do something to find enjoyment in such a game, but now I couldn't be bothered.

I've seen you steal my kills with your nighthawk. You ARE an ace. I just wish the game had a little more ability to differentiate from "experienced/ talented pilots" and "Living Nightmares" like Rabana and Awa.

I remember when I first got four bars and I was still in my nighthawk (without anything else unlocked)... I could barely hit anything with that and very nearly quit altogether. Fortunately there were still free to fly ships, & I got a chance to fall in love with the A-80 before it was nerfed.
Kackling Kobold
Kackling Kobold

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 am

Lol I don't fly a nighthawk, have never been any good with a beam - I think you're confusing me with Belshirash Wink
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by the-anger Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:34 am

kill stealing? nighthawk? i can think of a few in DMH (myself included) that could have been behind it... assuming it definitely was DMH

as far as one-sided fights go im leaning on gg meaning 'good effort' in all contexts so long as you can honestly say you werent doing anything dishonorable yourself... this is one reason i wont say anything on some games if i get the feeling it was unfairly one-sided for my opponents...
the-anger
the-anger

Back to top Go down

Post by longshot Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:51 am

This is where friendly fire would be good ... if a game's seriously one-sided, teams could mutually agree to just make it a free-for-all in the middle.
longshot
longshot

Back to top Go down

Post by DrunkenMonkey Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 pm

longshot wrote:This is where friendly fire would be good ... if a game's seriously one-sided, teams could mutually agree to just make it a free-for-all in the middle.

I'm not giving that carrier-hugging bomber even more free targets 8p

DrunkenMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightwing Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Literally, all I got are an F-3 and the B-7.
Both are the starter ships, yet I absolutely pwn in the F-3.
This leads me to believe that it isn't the ship, but the pilot that determines how good a person is...
Nightwing
Nightwing

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2743055/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next